Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holsy)
    :console: It'll be nice when we can get out of this overwhelmingly worrying limbo that we're in.

I feel that checking on the results day thread every so often is making it worse as well, but it won't stop me. :p:
    Yep, that's pretty much how I'm feeling as well.

It's been pretty annoying this Summer not really being able to plan that far ahead, because I have no idea where I'll be and what I'll be doing in 3 months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Yep, that's pretty much how I'm feeling as well.

It's been pretty annoying this Summer not really being able to plan that far ahead, because I have no idea where I'll be and what I'll be doing in 3 months.
    Exactly. That is what is most annoying about this stupidly long wait

ReputationRep:
    You guys will be fine

Don't make me say it again

:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    You guys will be fine

Yes, I hope so:p: Although if I get < AAB, my PS writing, hours of volunteering and UKCAT prep will be wasted, but I shall not think of that, and enjoy last days of summer. Even if its easier said than done :p:
    I shall hold my fingers crossed for you and other people on here :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    You guys will be fine

Haha, nothing personal, but I don't think I'll be reassured no matter who or how many times "you'll be fine" is said to me - only if I see "Newcastle A106 - Unconditional" will I be reasssured :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Haha, nothing personal, but I don't think I'll be reassured no matter who or how many times "you'll be fine" is said to me - only if I see "Newcastle A106 - Unconditional" will I be reasssured :p:

Whats worse is when people say "oh you'll get it easy, you're you for gods sake." :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. That is what is most annoying about this stupidly long wait
    The feeling of not being able to change your circumstances and having to wait is infuriating

Only a few weeks left though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    Whats worse is when people say "oh you'll get it easy, you're you for gods sake." :hmmm:
    I know, I get that all the time. They don't seem to realise that them saying that will make the lead up to results even more terrifying, and prospect of doing badly even more disappointing.
    I also hate it when they just assume that you magically get good grades; they have no idea about how much hard work has gone into them :mad2:

This subject is one of my pet hates, if you couldn't tell :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    The feeling of not being able to change your circumstances and having to wait is infuriating

Only a few weeks left though!
    Feels like forever though, as I'm sure you'll understand.

ReputationRep:
    I know, I get that all the time. They don't seem to realise that them saying that will make the lead up to results even more terrifying, and prospect of doing badly even more disappointing.
    I also hate it when they just assume that you magically get good grades; they have no idea about how much hard work has gone into them :mad2:

A pet hate I share. A lot of people who assume also put no effort in and then moan about how unfair it is :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    A pet hate I share. A lot of people who assume also put no effort in and then moan about how unfair it is :rolleyes:
    Yup :rolleyes: Silly people.

ReputationRep:

I dislike that too- grades don't appear due to the magic of your name, they depend on plenty of factors, yet people just assume you pick them off a magic tree or something. But I understand that they mean well so I don't get angry. Plus it gives me perverse pleasure to be thought off as clever :p:

ReputationRep:

I actually felt pretty guilty cos I didn't put much effort into my A-levels and everyone thought I'd worked really hard!

Now I'm getting more annoyed by my mum asking me "Are you sure you can handle this course?!"

ReputationRep:
    haha to be fair, I think I was like that last year...the words "you'll be fine" actually lost meaning...but I'll still use it on you guys :awesome:

Feels like forever though, as I'm sure you'll understand.
    It does feel like forever but once you look back after it actually goes flying by :eek3:

A Levels feel like such a long time ago now :lolwut: And feel rather pointless :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure the shirt dress I bought out of the H&M the other is maternity range...good times!

ReputationRep:
    I usually respond with beating them upside the head, until they see the error of their ways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    I'm pretty sure the shirt dress I bought out of the H&M the other is maternity range...good times!
    I once bought a maternity top from Debenhams, and now the pretty blue coat :o: :p: But the top was my favourite and it was loose on me, which was a source of small comfort :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    I once bought a maternity top from Debenhams, and now the pretty blue coat :o: :p: But the top was my favourite and it was loose on me, which was a source of small comfort :p:
    I'm wearing it now and although it isn't massive I still have this niggling feeling :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    I usually respond with beating them upside the head, until they see the error of their ways.
    i like your style. never occurred to me to try this one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    I'm wearing it now and although it isn't massive I still have this niggling feeling :p:
    don't worry, just cut off the label and no-one needs to know :ninjagirl:
    Thats what I done with my top :p:
    the thing is, I actually like the maternity range in debenhams, the things are more elegant there. Or is that just an excuse :p: ?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.