Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    You lucky thing! Do they accept undergraduates as interns :zomg: I wish I had that kind of job
    Methinks they also do work placements
    yeah ... at least it says so on their website
    idk. it's all in my head right now. but we'll seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    :woo: :woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiBear)
    yeah ... at least it says so on their website
    idk. it's all in my head right now. but we'll seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    :woo: :woo: :woo:
    I shall have to have a look :holmes: I would love to get a job in oil company where I could use my Russian and probs with trips to Russia and Kazakhstan , although its more of a pipe dream :o: :moon:

ReputationRep:
    ****ing T-mobile and their ****ing 'content lock...'
    All I want to do is look at the Bravissimo online sale... you don't need to be over 18 to buy a ****ing bra :sigh: :rant: (very pissed off in case you hadn't guessed!)

:hi: Hi everyone, I'm on holiday in Devon using a stupid T-mobile dongle to get internet access and it's driving me crazy :sigh:
    How's everyone's holidays been so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    All I want to do is look at the Bravissimo online sale... you don't need to be over 18 to buy a ****ing bra :sigh: :rant: (very pissed off in case you hadn't guessed!)

:hi: Hi everyone, I'm on holiday in Devon using a stupid T-mobile dongle to get internet access and it's driving me crazy :sigh:
    You buy bra's online? I prefer to see them , but each to his own, I suppose At least you didn't forget your favourite bra at a holiday, and I hope you don't, unlike this ditz :facepalm:.

ReputationRep:

Long, quite boring and just an agonising wait until results day, really :p: Plus driving on top of that, which is just stressful. I swear I come out of every lesson with a major tension headache!

How is yours going? Apart from the stupid dongle in Devon part? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Good night all.

See you in 2 weeks (unless I crack :p:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Good night all.

:ciao: have a great time, i'll miss you :sad:

And please crack :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Good night all.

Byee, Lemon, have a nice time

ReputationRep:
    You buy bra's online? I prefer to see them , but each to his own, I suppose At least you didn't forget your favourite bra at a holiday, and I hope you don't, unlike this ditz .
    I don't usually but they currently have an exclusively online up to 75% off swimwear sale and considering I drove myself mad trying to find a decent swimsuit on the highstreet I wanted to see what was available.

(Original post by scaryhair)
    Long, quite boring and just an agonising wait until results day, really Plus driving on top of that, which is just stressful. I swear I come out of every lesson with a major tension headache!

How is yours going? Apart from the stupid dongle in Devon part?
    It's generally not been the best so far. Found out my 85 yr old gran's back in hospital for her 3rd hip op in 2 months due to various ****ups along the way (such as the consultant breaking her leg when inserting the first hip replacement :s:). Missing my bf loads too and just feeling a bit bleugh today.

ReputationRep:
    I don't usually but they currently have an exclusively online up to 75% off swimwear sale and considering I drove myself mad trying to find a decent swimsuit on the highstreet I wanted to see what was available.

It's generally not been the best so far. Found out my 85 yr old gran's back in hospital for her 3rd hip op in 2 months due to various ****ups along the way (such as the consultant breaking her leg when inserting the first hip replacement :s:). Missing my bf loads too and just feeling a bit bleugh today.
    Good luck with finding the swimsuit! I finally found two perfect swimsuits in Dorothy Perkins, and used them ever sinse, but prior to that I struggled to find a decent one too.
    And I hope your gran gets well soon

ReputationRep:
    I think once i've finished the cigs i've got i'll try and give up :sadnod:

A pity, cos I really like them :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    When one of you gets on my bad side.
    :eek3:

I've already been in the bad books once before and survivesd :woo:

Maybe I'm immune to the evil death stare

They have sent me the final declaration, and are giving me the minimum for both fees and maintencance loan because I "have not supplied enough information" Why on earth would they want my mother's income for 2008-2009, if I will go university in 2009-2010???
    They did that to me ages ago...I hope they actually intend on reassessing soon :p:

ReputationRep:

I prefer internet cafes and wireless hotspots personally :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    :eek3:

I've already been in the bad books once before and survivesd :woo:

Maybe I'm immune to the evil death stare

They did that to me ages ago...I hope they actually intend on reassessing soon :p:
    They do that to everyone- an established fact. It is a conspiracy to stop students from relaxing on their holiday before they start university The man I spoke to on the phone said they will be changing everything soon, when I complained about my pin problem, so maybe reassessment is not far :yes: Hopefully

ReputationRep:
    Student finance should be broken down and dealt with in individual areas for greater efficiency.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    Student finance should be broken down and dealt with in individual areas for greater efficiency.
    And the heads of various departments should be whacked round the head for even greater efficiency

To borrow NOCF's line- "AutVinceriAutMori does not normally condone or promote violence"

ReputationRep:
    And the heads of various departments should be whacked round the head for even greater efficiency

To borrow NOCF's line- "AutVinceriAutMori does not normally condone or promote violence"
    I honestly think I could run Student Finance better if I did it full time... I mean, wtf is going on... this chaotic **** happens every single bloody ******* year... why can't they sort it out.

Scotland doesn't seem to have any of these stupid problems.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly think I could run Student Finance better if I did it full time... I mean, wtf is going on... this chaotic **** happens every single bloody ******* year... why can't they sort it out.

Scotland doesn't seem to have any of these stupid problems.
    What degree do you have to get if you want to run Student Finance? Accounting type? The whole system sucks, they can't even store and keep the data properly- lost tax discs, anyone?

And Scotland has lower tution fees in universities :teeth: How do they manage it? I wonder if the Scotland unis that I will apply to(grades permitting) will accept me?
    Only just realised that my reply is made from questions entirely :redface:

ReputationRep:
    What degree do you have to get if you want to run Student Finance? Accounting type? The whole system sucks, they can't even store and keep the data properly- lost tax discs, anyone?

And Scotland has lower tution fees in universities :teeth: How do they manage it? I wonder if the Scotland unis that I will apply to(grades permitting) will accept me?
    Only just realised that my reply is made from questions entirely :redface:
    haha, the financial stuff in scotland is run by saas, and they have some requirements to see if you pay or not, like if you've been educated in scotland for the past x number of years and your parents are scottish etc etc... so not everyone goes for free. the scottish parliament just woke up one day and decided this, and even though the uk is one country, it's not one ethnic group as such, so whilst westminster can tell scotland to **** off, frankly, doing so isn't a good idea. this is why i've always maintained, despite lots of people arguing with me about it, that scottish unis will to some extent favour scottish applicants.

i mean, the scottish parliament sets guidelines for scots to get free university tuition - it would be stupid if these scots couldn't get places at scottish unis then, wouldn't it?

as for student finance england, you don't really need to be qualified... the job they're doing now at any rate, can be done by a team of trained monkeys.

ReputationRep:
    haha, the financial stuff in scotland is run by saas, and they have some requirements to see if you pay or not, like if you've been educated in scotland for the past x number of years and your parents are scottish etc etc... so not everyone goes for free. the scottish parliament just woke up one day and decided this, and even though the uk is one country, it's not one ethnic group as such, so whilst westminster can tell scotland to **** off, frankly, doing so isn't a good idea. this is why i've always maintained, despite lots of people arguing with me about it, that scottish unis will to some extent favour scottish applicants.

i mean, the scottish parliament sets guidelines for scots to get free university tuition - it would be stupid if these scots couldn't get places at scottish unis then, wouldn't it?

as for student finance england, you don't really need to be qualified... the job they're doing now at any rate, can be done by a team of trained monkeys.
    That is an insult to trained monkeys, TP, I'm shoked! How dare you compare such inteligent animals to creatures that run Student Finance! If you weren't my friend I would be on the phone to RSPCA :p:
    as for Scottish nationalism, quite possible but justifiable, I guess. I don't stand a chance of going there for free, but don't they have lower tuition fees anyway?
    When phoning various med schools with regards with my GCSE problem, I found London schools least sympathetic, whereas Scottish unis seemed quite alright, although they were very ambiguos in their answers. But at least they didn't say no outright, so I am thinking of applying to at least 2 med schools in there :yes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.