Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Worth trying to get them too!

I mean the get well soon!

Though for some reason I want to try a job at maccy Ds just too see what it is like.....
    Thanks a lot, I know you do!
    (Original post by fatal)
    Yeh people seem to overreact with swineflu sufferers No family to get it for you? or even friends? Just get into bed and chill!
    That's what I decided to do! I have three candidates for the job, but it depends on other factors

And Jess, I'm sorry for your Maccy D troubles! :console:
    I wanted to get a job there but now :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    Just found some photos of my rabbit :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyferret)
    :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    You know that orange juice is only really helpful in preventing catching the flu?

At least I think I read that somewhere, act. its probably crap drink as much OJ as you want!
    I have OJ's but no pure orange juice, and I'm in no position to go to a supermarket I think citrus fruits :teeth: would suffice- I have two oranges and two grapefruits :p:
    Fine then, get well soon! :console:

Go lie on the sofa and watch Doctor Who :yep:
    Thanks Lying on the sofa is pretty much what I did whole day :p:
    But doctor Who is not my entertainment of choice, although its not bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    I have OJ's but no pure orange juice, and I'm in no position to go to a supermarket I think citrus fruits :teeth: would suffice- I have two oranges and two grapefruits :p:

Thanks Lying on the sofa is pretty much what I did whole day :p:
    But doctor Who is not my entertainment of choice, although its not bad
    Doctor Who is the best tv program ever - one day you shall discover this :yes:

And please don't eat citrus fruits :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    You know that orange juice is only really helpful in preventing catching the flu?

At least I think I read that somewhere, act. its probably crap drink as much OJ as you want!
    I know, I didn't mean for the Vitamin C, it just tastes good, is cold, and is sugary :yes:

ReputationRep:

I had a slice of lemon earlier. Now you'll know why your friend is missing the top of his head, I'm sorry.

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Jessaay!)
    I know, I didn't mean for the Vitamin C, it just tastes good, is cold, and is sugary :yes:
    As Jessay says citrus juice is cold, sugary and has vitamin C, so its :yum: time Not that I fancy eating anything, thats the first sign of disease in me :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    I had a slice of lemon earlier. Now you'll know why your friend is missing the top of his head, I'm sorry.
    :cry:

He can't afford to lose that much off his height :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    As Jessay says citrus juice is cold, sugary and has vitamin C, so its :yum: time Not that I fancy eating anything, thats the first sign of disease in me :sad:
    I think I'm sinking into some kind of bored depression, I can't be bothered eating anything...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    I think I'm sinking into some kind of bored depression, I can't be bothered eating anything...
    Nah, the only time I lose appetite is when I'm sick.
    Cheer up! Everything is going to be OK!

ReputationRep:
    Nah, the only time I lose appetite is when I'm sick.
    Cheer up! Everything is going to be OK!
    It's not so much being really down, more bored of my lack of purpose lol. Cannot wait to get back to uni!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    It's not so much being really down, more bored of my lack of purpose lol. Cannot wait to get back to uni!
    I had a same problem- being bored, but now I have lots to do and I'm sick. My timing is great :rolleyes:
    The worst thing is that I have volunteer induction day on tuesday, and unless I recover by then I'm not going there, which means I'll never get enough work exp on time till October :cry: My application is bad as it is :rant: :mad2: :sad:

ReputationRep:
    It's weird seeing threads that describe exactly what you situation was last year. :s: Just found one that fitted me exactly, and I'd already been namechecked in it. :cool:

Sweet and helpful as ever, guys :rolleyes:
    Lemon, your advise is probably most appropriate (and you are most sympathetic), I'll try to ask my neighbour and friend, however I doubt they will do it, nice as they are.
    What did you expect us to say? Offer to come and pick it up for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    It's weird seeing threads that describe exactly what you situation was last year. :s: Just found one that fitted me exactly, and I'd already been namechecked in it. :cool:

No, a simple "get better" would be OK, although I would never expect it from you :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

Your posts are fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    No, a simple "get better" would be OK, although I would never expect it from you :rolleyes:
    Oh, so you just wanted sympathy and attention. If only you added a postscript at these times to let me know, I'd happily just post the prerequisite ":console:" and we could all just carry on with our lives.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, so you just wanted sympathy and attention. If only you added a postscript at these times to let me know, I'd happily just post the prerequisite ":console:" and we could all just carry on with our lives.
    Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?!

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing wrong with expecting attention& sympathy when we are sick, from our friends. But as I already stated I don't expect it from you, you clearly are not my friend and as such don't have to say anything, especially if you can't say anything nice or helpful. Besides, I don't see how my post stops you from "getting on with your life"

Before this escalates into another row, and you accuse me of being "spitefull", I kindly ask you to ignore my posts if they irritate you or get in your way. I don't need your prequisite ":console:", if thats what you thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?!
    No, he is like that with me sometimes, trains his wit on me- it used to rile me but I don't care now

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.