Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The Dell Latitude range is good though, and of course, IBM ThinkPads are very good if you have the money to spend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    No point worrying about it now. Although I do feel your panic I had the same, I actually emailed my uni the week before asking in advance if I could transfer to the biology faculty.:woo:
    Oh dear. Bad times I guess. :p: But a brilliant idea nontheless. :ninja:

I think I'm going to have to start working on a draft of my pleading email too should I fail to meet my offer. :ninja:

Why couldn't Barts remain AAB for one more year? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)

I think I'm going to have to start working on a draft of my pleading email too should I fail to meet my offer. :ninja:

Do you need to get AAA??? Holy Moly, that would make me freak..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Do you need to get AAA??? Holy Moly, that would make me freak..
    Well AAAC... :sad:

...with the A's in bio and chem :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    Well AAAC... :sad:

...with the A's in bio and chem :hmpf:
    thats ok bio and chem aren't as hard as physics IMO Blegh, stop chatting exams and start thinking of the mad nights out your gonna have come Sept.

I'm pretty sure my first day (in the middle of this year's freshers) is shadowing a junior doctor around a hospital...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    thats ok bio and chem aren't as hard as physics IMO Blegh, stop chatting exams and start thinking of the mad nights out your gonna have come Sept.

I'm pretty sure my first day (in the middle of this year's freshers) is shadowing a junior doctor around a hospital...:rolleyes:
    I'd honestly like to but its quite hard to plan ahead because I don't want to be disappointed on results day. I'm saving all my hype for the night of the 20th (if I do meet my offer)
    :danceboy:

Shame you'd be shadowing though. Excuse my ignorance, but i thought 2nd year students and above didn't have lectures/shadow till after freshers because they'd be helping organise stuff for freshers itself.

ReputationRep:
    I'd honestly like to but its quite hard to plan ahead because I don't want to be disappointed on results day. I'm saving all my hype for the night of the 20th (if I do meet my offer)
    :danceboy:

Shame you'd be shadowing though. Excuse my ignorance, but i thought 2nd year students and above didn't have lectures/shadow till after freshers because they'd be helping organise stuff for freshers itself.
    Only if you apply to be a freshers helper and so far I haven't gotten any email from the med school about helping out Last year our term started in the middle of freshers week so I didn't really expect it to change this year! I've already had a look at what we're doing this year and they really are throwing us in the deep end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Only if you apply to be a freshers helper and so far I haven't gotten any email from the med school about helping out Last year our term started in the middle of freshers week so I didn't really expect it to change this year! I've already had a look at what we're doing this year and they really are throwing us in the deep end
    Oh dear. Doesn't sound too great. But hopefully its not as bad as you're imagining it to be. And I'm assuming that means less time in the lecture halls and more time doing something a bit more hands-on albeit shadowing junior doctors who probably think they own the world! :p:

Anyway, I'm off to bed now. I'm dropping dead as I'm typing this out. :p:

:goodnight:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiBear)
    :console:

boy am i glad my judgement day came early, cried, laughed, got over it etc.

i so know what you guys are going though. and i would not like to go through it again :emo:

:hugs:
    :hugs: Well, lets keep our fingers crossed, not walk under ladders, not come accross black cats, never break mirrors, find a four-leaf clover.....

was there anything I forgot? :p: :goodluck:

ReputationRep:

i think we should start a group for those who are screwed beyond belief for their grades.

20th august will be the biggest upset of my life. it's actually quite funny..

i'm such a fool for putting another AAB offer as insurance! i should have gone with biomed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    I'm not a fan of macs personally, and I think you'd have to try hard to get a virus on windows :p: I mean, unless you visit dodgy sites :p:

For uni, ideally, I'd get a nice and small netbook.
    for me my macbook is my personal record. ive had it over a year and it hasnt crashed once.
    :p:

The Dell Latitude range is good though, and of course, IBM ThinkPads are very good if you have the money to spend.
    IBM thinkpads crash like crazy :emo:
    dells we've only had as a desktop.. that too was soon infected with computer diseases :moon:

:sigh:
    i never did anything dodgy .....
    though my brother might have.......

(Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    :hugs: Well, lets keep our fingers crossed, not walk under ladders, not come accross black cats, never break mirrors, find a four-leaf clover.....

was there anything I forgot? :p: :goodluck:
    hehehe

dont know. well good luck y'all.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a fan of macs personally, and I think you'd have to try hard to get a virus on windows :p: I mean, unless you visit dodgy sites :p:

For uni, ideally, I'd get a nice and small netbook.
    definitely agree with you about the viruses- antivirus software used to be a proper drain on a laptops meagre resources but these days with decent multicore processors and a healthy chunk of RAM on most laptops its not a massive problem and you barely need it anyway if you're staying on safer mainstream sites.:yes:

I was tempted to get a netbook with my summer wages but instead i think i'm gonna wait and see if anything comes of the itablet :coma:

ReputationRep:
    :hi:

I don't personally like macs very much, though my computer does get alot of viruses :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    :hi:

I don't personally like macs very much, though my computer does get alot of viruses :rolleyes:
    I don't get why everyone's computers get viruses - I mean... How?

Mine's been fine for all 3 years I've been using it, and I didn't have AV for 2 years :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    i think we should start a group for those who are screwed beyond belief for their grades.

i'm such a fool for putting another AAB offer as insurance! i should have gone with biomed
    You are NOT screwed... I mean, I haven't done the maths, but you'd have to get like straight C grades in every A2 module or summit to be screwed.

ReputationRep:
    You are NOT screwed... I mean, I haven't done the maths, but you'd have to get like straight C grades in every A2 module or summit to be screwed.
    it was that exact thought which made me flunk my A2s. i was so laid back thinking i have a good AS back up that i didn't even realise how little revision i was actually putting in for A2s!

i just can't wait to get results day over with...i hate it so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)

:laugh:

Iso, i think TTP is right. You needed like straight Cs (if not less) didn't you, so you should be sorted anyway.

And those dreadful physics exams won't make a difference as they weren't part of you offer. Speaking of which, some MI5 type hacker :ninja: has hacked into the Edexcel system and posted up the markschemes which has frightened me even more. :afraid: Think I should have made the C that Barts were asking for though but it could be close.

I've officially reached panic moade now. :headfire:

[God if there's any time you really want to confirm that you exist and that you want the best for me, surprise me on results day (in a god way)] :angelblush:

ReputationRep:
    I see, well, no point trying to fix it unless the computer is actually worth anything, because fixing it tends to cost loads. Lazy buggers deliberately take longer than they need to in order to fix it... and really, all they do, like anyone does, is go through trial and error.

Do you play games or anything on your computer/laptop?? What I find is that most people pay loads for a new laptop for uni with very high specs, when in fact they don't need that high specs and the price just falls rapidly through the year.
    I've had this computer for about five years now so yeah, it's probably not worth the hassle.

I am not much of a PC gamer either. I'm still leaning towards getting a MacBook though! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't get why everyone's computers get viruses - I mean... How?

Mine's been fine for all 3 years I've been using it, and I didn't have AV for 2 years :p:
    Hmm, suppose it depends which websites you visit :ninja:

ReputationRep:

I've officially reached panic moade now. :headfire:

[God if there's any time you really want to confirm that you exist and that you want the best for me, surprise me on results day (in a god way)] :angelblush:
    Seconded :p:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2009

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.