Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Lavishing ones agency office staff with doughnuts is the way forwards. I spent today drinking tea and playing cards for ten pounds an hour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyferret)
    Wow. Just wow. :headfire: :zomg:

Even for me that's spectacular :p:
    I'm mortified. lol :o:

ReputationRep:
    poor AVAM

get better :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by terpineol)
    Lavishing ones agency office staff with doughnuts is the way forwards. I spent today drinking tea and playing cards for ten pounds an hour.
    :rofl: how did that work.

And to think I am here cleaning for ~£5.50 an hour :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    OMG, I have just completed swine flu test and they have reserved a course of antiviral drugs for me! but I don't have anyone to collect it for me, what on earth should I do??

Apparently tamiflu (the side-effects) is worse than the actual flu, but that's only according to sky news. You'll be fine for now without the drugs, just wait until you can get someone with the time.

What test did you use? :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)

I was awoken this-morning by a phonecall asking if I could look after some sick kids at a local language school.

Three kids with sniffles, and nine till five to look after them. I have absolutely no idea why I was needed.

ReputationRep:

I was at mcdonald's at 8am, standing in the freezer (literally) getting hypothermia and lifting heavy boxes on my own in a basement that smells of damp and getting bad bruising on my arms from lifting so many boxes and operating a heavy lift for a mere £4.80 an hour. My manager is a weight lifter but noooo, he gets me to do all the heavy **** whilst he serves on the till. Then I go back up and get shouted at by customers :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Well I guess there's nothing left to do but wait to die.
    Flu friend/family member to pick it up?

:oink:
    (that's probably in poor taste :p:)

Get well soon!
    Train a pigeon :yes:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    Dig your own grave now whilst you can still walk :sadnod:
    Sweet and helpful as ever, guys :rolleyes:
    Lemon, your advise is probably most appropriate (and you are most sympathetic), I'll try to ask my neighbour and friend, however I doubt they will do it, nice as they are.

ReputationRep:
    I was awoken this-morning by a phonecall asking if I could look after some sick kids at a local language school.

Three kids with sniffles, and nine till five to look after them. I have absolutely no idea why I was needed.

ReputationRep:
    Lemon, your advise is probably most appropriate, I'll try to ask my neighbour and friend, however I doubt they will do it, nice as they are.
    Yeh people seem to overreact with swineflu sufferers No family to get it for you? or even friends? Just get into bed and chill!

ReputationRep:
    Lemon, your advise is probably most appropriate, I'll try to ask my neighbour and friend, however I doubt they will do it, nice as they are.
    Worth trying to get them too!

I mean the get well soon!

:rofl: nice one there :p:

(Original post by Jessaay!)
    I was at mcdonald's at 8am, standing in the freezer (literally) getting hypothermia and lifting heavy boxes on my own in a basement that smells of damp and getting bad bruising on my arms from lifting so many boxes and operating a heavy lift for a mere £4.80 an hour. My manager is a weight lifter but noooo, he gets me to do all the heavy **** whilst he serves on the till. Then I go back up and get shouted at by customers :cry:
    :console:

You have it worse.
    Though for some reason I want to try a job at maccy Ds just too see what it is like.....

ReputationRep:
    Computer is full of viruses and locks up everytime anti-virus tries to remove them :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    Computer is full of viruses and locks up everytime anti-virus tries to remove them :mad2:
    You really should curb your searches on google for wally :p:

ReputationRep:

:console:

You have it worse.
    Though for some reason I want to try a job at maccy Ds just too see what it is like.....

I just felt sorry for myself :p: It's not ALL that bad, the first few weeks are terrible though until you learn not to die inside every time a customer makes a comment. Unless you just die inside completely after the first few weeks, either way.

And it's probably more work than most places, but also with terrible pay.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently tamiflu (the side-effects) is worse than the actual flu, but that's only according to sky news. You'll be fine for now without the drugs, just wait until you can get someone with the time.

What test did you use? :unsure:
    (Original post by HiBear)
    poor AVAM

get better :moon:
    Thanks, girls! I always thought girls were nicer than boys
    I have used an online test from NHS servise thingy, I doubt its the swine flu, but I waat to be on safe side.

ReputationRep:
    I have used an online test from NHS servise thingy, I doubt its the swine flu, but I waat to be on safe side.
    I see. It might be the swine flu, if it is, don't worry. Just stay in bed and drink orange juice. Orange juice is niiice.

ReputationRep:
    I think they secretly felt someone had to stay behind and watch the grand prix while the rest of the staff went on a trip to Bournemouth.

ReputationRep:
    Fine then, get well soon! :console:

Go lie on the sofa and watch Doctor Who :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Just found some photos of my rabbit :sad:

Excuse me while I go off and cry :cry:

ReputationRep:
    I see. It might be the swine flu, if it is, don't worry. Just stay in bed and drink orange juice. Orange juice is niiice.

You know that orange juice is only really helpful in preventing catching the flu?

At least I think I read that somewhere, act. its probably crap drink as much OJ as you want!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2009
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.