:afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holsy)
    :afraid:
    Yup, thats pretty much me too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    :console: It'll be nice when we can get out of this overwhelmingly worrying limbo that we're in.

I feel that checking on the results day thread every so often is making it worse as well, but it won't stop me. :p:

ReputationRep:
    :hi:

How are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holsy)
    :console: It'll be nice when we can get out of this overwhelmingly worrying limbo that we're in.

I feel that checking on the results day thread every so often is making it worse as well, but it won't stop me. :p:
    Yeah, I swear it's not doing my nerves any good but it has such a pull! In a way I can't believe that I'm waiting for my A2 results, that will determine which direction my life is headed in terms of education. It's so surreal!
    Maybe I've gone into denial :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    :hi:

How are you?
    Okay - results is terrifying me, but on the upside I went out in my parents car today and it went well Nice to know I am capable of driving without dual controls :p:
    How are you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I swear it's not doing my nerves any good but it has such a pull! In a way I can't believe that I'm waiting for my A2 results, that will determine which direction my life is headed in terms of education. It's so surreal!
    Maybe I've gone into denial :p:
    Haha, perhaps! I feel sick that I have no idea what's happening with my life until then.

*Happy thoughts*

ReputationRep:
    Okay - results is terrifying me, but on the upside I went out in my parents car today and it went well Nice to know I am capable of driving without dual controls :p:
    How are you?
    Ah yes, results - i'm trying not to think about them :no:

Glad the driving's going well - I found the biggest problem for me was psychological as I hated driving around with l-plates because people tend to be impatient with you (or so I thought). Once they had gone I became much more relaxed about it.

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes, results - i'm trying not to think about them :no:

Glad the driving's going well - I found the biggest problem for me was psychological as I hated driving around with l-plates because people tend to be impatient with you (or so I thought). Once they had gone I became much more relaxed about it.
    Yeah, I had a group of little chavvy boys that decided to play chicken in front of me yesterday. I doubt they'd do it to me if I didn't have the L plates on - I felt like accelerating :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I had a group of little chavvy boys that decided to play chicken in front of me yesterday. I doubt they'd do it to me if I didn't have the L plates on - I felt like accelerating :p:
    :rofl:

I used to hate it when people overtook me for no reason - i'd be doing at least 80mph anyway but they assume you're going slowly just because you're a learner which is really annoying

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

I used to hate it when people overtook me for no reason - i'd be doing at least 80mph anyway but they assume you're going slowly just because you're a learner which is really annoying
    Yeah that is annoying, but I think it's just a psychological thing for them too. I was overtaken by a load of lovely old cars today, and two Aston Martins in a row had to give way to me :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or does anyone else's parents boast about you being a medical student in the most embarassing way? I've just heard my mum on the phone with some and she started with my A level results (which I never tell anyone) and then was like "Oh she's studying medicine at Glasgow, oh yes it's hard work"

GRRR. She doesn't understand why I've just yelled at her for it!!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Is it just me or does anyone else's parents boast about you being a medical student in the most embarassing way? I've just heard my mum on the phone with some and she started with my A level results (which I never tell anyone) and then was like "Oh she's studying medicine at Glasgow, oh yes it's hard work"

Not that I know of :erm:

Mine just keep telling me it's gonna be hard work and I should be doing stuff to prepare for it now

I choose to ignore that :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    Not that I know of :erm:

Mine just keep telling me it's gonna be hard work and I should be doing stuff to prepare for it now

I choose to ignore that :ninja:
    Mine are more bothered about the university than the course... :unsure:

I have a feeling they'd be happier with me doing ASNAC at Cambridge than Medicine at UEA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    Mine are more bothered about the university than the course... :unsure:

I have a feeling they'd be happier with me doing ASNAC at Cambridge than Medicine at UEA.
    My cousin goes to Cambridge and came out top of his year this year, it's actually painful to watch my aunt talk crap about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    My cousin goes to Cambridge and came out top of his year this year, it's actually painful to watch my aunt talk crap about it.
    Top first eh? Excellent

Everyone talks crap about something... it's just the way it is when people talk about things they don't fully comprehend... or don't comprehend at all, as it the case the vast majority of the time :p:

ReputationRep:
    In my dictionary, these people have an entry under 'ignorant peasant' :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    In my dictionary, these people have an entry under 'ignorant peasant' :p:
    Or plebs. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)

That's better than my mum, she boasts about me being a (prospective)chem student :p: :rolleyes: and tells everyone that I'm already accepted, despite my offer being conditional. I guess her position is that chem is a respectable profession and no one needs to know about the low entry requirements :p: But I agree that it is annoying and I tell her off too, to which she gets very offended.
    The irony is that when I wanted to become a chemist she was telling me that being a doctor is a best thing ever, and now that I want to do medicine she tells me I'm better off doing chem.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.