Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=normalothercitrusfruit][QUOTE=jonnyofengland]**** me, the Fellowship of the Ring is a long film. A damn good one, but a bloody long film as well.

Yeah you're right there - did you watch the extended version?

I actually prefer reading the books to watching the films :yep:
    So do I, but Lord Of the Rings films are one of the few movies that stay relatively trrue to the books on which they are based.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=AutVinceriAutMori][QUOTE=normalothercitrusfruit]
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    **** me, the Fellowship of the Ring is a long film. A damn good one, but a bloody long film as well.

So do I, but Lord Of the Rings films are one of the few movies that stay relatively trrue to the books on which they are based.
    Yeah good point, about the only thing that's missing are the funny song things (which is no great loss), plus the Return of the King ending is different. Haven't read the books in a while, but didn't they go back to the Shire to find it still under the control of the orcs?

ReputationRep:
    Want chocolate :sad:

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=normalothercitrusfruit][QUOTE=AutVinceriAutMori]
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)

Yeah good point, about the only thing that's missing are the funny song things (which is no great loss), plus the Return of the King ending is different. Haven't read the books in a while, but didn't they go back to the Shire to find it still under the control of the orcs?
    The songs were funny :laugh: I havent read them for ages, so can't remember

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    The songs were funny :laugh: I havent read them for ages, so can't remember
    I used to sing them to my own made up little tunes! :p:

They were mostly funny, but when they went on for pages they got annoying :sadnod:

ReputationRep:

I believe the usual protocol is a bribe.

Na itz becawz we r awsum.

ReputationRep:
    Simply being close to the source material does not a good film make. They are entirely different mediums, and if you try and copy one straight over you will just a) fail to please the hardcore fans, as it will never be close enough, and b) alienate everyone else.

I'd much rather see someone's own take and vision on something. It makes for a far better film generally than someone just slogging away at a book.

Yeah you're right there - did you watch the extended version?

I actually prefer reading the books to watching the films :yep:
    No, I only have the normal version. And that's hefty enough! I haven't ever read the books though.

How much did you give :awesome: I bet I should start saving now, I need a good score and the fee itself is quite hefty.
    I gave them chocolate fudge cake, obviously. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OriginofSymmetry)
    Na itz becawz we r awsum.
    Origin!

How's tricks?

ReputationRep:
    Origin!

How's tricks?
    Not too bad at all. Finally getting some money saved and all my finances and uni accommodation sorted. Going on holiday soon too, thank god.

Yourself?

ReputationRep:

I used to sing them to my own made up little tunes! :p:

They were mostly funny, but when they went on for pages they got annoying :sadnod:
    Did you sing in the Elvish? :p:

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=jonnyofengland]

No, I only have the normal version. And that's hefty enough! I haven't ever read the books though.

[QUOTE]

I doubt you'd notice what you get extra unless you watched them at the same time tbh

The books are very good, but if you're not a reader normally then you probably wouldn't like them - you have to stick with them since they take aaages to get going :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    Did you sing in the Elvish? :p:
    Oh yes, often to the tune of Humpty Dumpty :yep:

ReputationRep:
    My shopping ordeal is over.
    I was not impressed with being forced to buy clothes :p:

I drew the line at skinny ties I refuse to wear them

ReputationRep:

Oh yes, often to the tune of Humpty Dumpty :yep:
    don't know the tune of Humpty, though I know the rhyme, vaguely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OriginofSymmetry)
    Not too bad at all. Finally getting some money saved and all my finances and uni accommodation sorted. Going on holiday soon too, thank god.

Yourself?
    Sounds groovy. Where abouts you going?

I'm not too bad either thanks. Trying to keep busy so that I don't obsess too much over results day, and generally having a pretty good and relaxing time. I love the summer holidays - no other time would I get away with spending a day doing nothing but watching Lost. :awesome:

The books are very good, but if you're not a reader normally then you probably wouldn't like them - you have to stick with them since they take aaages to get going :sadnod:
    I guess I'd be classed as a casual reader - I read a few books but nothing hardcore, like anything by a mad russian or people who made up words.

Plus my favourite book was written only a couple of years ago, not hundreds.

ReputationRep:
    evening all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidewalkwhenshewalks)
    evening all
    evening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    evening.
    Anything interesting happen while i was away? TSR wise, not just your lives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidewalkwhenshewalks)
    Anything interesting happen while i was away? TSR wise, not just your lives.
    TSR wise not alot same old is 1222134A* good enough?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    TSR wise not alot same old is 1222134A* good enough?
    oh good. well add that do death and taxes then
    anyone know why bubbles de milo got banned
    she was fun

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.