Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADREAM)
    :hi:

Glory, glory to everyone!

:bhangra:
    what are you talking about, :littleangel:?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiBear)
    :yawn:

night y'all.
    Night!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    what are you talking about, :littleangel:?
    I don't actually know, I just feel annoyingly happy for some reason

:littleangel: :littleangel: :littleangel: :littleangel: :littleangel: :littleangel: :littleangel:

*breaks into a hearty ballad*

ReputationRep:

:littleangel: :littleangel: :littleangel: :littleangel: :littleangel: :littleangel: :littleangel:

That's good! I'm glad you returned

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    I apologise for laughing, but thinking that because you've paid taxes you're entitled to a very expensive scan, which you have no idea whether it will help because of no prior understanding of the technique is very immature.

You can try and get a second opinion, but in the end if her doctor thought that it was neccessary, it would have been ordered.

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought NHS was a publically- funded health care, which doesn’t take into account who you are or whether your working at the moment or not. It applies to the whole population as it is under democratic accountability.

And if someone has a persistent headache which affects parts of the face too, then going to the doctor and asking for help is the first thing you would do. I don’t see how that is immature?? Perhaps we don’t know much about the whole technique and the scan but we were advised to ask for it by a friend who is a nurse . Don’t get me wrong, I respect the fact that the Doctor felt it was unnecessary, but what aggravates me is that she mentioned the tax thing, I think that’s rather rude. But anyway hopefully she'll not need it.

ReputationRep:

I remember you now. You were going to "kill yourself" if you didn't get your A levels, weren't you?

Oh wait, I'm blocked.

ReputationRep:
    I think you should always listen to friends' advice compared to a qualified doctor.

ReputationRep:

How've you been?

:party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summer24)
    Correct me if I am wrong but I thought NHS was a publically- funded health care, which doesn’t take into account who you are or whether your working at the moment or not. It applies to the whole population as it is under democratic accountability.

And if someone has a persistent headache which affects parts of the face too, then going to the doctor and asking for help is the first thing you would do. I don’t see how that is immature?? Perhaps we don’t know much about the whole technique and the scan but we were advised to ask for it by a friend who is a nurse . Don’t get me wrong, I respect the fact that the Doctor felt it was unnecessary, but what aggravates me is that she mentioned the tax thing, I think that’s rather rude. But anyway hopefully she'll not need it.
    What's this *****ing?

And who are you? :hmmm:

ReputationRep:

:rofl: I love your sig

ReputationRep:

Allow me to explain the conundrum. Everyone (well, the vast majority) contributes something to the NHS. That amount is generally a lot less than any one procedure would be, but it's compensated by the fact that most people won't need to have any procedures.

Therefore, for somebody to come in and ask for a scan that a doctor believes is neither necessary or relevant, and has only been asked for because a friend said they should, is a complete and utter waste of resources. The doctor was quite right to say they wouldn't be able to afford, because they don't sanction wasting money on a whim. It's akin to me having chest pains, and then going to my doctor's and demanding an MRI. There's no sense to it.

A type of medical care that fritters away money based on hunches and hypochondria is called private.

ReputationRep:
    What's this *****ing?

And who are you? :hmmm:
    I am not "*****ing" I apologise if thats how it came across, that was not my intention.
    and I am summer :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex D)
    :rofl: I love your sig
    I shall be hunting the interwebs for better, I assure you :yes: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OriginofSymmetry)
    I remember you now. You were going to "kill yourself" if you didn't get your A levels, weren't you?

Oh wait, I'm blocked.
    :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Allow me to explain the conundrum. Everyone (well, the vast majority) contributes something to the NHS. That amount is generally a lot less than any one procedure would be, but it's compensated by the fact that most people won't need to have any procedures.

Therefore, for somebody to come in and ask for a scan that a doctor believes is neither necessary or relevant, and has only been asked for because a friend said they should, is a complete and utter waste of resources. The doctor was quite right to say they wouldn't be able to afford, because they don't sanction wasting money on a whim. It's akin to me having chest pains, and then going to my doctor's and demanding an MRI. There's no sense to it.

A type of medical care that fritters away money based on hunches and hypochondria is called private.

I’ve not come here to argue.

as I have said before the symptoms where unusual and she was worried there no crime in asking. As I said before I respect doctors decision, but I think she was slightly rude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OriginofSymmetry)

Oh wait, I'm blocked.
    I'm officially confused.

ReputationRep:
    I’ve not come here to argue.

as I have said before the symptoms where unusual and she was worried there no crime in asking. As I said before I respect doctors decision, but I think she was slightly rude.
    Yep, there's no crime in asking whatsoever. However, with that you must accept that on occasion you will be refused, and you should just accept this decision from someone more qualified, rather than go and whine about it on the internet.

ReputationRep:
    I am not "*****ing" I apologise if thats how it came across, that was not my intention.
    and I am summer :rolleyes:
    No need to get all hissy, missus. :no:

Still, hello. :hi:

ReputationRep:

How've you been?

:party:
    I have been just fine, thanks. Yourself?
    P.S Please be nice to Summer , she is my friend She is just worried about her mum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    :giggle:

Yeah, I remembered where I had encountered her before...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.