Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Why can't it just be nice and sunny for one day...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OriginofSymmetry)
    It's interchangeable. My normal accent isn't as rough as that but I change it when talking to different people without noticing...

I used the word "heeders" the other day before I realised what I was saying :sad:
    What on earth is a heeder?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    What on earth is a heeder?

A header :sad:

ReputationRep:
    A header :sad:
    Oh :console:
    It's ok, you can't help your roots. You should embrace them. Though being scottish isn't much of a thing to embrace :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    Why can't it just be nice and sunny for one day...
    :hi: Its nice and sunny for me :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    :hi: Its nice and sunny for me :yes:
    Well, down here it's been raining every day for the past week or so... and I really want to go to London.

ReputationRep:
    Well, down here it's been raining every day for the past week or so... and I really want to go to London.
    Its raining here too, but I had a call from Selly Oak volunteering and I'm soo happy that in my world everything is sunny and flowery and shiny. But throwing rubbish out sucks when its raining.

:console: hope the sun will shine in reality as well as my imagination , and you will be able to go London (Is that for accomodation reasons?)

ReputationRep:
    Its raining here too, but I had a call from Selly Oak volunteering and I'm soo happy that in my world everything is sunny and flowery and shiny. But throwing rubbish out sucks when its raining.

:console: hope the sun will shine in reality as well as my imagination , and you will be able to go London (Is that for accomodation reasons?)
    What's Selly Oak volunteering?

Nah, I need to sort out a visa for a friend, complain to the bloody French embassy... go shopping and of course, the British Museum I want to see the medals exhibit and have a proper look around some other bits I didn't have time to see last time :p:

ReputationRep:
    sunny here tooooooooooooo

i hope it doesnt rain tomorrow

we;re meant to be barbequeing

ReputationRep:
    selly oak is a place in brum. close to uni of brum

iirc. haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiBear)
    selly oak is a place in brum. close to uni of brum

iirc. haha
    Its an area :yep:

What's Selly Oak volunteering?

Nah, I need to sort out a visa for a friend, complain to the bloody French embassy... go shopping and of course, the British Museum I want to see the medals exhibit and have a proper look around some other bits I didn't have time to see last time :p:
    Selly Oak is a big hospital thats attached to Brum Medschool, not that I care. They have nice facilities, good doctors (fixed my mum's hand beautifully) and they are far more efficient than Heartlands (another hospital I have applied to):p:

ReputationRep:
    Selly Oak is a big hospital thats attached to Brum Medschool, not that I care. They have nice facilities, good doctors (fixed my mum's hand beautifully) and they are far more efficient than Heartlands (another hospital I have applied to):p:
    Ah, I've heard of heartlands before (for all the wrong reasons :p:). So, what kind of volunteering will you be doing?

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I've heard of heartlands before (for all the wrong reasons :p:). So, what kind of volunteering will you be doing?
    Meeting and greeting :yes: I think it will be nice to do something else, but for a while I shall try my hand at that
    Can you believe it, I have applied to Heartlands exactly a year ago:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Meeting and greeting :yes: I think it will be nice to do something else, but for a while I shall try my hand at that
    Can you believe it, I have applied to Heartlands exactly a year ago:rolleyes:
    Meet and greet is good stuff I wouldn't change that if I were you, it's probably more interesting than stuff like feeding patients or working in pharmacy :p:

ReputationRep:
    Meet and greet is good stuff I wouldn't change that if I were you, it's probably more interesting than stuff like feeding patients or working in pharmacy :p:
    My mum did feeding at Heartlands and she says its OK, but in Selly Oak you are not allowed to feed them- its nurse's job apparently. But I think you are right, meeting and greeting is good. Plus, my dream is to find a nice, symapthetic doctor who would let me shadow him/her :moon: I actually did thta for a day, back in Kazakhstan- the doctor even let me measure a kid's weight on the scales :p:

ReputationRep:
    Though being scottish isn't much of a thing to embrace :no:

:mad:

Any why is that?

ReputationRep:

Any why is that?
    I don't know, I'm English, we don't know what we're talking about.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, I'm English, we don't know what we're talking about.

Good answer :p:

ReputationRep:

Any why is that?
    Because you've given the world bugger all since Braveheart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Because you've given the world bugger all since Braveheart.

We did give a nice lapdog to George Bush. :proud:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.