Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    I only just noticed details of your offer in your sig :o: :p: I hope you will meet it
    I regret not doing 4 AS/A Levels like yourself
    I hate the envelope opening, its like the queue at the dentist's, you feel scared to go inside but waiting is even worse :eek3: I actually would give a tooth for each A that was predicted :yes:
    magic track feature is when they show you the result by confirming your place @ university or not, but I guess you know about it?
    Doing four A-Levels was quite a burden.

The only good thing about my offer and doing four subjects was the freedom of getting AAAB in any order.

By the way, are you going to reapply if you get AAB/AAA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    :awesome:

I expect mine will do the same :teeth:
    I had to relocate my iTunes library onto it because it was too big for the internal harddrive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Doing four A-Levels was quite a burden.

The only good thing about my offer and doing four subjects was the freedom of getting AAAB in any order.

By the way, are you going to reapply if you get AAB/AAA?
    I imagine it is a burden, especially with such hard subjects :p: :eek3: Any order is good, otherwise you would have been even more worried :p:
    I will take one more stab at it, should I get AAB or AAA :yep: I don't stand much chance, but it seems a bit defeatist to give up now that I tried so hard to aquire all I need at least Leeds said I only need to get AAB for them to consider me, so they are my best bet so far

Damn it, how come none of the colleges in West midlands offer Russian GCSE's ??? Its the only GCSE thaat I could take tomorrow with no prep and get a decent grade, and it one of the rarest being offered :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    I'm feeling quite tired and jetlagged but I had the most amazing time in Egypt! I'll upload some pics on facebook shortly.

You are right though; time has flown by quick. I can't believe it's August already. So how's the driving going?
    I look forward to seeing them
    It's going a lot better now than when you left - I think my confidence is slowly growing. Still unsure as to whether I'll be good enough to pass my test, but I guess only time will tell! In a way though, it's nice to have something to focus on and take my mind off results.

ReputationRep:
    :awesome:

I expect mine will do the same :teeth:
    If you don't mind me asking, how much was it? It actually seems like a good idea :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    :console: just some kind of computer jargon :eek:
    I know, but I just can't get my head around just how much 1024GB would hold! You'd never fill it up :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    If you don't mind me asking, how much was it? It actually seems like a good idea :teeth:
    You can get good, reliable ones for less than £100 now.

ReputationRep:
    My 1TB external hard drive arrived today :teeth:
    :coma: :coma:

i want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    I know, but I just can't get my head around just how much 1024GB would hold! You'd never fill it up :eek3:
    My 1TB hard drive is 80% full :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiBear)
    :coma: :coma:

i want.
    You can get a decent WD one for like £70 now, or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    :hi:

Finally got a tickable view of a kingfisher :woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    I had to relocate my iTunes library onto it because it was too big for the internal harddrive.
    iTunes :banghead:

I never use iTunes anymore, it annoys me everytime I do with this whole "synch" crap :p: I use foobar with some add-ons, so I can update my iPod like a normal MP3 player

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    :hi:

Finally got a tickable view of a kingfisher :woo: :woo:
    A what!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    iTunes :banghead:

I never use iTunes anymore, it annoys me everytime I do with this whole "synch" crap :p: I use foobar with some add-ons, so I can update my iPod like a normal MP3 player
    I don't have a problem with it, it just works. I can look at all my films, my TV shows, my music, my audiobooks really easily, and it's also pretty easy to just throw on a particular playlist or book onto my shuffle, or only put certain TV shows on my touch.

The only problem I do have is that because my library is located off disk, there's a brief pause every time I change something, like look on a different media or play a movie. But it's easy to put up with. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    I don't have a problem with it, it just works. I can look at all my films, my TV shows, my music, my audiobooks really easily, and it's also pretty easy to just throw on a particular playlist or book onto my shuffle, or only put certain TV shows on my touch.

The only problem I do have is that because my library is located off disk, there's a brief pause every time I change something, like look on a different media or play a movie. But it's easy to put up with. :p:
    Ah, fair enough, iTunes just consistently breaks for me, and it doesn't play FLAC either

I'd be careful with that set-up by the way, I did that with my first hard drive and it broke after a few months of use. I reckon it was because it was switched on pretty much all the time and in constant use, but who knows :p:

ReputationRep:
    A what!?
    Um, a kingfisher... :p:

ReputationRep:
    Um, a kingfisher... :p:

... a tickable view? :p:

ReputationRep:
    ... a tickable view? :p:
    I may slightly be a birdwatcher :p:

Up 'til now i've only caught brief glimpses of kingfishers which I only counted as dotty ticks in my book, but today I got a decent view and therefore I can tick it off properly :yep:

ReputationRep:
    A may slightly be a birdwatcher :p:

Up 'til now i've only caught brief glimpses of kingfishers which I only counted as dotty ticks in my book, but today I got a decent view and therefore I can tick it off properly :yep:
    Ah, I see... a bird watcher :p:

My dad's a bird watcher and he has one of these weird binoculars which is also a camera :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I see... a bird watcher :p:

My dad's a bird watcher and he has one of these weird binoculars which is also a camera :rofl:
    What else would I have meant by "kingfisher"? Some weird gay euphemism?? :p:

Are those camera-binocular things any good?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.