Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrDomDom)
    They make me miserable!
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    New Ferrari 458 Italia!!!

That is an exceptionally ugly car. For starters it looks as if it's made out of tin foil, what with the gashes taken out of the bonnet, and I dislike all the wandering curvy crap that's going all over the back.

It just looks like it's trying too hard to show off, which somewhat ironically is what most of it's purchasers will be doing anyway. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    That is an exceptionally ugly car. For starters it looks as if it's made out of tin foil, what with the gashes taken out of the bonnet, and I dislike all the wandering curvy crap that's going all over the back.

It just looks like it's trying too hard to show off, which somewhat ironically is what most of it's purchasers will be doing anyway. :beard:
    :five:

ReputationRep:

I think I probably agree - just too fussy in design.

I remember a designer being interviewed on Fifth Gear I think it was, who said that you should be able to draw the basic shape of the car in about 3 lines for it to work.

This would account for the success of the new XK and XF, as well as the Aston DB9 - sometimes simple just is better :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    :five:
    By the way, just so you know, Schumi is going to win the Championship. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    By the way, just so you know, Schumi is going to win the Championship. :awesome:
    I nearly wet myself when I read he was coming back :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    I nearly wet myself when I read he was coming back :p:
    Best news ever. Button won't be getting another podium this season what with Hamilton, Webber, Vettel, Rosberg and now Schumi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    :hi: How was Italy?
    It was brrrrrilliant thankyou
    saw sooo many interesting things in such a short space of time!
    plus looovely and warm! i miss it already.
    Have you had a nice beccy-free 9 days?!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccy.)
    It was brrrrrilliant thankyou
    saw sooo many interesting things in such a short space of time!
    plus looovely and warm! i miss it already.
    Have you had a nice beccy-free 9 days?!!
    Sounds lovely I really love travelling, especially if it means seeing interesting things
    They've been alright, been driving (and panicking at the prospect of my looming test!) and went out clubbing dressed as an African Tribeswoman for my bestests goodbye-you're-going-to-Africa do - but that's about it really.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds lovely I really love travelling, especially if it means seeing interesting things
    They've been alright, been driving (and panicking at the prospect of my looming test!) and went out clubbing dressed as an African Tribeswoman for my bestests goodbye-you're-going-to-Africa do - but that's about it really.
    ooo sounds good! when is the test? is it already booked?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccy.)
    ooo sounds good! when is the test? is it already booked?
    It's been booked a while :p: Not telling anyone the exact date, but my aim is to pass before university so somewhen between now and 19th September :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    went out clubbing dressed as an African Tribeswoman for my bestests goodbye-you're-going-to-Africa do - but that's about it really.
    that sounds amazing! we went out for my friend's birthday a couple of months ago and a group of girls were out dressed as grannies. absolutely classic.

ReputationRep:
    It's been booked a while Not telling anyone the exact date, but my aim is to pass before university so somewhen between now and 19th September
    I did the same, only my family knew til the day of the test when I told my best friend as he had to explain why I disappeared out of maths early :p:

I didn't want anyone else to know in case I failed.

ReputationRep:
    Great big ******* panel on the right hand side about clearing, great, because that'll make people on TSR feel much better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    Great big ******* panel on the right hand side about clearing, great, because that'll make people on TSR feel much better.
    Don't fret, TP, everything will be fine Do you have an insurance offer?
    having said that I am scared myself :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    Don't fret, TP, everything will be fine Do you have an insurance offer?
    having said that I am scared myself :p:
    Yea, I'll be fine, I'll meet my offer, but it's just having it there. It won't make other people feel particularly good, will it? Who's ******* idea was it?

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on the day.

ReputationRep:
    Yea, I'll be fine, I'll meet my offer, but it's just having it there. It won't make other people feel particularly good, will it? Who's ******* idea was it?

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on the day.
    Awww, thats sweet of you :hugs: I have resigned myself to whatever fate is awaiting for me with regards to med- I don't believe I will get an offer as an undergraduate, but, hey, life is long and I am strong
    I will keep my fingers crossed for you too, but I'm sure there is a place in Imperial with yourname on it
    As for clearing, I'm sure it was the idea of someone who makes money via advertisements like that :eviltongue: :p:

ReputationRep:
    It's been booked a while :p: Not telling anyone the exact date, but my aim is to pass before university so somewhen between now and 19th September :ninja:
    oooohh i did that!! i did mine in may half term and the only people who knew were my boyfriend (although i only told him on the day before) and my parents (because theyd had to pay for it) and then everyone was quite shocked when id passed

i also did that with my medschool interviews, hardly anyone knew i even had them because.. i guess i wasnt expecting any and i didnt know if id get offers and i wanted people to.. not be expecting me to get offers because most of them didnt understand how competitive medicine was and just used to constantly say 'wellll youre gonna get 2a's and a b easily you'll get in..'

im sure you'll be fine btw GOOD LUCK!!!

ReputationRep:
    makes me feel so ******* relieved im not having to worry about it this year.
    mind you i do have a resit i should be worrying about instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    Awww, thats sweet of you :hugs: I have resigned myself to whatever fate is awaiting for me with regards to med- I don't believe I will get an offer as an undergraduate, but, hey, life is long and I am strong
    I will keep my fingers crossed for you too, but I'm sure there is a place in Imperial with yourname on it
    As for clearing, I'm sure it was the idea of someone who makes money via advertisements like that :eviltongue: :p:
    Life is full of surprises

I wonder how much the universities pay TSR for all these ads.

That aside, I'm very proud of myself for abstaining from posting something on TSR after typing it up, which would have provoked some massive argument again.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.