Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelly^2)
    The jonnyofengland thing. Has there been some misunderstandings in the past or are your actions a result of his (perfectly innocent) question?
    There has been a previous misunderstanding, I wouldn't normally be so angry at an innocent question :p: If you are interested , go back a few pages and then you can contribute your own opinion on the subject, sinse majority of people think I have overrreacted.
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    Yes, um, fair enough.
    If you're upset maybe you should try PM-ing them? - I only say that cos my regret at falling out with Lemon is that we didn't talk privately about it until the next day, which wasn't the right way to go about it :dontknow:

But it's none of my business, that's all i'm saying
    Its ok, I don't want to PM them. If they were joking/baiting me they had enough time to realise that I'm genuinely upset, if they were deliberately un-nice to me they are unlikely to feel any different. The difference between that situation and yours with Lemon is that you two were close friends to start with, whereas I don't really know jonnyofengland that much. I can accept friendly banter with mutual insults from people I'm already on very close terms wiht, but from almost starnger it is hurtful ( if they intended it to be that is.)

ReputationRep:
    In blood and in mind, but I was born in England and have never lived in Scotland Technically I suppose I am English but both sides of my family are from Scotland
    Ah, so do you qualify for free tuition in Scottish unis?? I think being brought up in Scotland wouldn't have been bad, I mean, free uni fees, unconditional offers... and an absolutely stunning area to live in, spesh if you like the great outdoors :p:

ReputationRep:
    The jonnyofengland thing. Has there been some misunderstandings in the past or are your actions a result of his (perfectly innocent) question?
    Just so you can hear both sides of the story, rather than just one, here's why I think Vincent isn't a fan of me:

She came on yesterday and asked a question about how she was supposed to pick up swine flu medication. As you might expect, she got rather a lot of sarcastic replies which she didn't want as she was mainly looking for sympathy. So when she complained about our sarcasm, I simply pointed how pathetic it was to come onto a forum and expect sympathy, and she flew off the handle.

Now, this isn't a unique incident. A week or so ago I said asking someone "May I ask you a question?" is completely stupid, as by doing so you have already asked them a question. She took this to be a personal attack, and once again flew off the handle.

And now, as you can see, even simple questions of mine are met with hysteria and hostility, so to be perfectly honest it's probably a good thing if she just ignores me. At the very least it will lower her blood pressure a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    Ah, so do you qualify for free tuition in Scottish unis?? I think being brought up in Scotland wouldn't have been bad, I mean, free uni fees, unconditional offers... and an absolutely stunning area to live in, spesh if you like the great outdoors :p:
    Unfortunately I don't, you have to have lived there for over 3 years and completed your further education there I think. I would have loved to be brought up in Scotland, I'd definitely like to live there. I'm going to re-apply to Aberdeen next year and I'm considering Edinburgh and Dundee. Edinburgh scares me though due to lack of interview!
    I reckon my parents will probably retire to Scotland, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    :hi:
    Hey there.

I think the decision is sound personally, unless I haven't got the full gist of it. I mean, everyone else in my year except one person giving it another shot at all and keeping your options open is always good.

Anywho, student finance does massively suck. If you do need to ring them, and especially if you're using a mobile phone, it might be cheaper to call 01412433929. 0845 for me costs like 30p a minute on my mobile :p:

They're a right pain in the arse... we haven't received this, we haven't got that... well, you never ******* asked for it, did you!? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ah, but also, bagpipes and annoying accents :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Just so you can hear both sides of the story, rather than just one, here's why I think Vincent isn't a fan of me:

She came on yesterday and asked a question about how she was supposed to pick up swine flu medication. As you might expect, she got rather a lot of sarcastic replies which she didn't want as she was mainly looking for sympathy. So when she complained about our sarcasm, I simply pointed how pathetic it was to come onto a forum and expect sympathy, and she flew off the handle.

Now, this isn't a unique incident. A week or so ago I said asking someone "May I ask you a question?" is completely stupid, as by doing so you have already asked them a question. She took this to be a personal attack, and once again flew off the handle.

And now, as you can see, even simple questions of mine are met with hysteria and hostility, so to be perfectly honest it's probably a good thing if she just ignores me. At the very least it will lower her blood pressure a bit.
    Oh I see.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately I don't, you have to have lived there for over 3 years and completed your further education there I think. I would have loved to be brought up in Scotland, I'd definitely like to live there. I'm going to re-apply to Aberdeen next year and I'm considering Edinburgh and Dundee. Edinburgh scares me though due to lack of interview!
    I reckon my parents will probably retire to Scotland, too.
    I want to apply to at least one Scottish uni, but not for financial reasons.

ReputationRep:
    Its ok, I don't want to PM them. If they were joking/baiting me they had enough time to realise that I'm genuinely upset, if they were deliberately un-nice to me they are unlikely to feel any different. The difference between that situation and yours with Lemon is that you two were close friends to start with, whereas I don't really know jonnyofengland that much. I can accept friendly banter with mutual insults from people I'm already on very close terms wiht, but from almost starnger it is hurtful ( if they intended it to be that is.)
    What exactly did I say that was an insult?

Oh right, you won't respond to this because you're ignoring me. It must be wonderful to be able to say things without having to justify them.

ReputationRep:
    :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I want to apply to at least one Scottish uni, but not for financial reasons.
    I don't want to apply for financial reasons either. What financial reasons are there?

ReputationRep:
    Hey there.

I think the decision is sound personally, unless I haven't got the full gist of it. I mean, everyone else in my year except one person giving it another shot at all and keeping your options open is always good.

Anywho, student finance does massively suck. If you do need to ring them, and especially if you're using a mobile phone, it might be cheaper to call 01412433929. 0845 for me costs like 30p a minute on my mobile :p:

They're a right pain in the arse... we haven't received this, we haven't got that... well, you never ******* asked for it, did you!? :p:
    Same here, but even more annoyingly they said I havent requested a loan- if i havent ££$$%% requested a loan why bother to write to me?

ReputationRep:
    I quite like both actually. I have a friend up in Scotland who can play the pipes :p:

Now... Wales on the otherhand... Is there anything else there but sheep??

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to apply for financial reasons either. What financial reasons are there?
    Lower tuition fees? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Same here, but even more annoyingly they said I havent requested a loan- if i havent ££$$%% requested a loan why bother to write to me?
    Now that's just stupid... why would anyone sign up to student finance if not to request a ******* loan. Student finance needs a major overhaul, and fast.

ReputationRep:
    I seriously considered financial reasons when considering Imperial vs Southampton... Ahhh, London... bloody expensive.

ReputationRep:
    I quite like both actually. I have a friend up in Scotland who can play the pipes :p:

Now... Wales on the otherhand... Is there anything else there but sheep??
    Really? :eek:
    You are obviously completely insane :sadnod:
    In fairness, I quite like Scottish mens' accents, but when it comes to the women - my god it's like a sledgehammer being hit repeatedly against your head :mad2:

Disclaimer: these comments were said in jest, and may or may not reflect normalothercitrusfruit's views

ReputationRep:
    Now that's just stupid... why would anyone sign up to student finance if not to request a ******* loan. Student finance needs a major overhaul, and fast.
    Exactly. Now I have to phone them again :mad2:
    Nowadays, that smilie is becoming my favourite- :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    Right, i'm off to try my red and white scooter

:ciao:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.