Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    :ditto:
    What was the point in starting if you were going to stop anyway because friends don't like it? You're just making life hard for yourself, especially as you only want to quit when you've finished the pack!
    We all tried to help before, but you were set on trying them, there's only so much you can do to help someone.
    I didn't know my friends wouldn't like it - and in fact, there's only one friend who really didn't like it and whose opinion really matters to me (and it isn't Lemon)

I want to quit when i've finished them cos they were expensive and it'd be a waste.

And I was set on trying them, I don't regret trying them, and i'd rather carry on. For me, I had to see what they were like, they didn't disappoint at all.

ReputationRep:
    i'd forgotten how good Knight Rider is

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone here have a problem if I started doing crack? :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    not really, we all know you're already on something or another :yes: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    For a bit, but then they'd have more of a problem when you announce you'll give it up :p:

ReputationRep:
    Brings back good memories of Critical Thinking when I had to argue for the legalisation for cannabis:

"Cannabis in its pure form is not dangerous in any way. The legalisation of cannabis would result in the drug being regulated and easily available, thus ensuring that the cannabis sold and the cannabis people buy is of the pure form. In the pure form, it protects against cancer as the THC present has a protective effect by causing aging cells to die before they become cancerous. It does not cause lung disease, cancer or reduce the amount of oxygen delivered to the heart unless it is combined with tobacco. The link between cannabis and its affect on brain function is also not fully established, and is much akin to the false health scares associated with the MMR triple vaccine. Indeed, cannabis smoking creates pacifism and is a stress reliever, which helps to maintain mental health and wellbeing. It also has many proven medicinal benefits of greater efficacy than conventional treatments in the treatment or alleviation of pain in cancer, glaucoma, AIDS, MS, epilepsy and chronic pain. Most of these people will benefit more than from currently prescribed drugs if they were allowed to smoke weed every day. This would mean that fewer drugs will need to be prescribed to people suffering from these conditions, which would save the NHS £38M per year. This money, as well as money generated from the taxation of legal cannabis, could go towards improving the NHS such as providing life-prolonging treatment to cancer patients currently denied treatment by PCTs. Cannabis legalisation will also decrease the crime rate if the herb is readily available, both as people will no longer illegally obtain an easy to obtain drug in a guaranteed pure form and in the sense that it will free up police time to deal with other cases as well as prison spaces to hold dangerous criminals. There is no good reason to make it illegal; and the damage done by cannabis is entirely due to the fact that it is illegal, therefore cannabis should be legalised."

ReputationRep:
    Hello I'm new here... this is a massive thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicola.kemp)
    massive is a bit of an understatement. :moon:

who are you? :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    bonjour a tous

donne moi de tes nouvelles

ReputationRep:
    Tell us about yourself

ReputationRep:
    Hello...apologies!

I hope to go to Newcastle University to study medicine in the future!
    I'm 20 and at the moment I'm studying Education Studies (random I know) but wasn't really sure what I wanted to be when I first applied to University..but hey. I can just do two degrees! My other passions are Philosophy and film.

I sound odd. But hey that's me.

Hope to talk to you all soon.

ReputationRep:
    Hello...apologies!

I'm 20 and at the moment I'm studying Education Studies (random I know) but wasn't really sure what I wanted to be when I first applied to University..but hey. I can just do two degrees! My other passions are Philosophy and film.

What are you apologising for lol? :p:

Nice, nice - feel free to join in our random banter Philosophy and film are both interests of mine, though I wouldn't say I was passionate about philosophy, just that I have an interest in the philosophers and their beliefs. As for films... I watch far too many :no:

What are your top 5 films? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hello...apologies!

:hi:

ReputationRep:
    Apologies for being blunt to start with... : )

I shall join in! Thanks. I read quite a lot about philosophy it just fascinates me..

Top 5 films? I couldnt possiblty choose! I love jud apato films, and I love films that don't follow the normal film strucutre such as Elephant if you've seen it. What are your top five?

I love helping out on short films too. The film in my signature I was first Assistant Director on ^_^

ReputationRep:
    hi nicola

i am going to study physics today. kill me........

ReputationRep:
    You'll fit in just fine, in that case.

Heya :hi:

ReputationRep:
    :wavey:

I just fell up the stairs :p:

ReputationRep:
    i went for a long walk by myself. fun times!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    :wavey:

I just fell up the stairs :p:
    Are your stairs like these?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    Are your stairs like these?

I want them!!!! :teeth:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.