ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    Oh hai guys :hi: not having the internet is so boring! Any gossip? :p:
    I thought you were without internet for quite a while :confused:

Hi though

ReputationRep:
    Hi :hi: How's the move going? We're sorting out old loft stuff and I'm trying to blitz my room, that's stressful enough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Challenge time? :unsure: Is that like a quiz on the life and times of MC Hammer?
    i did think of that after i posted but couldn't be bothered changing
    only university challenge but i missed the whole thing due to cleaning up the kitchen. blah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OriginofSymmetry)
    Do you get the feeling we're being ignored?
    It's feels like I'm on the outside of a window at Christmas looking in, and everyone is in there having fun and having wondrous chats about such heady topics as student finance and the taste of mushrooms, and I want to join in, but they don't look at the window, and it grows too dark and cold for me to stay there, so I retire to the bus shelter to huddle up with the stray dogs. :sad:

My childhood is a constant source of analogies. :cool:

Please tell me you saw Hamilton turn good again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusx)
    only university challenge but i missed the whole thing due to cleaning up the kitchen. blah.
    Oh right. My quiz idea would have been so much more fun. :beard:

Although in fairness I've only ever watched University challenge once - I saw a clip of Gail Trimble destroying Manchester singlehandedly in the final last year. :awesome: Does every college from Oxford and Cambridge have a team in it?

ReputationRep:
    The move went alright, very frantic. Got up at 7 and we. Finished moving at 8. Still no internet though, I'm on a mobile at the moment *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    Did you watch "Starters for ten" ? It was about university challenge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    They don't taste foul. Maybe you can't cook them the way I and my mumsie do I started liking them on pizza toppings and now I love them.
    What foods do you like, on the other note?
    I like cottage pie, beef stew, roast pork, steak (i've recently been converted to having it medium-rare), any curry - I like pretty much anything as long as cheese and mushrooms aren't involved :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hell yeah jonny I saw it. Twas awesome anyway must be off, later

ReputationRep:
    The move went alright, very frantic. Got up at 7 and we. Finished moving at 8. Still no internet though, I'm on a mobile at the moment *sigh*
    :wavey:

Glad the move went ok!
    Hope you're well. I've never tried tsr on my mobile, i'm betting that the mobile would just explode tbh :p:

ReputationRep:
    It's feels like I'm on the outside of a window at Christmas looking in, and everyone is in there having fun and having wondrous chats about such heady topics as student finance and the taste of mushrooms, and I want to join in, but they don't look at the window, and it grows too dark and cold for me to stay there, so I retire to the bus shelter to huddle up with the stray dogs. :sad:

My childhood is a constant source of analogies. :cool:
    In all honesty, the dogs are more comforting.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right. My quiz idea would have been so much more fun. :beard:

Although in fairness I've only ever watched University challenge once - I saw a clip of Gail Trimble destroying Manchester singlehandedly in the final last year. :awesome: Does every college from Oxford and Cambridge have a team in it?
    hmm...you pitch it to the BBC, and i'll come along and cheer from the sidelines. the woman is a walking encyclopaedia. but she does do a very annoying hair flick that was extremely grating when i was watching it.
    i think that Oxford and Cambridge each have a limit of 5 colleges. i love how now, paxman announces the average age of the contestants-just to make sure we know there's no more ****-ups.
    i see that you feel left out-you want to have a conversation about mushrooms?
    @AVAM: of course i've seen it i flipping love james mcavoy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    I like cottage pie, beef stew, roast pork, steak (i've recently been converted to having it medium-rare), any curry - I like pretty much anything as long as cheese and mushrooms aren't involved :p:
    I love steaks, dont eat pork(normally), don't like curry, but cottage pie is ok, and beef stew I have eaten too much of in the past few months, courtesy of my dad. I like meat, but can live without it. dairy on the other hand I love- milk,cheese, youghurt, etc :p: What I can't stand is coconuts- especially dessicated, its like eating soap-flavoured sawdust

ReputationRep:
    I love him too :love: and mushrooms are great, regardless of what citrus says :p:
    that movie was great, wasnt it? :yes:

ReputationRep:
    hmm...you pitch it to the BBC, and i'll come along and cheer from the sidelines. the woman is a walking encyclopaedia. but she does do a very annoying hair flick that was extremely grating when i was watching it.
    i think that Oxford and Cambridge each have a limit of 5 colleges. i love how now, paxman announces the average age of the contestants-just to make sure we know there's no more ****-ups.
    I reckon I could sell it to ITV, they'd make any programme. I once thought up celebrity crazy golf (it was an elaborate thought - they went to a different seaside town every week and faced off) and I just know ITV would have bought that idea from me had I just invested in some flipcharts and talked about demographics. But I was too lazy. :sad:

Trimble was a beast, I reckon she works for that text answer system. I heard she doesn't need a computer for any of the questions. :teeth:

Do you know which colleges there are, by any chance? If the one I got an offer for is one of them I may tune in, just to see what my future self could end up looking like. :p:

(Original post by OriginofSymmetry)
    In all honesty, the dogs are more comforting.
    In the analogy you were one of the stray dogs. You see, I thought it out rather than just spout meaningless tripe :p:

Hell yeah jonny I saw it. Twas awesome anyway must be off, later
    Indeed. It made it even better when Button started whining about his car way back in seventh. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I love him too :love: and mushrooms are great, regardless of what citrus says :p:
    that movie was great, wasnt it? :yes:
    i hate mushrooms, so i'll have to agree with citrus on this one.
    it was alright, i suppose. but you can't beat him in atonement; i'm really gutted i couldn't go and watch him in the play three days of rain.

ReputationRep:
    I love steaks, dont eat pork(normally), don't like curry, but cottage pie is ok, and beef stew I have eaten too much of in the past few months, courtesy of my dad. I like meat, but can live without it. dairy on the other hand I love- milk,cheese, youghurt, etc :p: What I can't stand is coconuts- especially dessicated, its like eating soap-flavoured sawdust
    I could live without dairy stuff tbh, I've never liked coconuts either though

ReputationRep:
    i hate mushrooms, so i'll have to agree with citrus on this one.
    Someone is on my side :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I reckon I could sell it to ITV, they'd make any programme. I once thought up celebrity crazy golf (it was an elaborate thought - they went to a different seaside town every week and faced off) and I just know ITV would have bought that idea from me had I just invested in some flipcharts and talked about demographics. But I was too lazy. :sad:
    At the very least they'd show it on ITV 2 or 3 or 4 :p:

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.