Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Barts is perfect for clinicals

(Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Bout a grand :p: (Took a lot of saving mind). I want to get a Macbook Pro, I'm just working out how much I really want it.

That's quite a bit of money :p: I was orginally thinking of spending that much but decided I would be fine with the one I bought :yep:

I don't really know how to use Macs, people tell me they're good but they are far too expensive for my liking :p:

And bear in mind that in those three years I could just as easily decide that Oxford is far too cool to leave from to end up spending far more money, or become a total prestige whore and decamp to Cambridge so that I can brag about going to both. :p: But Barts does seem pretty much perfect for clinicals, I have to say, although I really like Imperial and UCL as well.

This is true, but we shall ignore that possibility for now :ninja:

Isn't Medicine Man going to Barts? And I am indebted to him, so you might have more pulling power than you think.

That he is :p: I don't think I've seen him in a while though :unsure:

Brillliant I shall work with him to win you over

There is no subconscious message here :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    ...must...go...to...Bart's.

ReputationRep:
    It's no Kaspersky though. :beard:
    I've tried most of them and I think NOD32 is the best. It lets you have more control over things and hence, it doesn't tend to block things you don't want it to.

ReputationRep:
    haha why do I feel like shouting barts at the top of my voice?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)

There is no subconscious message here :ninja:
    Are you sure its Barts and not Bath:ninjagirl:?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    Wouldn't say Kaspersky is that good, I certainly had few problems with that one. My favourite is Norton so far.
    Norton isn't very good though once you actually have a virus. It's only good at keeping viruses out, but once you get one... Norton seems incapable of finding it.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.eset.co.uk/Compare/Competition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    Norton isn't very good though once you actually have a virus. It's only good at keeping viruses out, but once you get one... Norton seems incapable of finding it.
    Well, I need to download something ASAP, but have to get my dad to pay for it

ReputationRep:
    Well, I need to download something ASAP, but have to get my dad to pay for it
    If you're talking about getting an antivirus software, it is possible, purely theoretically speaking here, to get one for free off the internet if you know where to look

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisLittlePiggy)
    ...must...go...to...Bart's.

(Original post by fatal)
    haha why do I feel like shouting barts at the top of my voice?!
    No reason :ninja:

Are you sure its Barts and not Bath:ninjagirl:?
    :shh:

Actually, everytime someone asks me where I am going in real life and I say Barts...they say Bath? And I'm like

ReputationRep:
    Bout a grand :p: (Took a lot of saving mind). I want to get a Macbook Pro, I'm just working out how much I really want it.
    You could always get a very small desktop, or build one. You get better specs for the same price - and I doubt you'll need to carry it around to the library etc because there should be plenty of computers there anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    :shh:

Actually, everytime someone asks me where I am going in real life and I say Barts...they say Bath? And I'm like
    It is a legitimate school with great reputation, excellent teaching and perfect environment, with great funds available to research, etc, etc
    Run by distinguished Dr Lemon and Dr Ferret :yep: :awesome: Try telling them that :p:
    If you're talking about getting an antivirus software, it is possible, purely theoretically speaking here, to get one for free off the internet if you know where to look
    I don't, I will probs end up by downloading a lethal virus :eek: So I shall leave it to more skilled people :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't, I will probs end up by downloading a lethal virus :eek: So I shall leave it to more skilled people :p:
    Well, you can't possible download a lethal virus if you download it from the official site, and then look for the keys, can you?

Of course, we're talking purely theoretically here :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well, you can't possible download a lethal virus if you download it from the official site, and then look for the keys, can you?

Of course, we're talking purely theoretically here :p:
    You don't know me :ninjagirl: :p:
    but I'll try and see what happens :awesome: After I sort out my finances Student Finance .
    Writing PS is draaaaaaaag :yawn: :cry:

ReputationRep:
    You don't know me :ninjagirl: :p:
    but I'll try and see what happens :awesome: After I sort out my finances Student Finance .
    Writing PS is draaaaaaaag :yawn: :cry:
    Haha, £100 or so for antivirus for a year just doesn't seem to be worth it though :p:

Good luck with student finance... those guys on the phone really don't know what they're talking about.

ReputationRep:
    anyone watch supernatural here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiBear)
    anyone watch supernatural here?
    :nah: What is it about?
    Haha, £100 or so for antivirus for a year just doesn't seem to be worth it though :p:

Good luck with student finance... those guys on the phone really don't know what they're talking about.
    Thanks TP, and likewise to you. I have lost the payslip my dad gave me to submit as a proof of earnings :sigh: these things never end :p:
    Yes, spending money on antivirus is boo. Give us clotheshopping anyday :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    having a wee splurge on ebay good times!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    having a wee splurge on ebay good times!
    I need to learn how to sell things on there, and earn myself a fortune :p:

ReputationRep:
    I just read in the bath for the first time :woo:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.