(Original post by crazylemon)
    Ironing is boring, and so is packing
    What are you packing for??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    What are you packing for??
    Cruise for 2 weeks.
    Leaving tomorrow.
    I get to drive to southampton at 7am tomorrow. Oh yay.

Holiday will be good though!

ReputationRep:
    Cruise for 2 weeks.
    Leaving tomorrow.

Nice, in your boat??

Actually, I've just realised I'm incredibly hungry and I haven't had anything to eat since I woke up at 9... I'll be back in a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, food's in the microwave :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    Yea, but money's only a part of it really. Otherwise none of them really need to do any work whatsoever - the money they've got from HP will easily last them for life. Plus, you have people like Richard Branson and money can't be what keeps these guys ticking over.

Well, ditching an actor for a better one isn't always that easy. I mean, if you've got used to seeing those 3 roles played by those actors, and they're not terrible actors but just not great, I don't think it's worth replacing them with better actors simply because of continuity. Age is a factor, but you can always pick better actors of the same age - I mean, the bloke who was going to star in the Artemis Fowl film but now can't because he's too old... well, I actually would have preferred him in that role tbh.

Plus, they've made their name after so many films and the film needs them to a certain extent. Whilst a film with a cast which no one has ever heard of can be an amazing film, it's unlikely to gross as much at the box office compared to a film with a cast of acclaimed actors. There are of course, a few exceptions to this. I mean, City of God was a great film. It's just life :p:
    Richard Branson is a wee bit different - he's a businessman, not a child actor. I guess the competition keeps him going, but his situation is nothing like these. Bear in mind that for a lot of them they now will never be able to play another role as they are the wizards, and that won't be easy if they are serious actors. A similar thing happened with Alec Guinness - even though he was a fantastic actor in his own right, after Star Wars nobody knew him for anything else and he couldn't accept that.

And in my opinion they are just dreadful actors, especially Radcliffe. The guy is incapable of delivering a line, and it's a problem compounded by the fact that they are surrounded by some great veteran actors. And I wasn't really suggesting they be axed because of their age, I was just saying that in terms of continuity it's as big a problem as replacing the actors.

You are right with your last point, and that's why the biggest grossing film of the year will always be the summer blockbuster that everyone's in, regardless of the quality of it (and why Ocean's 12 was successful :indiff:). But there are always exceptions. And in this case the book is larger than any actor, and the film will be an immense success even if they employ a retarded hamster to play the lead role. So if they dropped the current cast there wouldn't be a big loss in takings.

In other news, I just watched the last half hour of my sweet sixteen: biggest brats. I don't think I have felt so disgusted in all of my life.

ReputationRep:
    Cruise for 2 weeks.
    Leaving tomorrow.

Where are you cruisin' to?

ReputationRep:
    eugh, hungover fatal.

BAD BAD tequila...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    I look evil on here too now :teeth: it's a profile picture to scare off the demons :woo:
    Truly terrifying :afraid:

Ironing is boring, and so is packing
    That's what mothers are for :ahee: :shh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyferret)
    Truly terrifying :afraid:
    I know. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I know. :ahee:
    On second inspection....horrific. The eyes seem to follow you everywhere :afraid: :pee:

ReputationRep:
    On second inspection....horrific. The eyes seem to follow you everywhere :afraid: :pee:
    I will haunt you in your sleep.

ReputationRep:
    Not only am I severely hungover, but all my clothes (every item I own) is strewn across my bedroom floor, and a wierd country bumpkin plumber just burst into my room to find out where my built in wardrobe goes to!!

ReputationRep:
    That's what mothers are for :ahee: :shh:
    :naughty:
    Do you even know how to iron? :p:

Where are you cruisin' to?
    Central/ eastern Europe, so east coast of Italy (Venice), Croatia etc.

Looking forward to it but packing is a nightmare esp when being pestered to do it (I probably should be doing it atm but meh)

ReputationRep:
    :naughty:
    Do you even know how to iron? :p:
    Actually, yes. :p:

I just choose to wear crushed clothes

ReputationRep:
    Central/ eastern Europe, so east coast of Italy (Venice), Croatia etc.

Looking forward to it but packing is a nightmare esp when being pestered to do it (I probably should be doing it atm but meh)
    Ooooh I'm jealous. I'd love to go to both Italy and Croatia. TAKE ME WITH YOU! I love packing, it's exciting! Hey, I have an idea, if you promise to smuggle me in hidden inside your suitcase, I'll pack for you :awesome:
    Hope you have a good time

ReputationRep:
    Actually, yes. :p:

I just choose to wear crushed clothes
    :rolleyes:

Its the ******* double cuffs I ******* hate.
    Always have to redo them :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:

Its the ******* double cuffs I ******* hate.
    Always have to redo them :sigh:
    Angry lemon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Ooooh I'm jealous. I'd love to go to both Italy and Croatia. TAKE ME WITH YOU! I love packing, it's exciting! Hey, I have an idea, if you promise to smuggle me in hidden inside your suitcase, I'll pack for you :awesome:
    Hope you have a good time
    Thanks

Though I don think there will be space in the cases :sad:
    YOu have no idea how much rubbish my family is bringing, and my brother is trying to get some of his stuff into my case aswell (though a fair point is mine is larger and will have plenty of space :p:)

Current total of suitcases:

5 HUGE cases
    3 medium sized

Plus some grips/rucksacks

Ridiculous :sigh:

The only reason I am driving up is because we need 2 cars for all of it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Angry lemon!
    :sadnod:

When you have done over and hour of ironing and then find you have put creases into 2 of the shirts you get very pissed off :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    I always fancied learning the saxophone, one day I will :yep:
    You should try it It's the sexiest instrument there is, lets face it :p: Plus it's quite easy to start up with.
    Sooner rather than later though, because you'll find it hard to have enough puff once you've been smoking a while :p: Plus it'd probably really muck up the pads under the keys - I have to be careful and not have anything sugary before I play because the keys stick otherwise

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.