Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    Tell me about it, I wanted to put my maintenace loan to a high savigns account, so that if I had to leave chemistry to study medicine I wouldn't be high and dry Beside's my family earnings are minimal national average, so I could be looking for far more money if it was means assessed But I hope Student Finance will sort their things :p:
    oh don't talk about student finance! I need to pay off my £600 overdraft, THEN budget for 14 months rent!!! PANIC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    oh don't talk about student finance! I need to pay off my £600 overdraft, THEN budget for 14 months rent!!! PANIC.
    Its the subject that raises everyone's blood pressure :yep:
    to change the subject, sinse you are a PS helper, could you have a look at my PS, when I finish the first draft? Pllllzzzzzzzz?

ReputationRep:
    Its the subject that raises everyone's blood pressure :yep:
    to change the subject, sinse you are a PS helper, could you have a look at my PS, when I finish the first draft? Pllllzzzzzzzz?
    ok post it on the site and I'll look at it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusx)
    i'm 18 today.
    Happy Birthday! Hope it's been a good'un so far What are you doing to celebrate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    I did the same, only my family knew til the day of the test when I told my best friend as he had to explain why I disappeared out of maths early :p:

I didn't want anyone else to know in case I failed.
    (Original post by beccy.)
    oooohh i did that!! i did mine in may half term and the only people who knew were my boyfriend (although i only told him on the day before) and my parents (because theyd had to pay for it) and then everyone was quite shocked when id passed

im sure you'll be fine btw GOOD LUCK!!!
    Yeah I don't really want to spread it around because I don't think me passing is likely! But fingers crossed anyhow, I might have a miraculous fourty minutes (ish) of driving and a nice examiner :p:

(Original post by FFCrusader)

Everytime I told people the dates of my test I failed

The time I didn't I passed :p:
    I'm hoping that this rule applies to me Although it will be my first test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Yeah I don't really want to spread it around because I don't think me passing is likely! But fingers crossed anyhow, I might have a miraculous fourty minutes (ish) of driving and a nice examiner :p:

I'm hoping that this rule applies to me Although it will be my first test.
    Good luck! I've got my theory this week and last time I took it I failed lol

ReputationRep:
    i'm 18 today.
    Happy birthday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    ok post it on the site and I'll look at it
    Well, I only just started drafting it, it will befew weeks before I finish it :o: I was just amking sure there will be someone to point to my mistakes :blush:

ReputationRep:
    Well, I only just started drafting it, it will befew weeks before I finish it :o: I was just amking sure there will be someone to point to my mistakes :blush:
    I try to be nice Just finished going over one and I'm pretty sure the person who wrote it could beat me in any piece of coursework anyday!

I was like "Look this is grand, about a million times better than mine act"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    I try to be nice Just finished going over one and I'm pretty sure the person who wrote it could beat me in any piece of coursework anyday!

I was like "Look this is grand, about a million times better than mine act"
    You come across nice too Last year, my PS was very weak But I'll try to improve it.
    I seriously lack in EC's, add this to the overall picture and I wonder why I bother. But then again, I don't want to miss my chance simply because I'm scared :giggle:
    What do you think will sound more impressive- fencing or piano playing? I have tried to learn piano by muyself, and I got to the stage where I could play Greensleeves and Gingle Bells by myself, but because I had no professional tuition I left it. But now my mum says that if I am serious about it she will pay for a course :woo:

ReputationRep:
    You come across nice too Last year, my PS was very weak But I'll try to improve it.
    I seriously lack in EC's, add this to the overall picture and I wonder why I bother. But then again, I don't want to miss my chance simply because I'm scared :giggle:
    What do you think will sound more impressive- fencing or piano playing? I have tried to learn piano by muyself, and I got to the stage where I could play Greensleeves and Gingle Bells by myself, but because I had no professional tuition I left it. But now my mum says that if I am serious about it she will pay for a course :woo:
    Well...it doesn't really matter which one sounds more impressive it does though that you enjoy it and it shows when you are talking about it! I would love to do both, so maybe try out the fencing for a while and go from there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Well...it doesn't really matter which one sounds more impressive it does though that you enjoy it and it shows when you are talking about it! I would love to do both, so maybe try out the fencing for a while and go from there?
    I definitely enjoyed the piano, plus, when I was in school, my music teacher said I have an ear for it, and I was even offered free tuition. But I think that its too late to learn this at 20. :p: And yes, I don't want to sound like I'm trying to impress tham too hard. Ah, I'll have to think over that one, fencing is quite nice too, and my friend wants to do it as well.

ReputationRep:
    my mom has a way of bringing back all those suicidal thoughts.

i just hate it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiBear)

i just hate it.
    :console: Whats wrong, dear? We are here for you

ReputationRep:
    I definitely enjoyed the piano, plus, when I was in school, my music teacher said I have an ear for it, and I was even offered free tuition. But I think that its too late to learn this at 20. :p: And yes, I don't want to sound like I'm trying to impress tham too hard. Ah, I'll have to think over that one, fencing is quite nice too, and my friend wants to do it as well.
    Nah not at all. If I get the op. to learn a musical instrument I will. Chat to your friend about it!

i just hate it.
    Trust me I know the feeling, my mother brings back my depression!

Whats up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Yeah I don't really want to spread it around because I don't think me passing is likely! But fingers crossed anyhow, I might have a miraculous fourty minutes (ish) of driving and a nice examiner
    I had a very nice examiner...considering I stalled at a roundabout, then pulled out onto the roundabout in front of an oncoming car and still managed to pass :p:

x
    Happy birthday! Hope you've had a good day

ReputationRep:
    :console: Whats wrong, dear? We are here for you
    (Original post by fatal)
    Trust me I know the feeling, my mother brings back my depression!

Whats up?
    life.. everything.... my mother.

i really cant do this anymore. im so glad im getting out of here.

ReputationRep:

It won't be long and trust me you'll be so much happier when you do get out of there.

If you want to chat about it at all PM me I have much experience with unhappy homelives, mothers (unstable, addicted, whatever) and also the feeling of suicide.

ReputationRep:

Exactly, just few months and you are in magic Brummie land I have had spectacular rows with my mother in my time and I still do :sad: To keep yourself from suicide just repeat that one day you will prove tham all wrong and will become a great person, and it does help That stopped me from toppling myself many times

(Original post by fatal)
    Nah not at all. If I get the op. to learn a musical instrument I will. Chat to your friend about it!
    You mean you don't play a musical instrument :zomg: most people here play at least one, I'm glad I'm not the only exception :p: But the lessons are so expensive :puppyeyes: and when I was a kid my mum didn't have any money to buy the instrument itself

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, just few months and you are in magic Brummie land I have had spectacular rows with my mother in my time and I still do :sad: To keep yourself from suicide just repeat that one day you will prove tham all wrong and will become a great person, and it does help That stopped me from toppling myself many times

You mean you don't play a musical instrument :zomg: most people here play at least one, I'm glad I'm not the only exception :p: But the lessons are so expensive :puppyeyes: and when I was a kid my mum didn't have any money to buy the instrument itself
    Yep when I was little music just wasn't on the agenda. The closest I've got was 4 years in a choir. But I would LOVE to learn the piano or flute.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 9, 2009

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.