Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    Universal harmony is restored :yep:
    :yep:
    Where is everyone else? :tumble: Have I scared everyone off by my spamming? You are the only person here, and I start feeling that I'm boring you :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    :yep:
    Where is everyone else? :tumble: Have I scared everyone off by my spamming? You are the only person here, and I start feeling that I'm boring you :o:
    I really don't know :dontknow:

And you're not boring me at all :nah:
    I'm just tired so can't think of much to say tbh :p:

ReputationRep:
    I really don't know :dontknow:

And you're not boring me at all :nah:
    I'm just tired so can't think of much to say tbh :p:
    Oh, its okay then! I'm tired too, so its goodnight from me, I need to get up early, and thanks for keeping me company :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    Oh, its okay then! I'm tired too, so its goodnight from me, I need to get up early, and thanks for keeping me company :wavey:
    No worries, night! :moon:

ReputationRep:
    No worries, night! :moon:
    Night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Evening peepholes. How's it hangin'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    Evening peepholes. How's it hangin'?
    To the floor fo' sure.

Yourself? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Went for a run today. I felt so sick afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Went for a run today. I felt so sick afterwards.
    the past two days i have vowed to go for a run. naturally instead i have merely wasted time on the internet and carrying out the ridiculous list of chores my mother leaves me to do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munro90)
    the past two days i have vowed to go for a run. naturally instead i have merely wasted time on the internet and carrying out the ridiculous list of chores my mother leaves me to do!
    I haven't been running for a fair few months, and I think I may have been too quick today. I thinking I was running about a 6 minute mile for three miles, which while it used to be easy for me now feels like my heart has given up.

And my chores are always done in the afternoon, allows me to procrastinate all morning. :p: Today - Mowing the lawn and cleaning the car.

ReputationRep:
    Why, hello everyone. :hi:

Watched Blood Diamond again on DVD last night. Scared of teh black men nows. :sad:

Spoiler:
    Show
    x

Trés intrigued for the legendary J.O.E. critique. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Blood Diamond is an awesome film, I love it. It has both a blockbuster feel and a serious message, and neither gets compromised for the other. I genuinely felt really moved at the end (it has an awesome finale), and it's one of my all-time favourite films, even though DiCaprio has one of the worst South African accents ever. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Blood Diamond is an awesome film, I love it. It has both a blockbuster feel and a serious message, and neither gets compromised for the other. I genuinely felt really moved at the end (it has an awesome finale), and it's one of my all-time favourite films, even though DiCaprio has one of the worst South African accents ever. :p:
    Exactly this - almost painfully awesome, I'd say. :yes: I actually thought Djimon Hounsou was the strongest actor of the lot too, really polished :yep:

Though :hmmm: at this wiki critique: 'However, Kyle Smith gave it one-and-a-half stars, calling it "Lefty Voodoo" and "preachy message movie stapled to an action flick".'

The 'preachy message' only strengthened the 'action flick' for me + vice versa

Haha, I loved how every sentence he uttered ended with a 'yeh' :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADREAM)
    Exactly this - almost painfully awesome, I'd say. :yes: I actually thought Djimon Hounsou was the strongest actor of the lot too, really polished :yep:

Though :hmmm: at this wiki critique: 'However, Kyle Smith gave it one-and-a-half stars, calling it "Lefty Voodoo" and "preachy message movie stapled to an action flick".'

The 'preachy message' only strengthened the 'action flick' for me + vice versa

Haha, I loved how every sentence he uttered ended with a 'yeh' :p:
    It was hardly stapled on to it. The story clearly came from the diamond trade and evolved from there, it wasn't just added as a last resort. Plus it was hardly an action flick, in the same way that the Dark Knight wasn't an action flick. They were dramas with some action sequences built in.

Tbh, that critic sounds pretty dreadful, either a bitter failed actor or just a wannabe who thinks the only way to get noticed as a critic is to be controversial. The only ones worth listening to are in Empire. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    It was hardly stapled on to it. The story clearly came from the diamond trade and evolved from there, it wasn't just added as a last resort. Plus it was hardly an action flick, in the same way that the Dark Knight wasn't an action flick. They were dramas with some action sequences built in.

Tbh, that critic sounds pretty dreadful, either a bitter failed actor or just a wannabe who thinks the only way to get noticed as a critic is to be controversial. The only ones worth listening to are in Empire. :awesome:
    Good lord, you remind me of moi in my early-TSR days. :p:

An interesting mix here. :yes: (:hat2: to ferret)

And you really should be anointed with 'Official TSR Movie Critic' below your username. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Good lord, you remind me of moi in my early-TSR days. :p:

An interesting mix here. :yes: (:hat2: to ferret)

And you really should be anointed with 'Official TSR Movie Critic' below your username. :yep:
    So you used to talk sense back in the day? :p:

And nah, I'm sure there's far better people on here at reviewing than me, I just enjoy talking about films.

ReputationRep:
    urgh i had a bad day at work......
    just ************************** (insert many crude swear words here)

but got offer for birmingham updated on track today

ReputationRep:
    So you used to talk sense back in the day? :p:

And nah, I'm sure there's far better people on here at reviewing than me, I just enjoy talking about films.
    Modesty is never the best policy. :devil: Inflate that e-penis of yours! :yep:

On a side note, when exactly is the dreaded results day? I actually have no idea as to what I'll do if I don't get the AAA :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Modesty is never the best policy. :devil: Inflate that e-penis of yours! :yep:

On a side note, when exactly is the dreaded results day? I actually have no idea as to what I'll do if I don't get the AAA :sad:
    Maybe when I become a professional reviewer. :p:

And it's the 20th August.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiBear)
    urgh i had a bad day at work......
    just ************************** (insert many crude swear words here)

but got offer for birmingham updated on track today
    Why, hello HiBear :hi: :console:

Wha? Brummy? Medicine? ICL? Can't remember anything about your app :o:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.