ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    Oh hai guys :hi: not having the internet is so boring! Any gossip? :p:
    I thought you were without internet for quite a while :confused:

Hi though

ReputationRep:
    Hi :hi: How's the move going? We're sorting out old loft stuff and I'm trying to blitz my room, that's stressful enough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Challenge time? :unsure: Is that like a quiz on the life and times of MC Hammer?
    i did think of that after i posted but couldn't be bothered changing
    only university challenge but i missed the whole thing due to cleaning up the kitchen. blah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OriginofSymmetry)
    Do you get the feeling we're being ignored?
    It's feels like I'm on the outside of a window at Christmas looking in, and everyone is in there having fun and having wondrous chats about such heady topics as student finance and the taste of mushrooms, and I want to join in, but they don't look at the window, and it grows too dark and cold for me to stay there, so I retire to the bus shelter to huddle up with the stray dogs. :sad:

My childhood is a constant source of analogies. :cool:

Please tell me you saw Hamilton turn good again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusx)
    only university challenge but i missed the whole thing due to cleaning up the kitchen. blah.
    Oh right. My quiz idea would have been so much more fun. :beard:

Although in fairness I've only ever watched University challenge once - I saw a clip of Gail Trimble destroying Manchester singlehandedly in the final last year. :awesome: Does every college from Oxford and Cambridge have a team in it?

ReputationRep:
    The move went alright, very frantic. Got up at 7 and we. Finished moving at 8. Still no internet though, I'm on a mobile at the moment *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    Did you watch "Starters for ten" ? It was about university challenge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    They don't taste foul. Maybe you can't cook them the way I and my mumsie do I started liking them on pizza toppings and now I love them.
    What foods do you like, on the other note?
    I like cottage pie, beef stew, roast pork, steak (i've recently been converted to having it medium-rare), any curry - I like pretty much anything as long as cheese and mushrooms aren't involved :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hell yeah jonny I saw it. Twas awesome anyway must be off, later

ReputationRep:
    The move went alright, very frantic. Got up at 7 and we. Finished moving at 8. Still no internet though, I'm on a mobile at the moment *sigh*
    :wavey:

Glad the move went ok!
    Hope you're well. I've never tried tsr on my mobile, i'm betting that the mobile would just explode tbh :p:

ReputationRep:
    It's feels like I'm on the outside of a window at Christmas looking in, and everyone is in there having fun and having wondrous chats about such heady topics as student finance and the taste of mushrooms, and I want to join in, but they don't look at the window, and it grows too dark and cold for me to stay there, so I retire to the bus shelter to huddle up with the stray dogs. :sad:

My childhood is a constant source of analogies. :cool:
    In all honesty, the dogs are more comforting.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right. My quiz idea would have been so much more fun. :beard:

Although in fairness I've only ever watched University challenge once - I saw a clip of Gail Trimble destroying Manchester singlehandedly in the final last year. :awesome: Does every college from Oxford and Cambridge have a team in it?
    hmm...you pitch it to the BBC, and i'll come along and cheer from the sidelines. the woman is a walking encyclopaedia. but she does do a very annoying hair flick that was extremely grating when i was watching it.
    i think that Oxford and Cambridge each have a limit of 5 colleges. i love how now, paxman announces the average age of the contestants-just to make sure we know there's no more ****-ups.
    i see that you feel left out-you want to have a conversation about mushrooms?
    @AVAM: of course i've seen it i flipping love james mcavoy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    I like cottage pie, beef stew, roast pork, steak (i've recently been converted to having it medium-rare), any curry - I like pretty much anything as long as cheese and mushrooms aren't involved :p:
    I love steaks, dont eat pork(normally), don't like curry, but cottage pie is ok, and beef stew I have eaten too much of in the past few months, courtesy of my dad. I like meat, but can live without it. dairy on the other hand I love- milk,cheese, youghurt, etc :p: What I can't stand is coconuts- especially dessicated, its like eating soap-flavoured sawdust

ReputationRep:
    I love him too :love: and mushrooms are great, regardless of what citrus says :p:
    that movie was great, wasnt it? :yes:

ReputationRep:
    hmm...you pitch it to the BBC, and i'll come along and cheer from the sidelines. the woman is a walking encyclopaedia. but she does do a very annoying hair flick that was extremely grating when i was watching it.
    i think that Oxford and Cambridge each have a limit of 5 colleges. i love how now, paxman announces the average age of the contestants-just to make sure we know there's no more ****-ups.
    I reckon I could sell it to ITV, they'd make any programme. I once thought up celebrity crazy golf (it was an elaborate thought - they went to a different seaside town every week and faced off) and I just know ITV would have bought that idea from me had I just invested in some flipcharts and talked about demographics. But I was too lazy. :sad:

Trimble was a beast, I reckon she works for that text answer system. I heard she doesn't need a computer for any of the questions. :teeth:

Do you know which colleges there are, by any chance? If the one I got an offer for is one of them I may tune in, just to see what my future self could end up looking like. :p:

(Original post by OriginofSymmetry)
    In all honesty, the dogs are more comforting.
    In the analogy you were one of the stray dogs. You see, I thought it out rather than just spout meaningless tripe :p:

Hell yeah jonny I saw it. Twas awesome anyway must be off, later
    Indeed. It made it even better when Button started whining about his car way back in seventh. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I love him too :love: and mushrooms are great, regardless of what citrus says :p:
    that movie was great, wasnt it? :yes:
    i hate mushrooms, so i'll have to agree with citrus on this one.
    it was alright, i suppose. but you can't beat him in atonement; i'm really gutted i couldn't go and watch him in the play three days of rain.

ReputationRep:
    I love steaks, dont eat pork(normally), don't like curry, but cottage pie is ok, and beef stew I have eaten too much of in the past few months, courtesy of my dad. I like meat, but can live without it. dairy on the other hand I love- milk,cheese, youghurt, etc :p: What I can't stand is coconuts- especially dessicated, its like eating soap-flavoured sawdust
    I could live without dairy stuff tbh, I've never liked coconuts either though

ReputationRep:
    i hate mushrooms, so i'll have to agree with citrus on this one.
    Someone is on my side :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I reckon I could sell it to ITV, they'd make any programme. I once thought up celebrity crazy golf (it was an elaborate thought - they went to a different seaside town every week and faced off) and I just know ITV would have bought that idea from me had I just invested in some flipcharts and talked about demographics. But I was too lazy. :sad:
    At the very least they'd show it on ITV 2 or 3 or 4 :p:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.