Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Why can't it just be nice and sunny for one day...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OriginofSymmetry)
    It's interchangeable. My normal accent isn't as rough as that but I change it when talking to different people without noticing...

I used the word "heeders" the other day before I realised what I was saying :sad:
    What on earth is a heeder?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    What on earth is a heeder?

A header :sad:

ReputationRep:
    A header :sad:
    Oh :console:
    It's ok, you can't help your roots. You should embrace them. Though being scottish isn't much of a thing to embrace :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    Why can't it just be nice and sunny for one day...
    :hi: Its nice and sunny for me :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    :hi: Its nice and sunny for me :yes:
    Well, down here it's been raining every day for the past week or so... and I really want to go to London.

ReputationRep:
    Well, down here it's been raining every day for the past week or so... and I really want to go to London.
    Its raining here too, but I had a call from Selly Oak volunteering and I'm soo happy that in my world everything is sunny and flowery and shiny. But throwing rubbish out sucks when its raining.

:console: hope the sun will shine in reality as well as my imagination , and you will be able to go London (Is that for accomodation reasons?)

ReputationRep:
    Its raining here too, but I had a call from Selly Oak volunteering and I'm soo happy that in my world everything is sunny and flowery and shiny. But throwing rubbish out sucks when its raining.

:console: hope the sun will shine in reality as well as my imagination , and you will be able to go London (Is that for accomodation reasons?)
    What's Selly Oak volunteering?

Nah, I need to sort out a visa for a friend, complain to the bloody French embassy... go shopping and of course, the British Museum I want to see the medals exhibit and have a proper look around some other bits I didn't have time to see last time :p:

ReputationRep:
    sunny here tooooooooooooo

i hope it doesnt rain tomorrow

we;re meant to be barbequeing

ReputationRep:
    selly oak is a place in brum. close to uni of brum

iirc. haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiBear)
    selly oak is a place in brum. close to uni of brum

iirc. haha
    Its an area :yep:

What's Selly Oak volunteering?

Nah, I need to sort out a visa for a friend, complain to the bloody French embassy... go shopping and of course, the British Museum I want to see the medals exhibit and have a proper look around some other bits I didn't have time to see last time :p:
    Selly Oak is a big hospital thats attached to Brum Medschool, not that I care. They have nice facilities, good doctors (fixed my mum's hand beautifully) and they are far more efficient than Heartlands (another hospital I have applied to):p:

ReputationRep:
    Selly Oak is a big hospital thats attached to Brum Medschool, not that I care. They have nice facilities, good doctors (fixed my mum's hand beautifully) and they are far more efficient than Heartlands (another hospital I have applied to):p:
    Ah, I've heard of heartlands before (for all the wrong reasons :p:). So, what kind of volunteering will you be doing?

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I've heard of heartlands before (for all the wrong reasons :p:). So, what kind of volunteering will you be doing?
    Meeting and greeting :yes: I think it will be nice to do something else, but for a while I shall try my hand at that
    Can you believe it, I have applied to Heartlands exactly a year ago:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Meeting and greeting :yes: I think it will be nice to do something else, but for a while I shall try my hand at that
    Can you believe it, I have applied to Heartlands exactly a year ago:rolleyes:
    Meet and greet is good stuff I wouldn't change that if I were you, it's probably more interesting than stuff like feeding patients or working in pharmacy :p:

ReputationRep:
    Meet and greet is good stuff I wouldn't change that if I were you, it's probably more interesting than stuff like feeding patients or working in pharmacy :p:
    My mum did feeding at Heartlands and she says its OK, but in Selly Oak you are not allowed to feed them- its nurse's job apparently. But I think you are right, meeting and greeting is good. Plus, my dream is to find a nice, symapthetic doctor who would let me shadow him/her :moon: I actually did thta for a day, back in Kazakhstan- the doctor even let me measure a kid's weight on the scales :p:

ReputationRep:
    Though being scottish isn't much of a thing to embrace :no:

:mad:

Any why is that?

ReputationRep:

Any why is that?
    I don't know, I'm English, we don't know what we're talking about.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, I'm English, we don't know what we're talking about.

Good answer :p:

ReputationRep:

Any why is that?
    Because you've given the world bugger all since Braveheart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Because you've given the world bugger all since Braveheart.

We did give a nice lapdog to George Bush. :proud:

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.