Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    Yeah I suppose, he's the only older guy I quite like.
    Well, apart from Bruce Davison (ha! they share surnames)

Spoiler:
    Show

But i'd only go for them if I were their age! :yep:
    :yucky:

He's creepy looking.

ReputationRep:
    dare I ask what you've been doing? :rolleyes:
    Playing the saxophone - the vibration from the reed makes your lips swell and go very red. I haven't played in a while so it's worse than usual

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)

He's creepy looking.
    Oh dear, i'm not doing very well here!

(Original post by scaryhair)
    Playing the saxophone - the vibration from the reed makes your lips swell and go very red. I haven't played in a while so it's worse than usual
    I always fancied learning the saxaphone, one day I will :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    My physics teacher palyed saxophone. But not very well

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, i'm not doing very well here!

I always fancied learning the saxaphone, one day I will :yep:
    You should try it. I took up the violin again after stopping for 5 years and it was a good decision. :yes: The saxophone also looks top, but expensive and I don't think I could handle 2 instruments

ReputationRep:
    You should try it. I took up the violin again after stopping for 5 years and it was a good decision. :yes: The saxophone also looks top, but expensive and I don't think I could handle 2 instruments
    Hi, Jess, I have just applied for a job @ Maccy D's Do you work there as a crew member? Is it ok, or is it vile?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    Hi, Jess, I have just applied for a job @ Maccy D's Do you work there as a crew member? Is it ok, or is it vile?
    I do work there as a crew member indeed. I'll be honest, generally it's no fun but it does have its benefits. The pay is ok, you're usually only treated as a slave after a couple of years of service (hence the bruises on my arm after being whipped into moving boxes in the freezer at 7am on saturday :p:) and the people are usually ok too :yes: At first, it's horrific, but once you get used to the judgemental customers and the burns off hot oil you grow a thick skin, now I don't die inside every time a customer calls me stupid or starts shouting at the most menial thing :p: Also, it's a very good thing for the CV, so if you look for different part-time work in the future it's a good thing to have believe it or not because there's probably nowhere else you'll have to learn how to have such patience with customers. They're also pretty good with hours and shifts too. If you can only work on a saturday, usually they'll cater for it, if you want to swap shifts, you can just ask someone and ok it with the manager and no fuss is made so it's convenient to fit around other schedules too.

ReputationRep:

He's creepy looking.
    Says the one who looks evil on facebook :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    Says the one who looks evil on facebook :p:
    I look evil on here too now :teeth: it's a profile picture to scare off the demons :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I look evil on here too now :teeth: it's a profile picture to scare off the demons :woo:
    :eek3:

But demons are fun :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I do work there as a crew member indeed. I'll be honest, generally it's no fun but it does have its benefits. The pay is ok, you're usually only treated as a slave after a couple of years of service (hence the bruises on my arm after being whipped into moving boxes in the freezer at 7am on saturday :p:) and the people are usually ok too :yes: At first, it's horrific, but once you get used to the judgemental customers and the burns off hot oil you grow a thick skin, now I don't die inside every time a customer calls me stupid or starts shouting at the most menial thing :p: Also, it's a very good thing for the CV, so if you look for different part-time work in the future it's a good thing to have believe it or not because there's probably nowhere else you'll have to learn how to have such patience with customers. They're also pretty good with hours and shifts too. If you can only work on a saturday, usually they'll cater for it, if you want to swap shifts, you can just ask someone and ok it with the manager and no fuss is made so it's convenient to fit around other schedules too.
    WHat you told me about is horrific, but I guess this is adult life after all. I'm ok with oil burns, having cooked at home a lot, though verbal abuse would be awful. And its good for hours and shifts, because although I'm available almost full time till October, afterwads I would have to fit in the gaps of my timetable. And sorry about the bruises :console:
    Well, I have applied for part-time crew memeber position anyway. The good news is that the job is close to my home, and is inside the Birmingham Central library, my favourite haunt
    I have applied there to get some work experience, because now there is virtually nothing that I can put on my CV apart from interpreting, which isnt that much.

ReputationRep:
    I also applied to a local Mac D's yesterday as a crew member. Good luck I'm just waiting for a reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sato)
    I also applied to a local Mac D's yesterday as a crew member. Good luck I'm just waiting for a reply
    Good luck to you too I am waiting for reply too, I wonder how long it takes for the actual interview?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to you too I am waiting for reply too, I wonder how long it takes for the actual interview?
    I think for a crew member position it can take up to 2 weeks between applying and actually starting the job, I'm assuming they will try and interview people a week or so after thier application is submitted.

Thing is I applied for a temporary position from 1 Aug - 2 Sept and if it takes 2 weeks for me to start I'll only be working for 2 weeks. I might try and sort out a saturday and evening job there once school starts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sato)
    I think for a crew member position it can take up to 2 weeks between applying and actually starting the job, I'm assuming they will try and interview people a week or so after thier application is submitted.

Thing is I applied for a temporary position from 1 Aug - 2 Sept and if it takes 2 weeks for me to start I'll only be working for 2 weeks. I might try and sort out a saturday and evening job there once school starts.
    Well, as Jess said you can always change hours to fit in with your timetable, or apply for a more permanent posiiton I have to juggle that with my volunteering too, but thtas no problem, better than twiddling my thumbs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    I absolutely, completely agree with you 100%. After HP, Rupert is the only one of the trio who has a future in acting. Daniel is a bit too wooden I think, and Emma.... she can't do emotions to save her life :p:

I guess you can't change actors halfway through though... because you'd lose continuity.
    Tbh, Radcliffe never needs to act again - he's getting paid £26.5m for the last films (well, two films), around £21.5m more than the other two.

As for keeping the same actors, I personally believe that is a crock of ********. If you ditch an actor for a better one (and it wouldn't be difficult), nobody would complain about continuity because the end result would be a significantly better film. Plus surely age would be a bigger continuity factor - at the end of the last film the current actors will probably be about 30.

ReputationRep:
    Well, as Jess said you can always change hours to fit in with your timetable, or apply for a more permanent posiiton I have to juggle that with my volunteering too, but thtas no problem, better than twiddling my thumbs
    True, quite annoying I got kicked out of my house and i'm now living with my auntie the Mac D's place where I used to live has three jobs available and the one i'm applying to has one and i'm unsure whether i'll get it because I applied for a temp position and they may think it's not worth the hassle, i'm not sure if they allow you to reapply for another six months either.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder when student finance will get around to assessing my household income...

On the website I have a correspondence with a payment plan for non assessed

Also it seems I won't be getting the first installment until two days after I move in...so I guess I have to find a way to pay the rent first before getting the money for the rent

ReputationRep:
    Ironing is boring, and so is packing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Tbh, Radcliffe never needs to act again - he's getting paid £26.5m for the last films (well, two films), around £21.5m more than the other two.

As for keeping the same actors, I personally believe that is a crock of ********. If you ditch an actor for a better one (and it wouldn't be difficult), nobody would complain about continuity because the end result would be a significantly better film. Plus surely age would be a bigger continuity factor - at the end of the last film the current actors will probably be about 30.
    Yea, but money's only a part of it really. Otherwise none of them really need to do any work whatsoever - the money they've got from HP will easily last them for life. Plus, you have people like Richard Branson and money can't be what keeps these guys ticking over.

Well, ditching an actor for a better one isn't always that easy. I mean, if you've got used to seeing those 3 roles played by those actors, and they're not terrible actors but just not great, I don't think it's worth replacing them with better actors simply because of continuity. Age is a factor, but you can always pick better actors of the same age - I mean, the bloke who was going to star in the Artemis Fowl film but now can't because he's too old... well, I actually would have preferred him in that role tbh.

Plus, they've made their name after so many films and the film needs them to a certain extent. Whilst a film with a cast which no one has ever heard of can be an amazing film, it's unlikely to gross as much at the box office compared to a film with a cast of acclaimed actors. There are of course, a few exceptions to this. I mean, City of God was a great film. It's just life :p:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 9, 2009

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.