Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OriginofSymmetry)
    That was so last year.
    My last year results :mad2:
    But admirable confidence on your part.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    Ah, yes I watched it simply because we did it in A2 English.
    The book is underrated, but then again so is the Tempest, it seems like mainstream works of Shakespeare, such as R&J, McBeth and Lear eclipsed all the others
    My only criticism of the play was the ****** Claudio , the most annoying literary character I ever came accross

Othello > ALL.

Also, the Tempest was **** to read in class. I had to read the part of the bloody troll while is basically raped the poor lass.

ReputationRep:
    Othello > ALL.

Also, the Tempest was **** to read in class. I had to read the part of the bloody troll while is basically raped the poor lass.
    I voiced Antonio in MAAN, and pretty good performance it was too.
    Never read Othello, but the story is interesting
    I saw a **** interpretation of Lear recently, it was boredom personified.
    and what troll? it was a while sinse Ive read it :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    Othello > ALL.

Don't remind me about Othello. Please. :sigh:

I either wrote a ******* amazing essay for the A2, or a ********* terrible one. Please examiner. Believe me when I say Shakespeare was a totally mindless ****-hole. Please? :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I voiced Antonio in MAAN, and pretty good performance it was too.
    Never read Othello, but the story is interesting
    I saw a **** interpretation of Lear recently, it was boredom personified.
    and what troll? it was a while sinse Ive read it :unsure:

Caliban... Not exactly a troll but he was described as having deformities, IIRC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADREAM)

I either wrote a ******* amazing essay for the A2, or a ********* terrible one. Please examiner. Believe me when I say Shakespeare was a totally mindless ****-hole. Please? :sad:

I loved Othello. I was actually considering dumping Medicine for English Lit. because of that play.

ReputationRep:
    Caliban... Not exactly a troll but he was described as having deformities, IIRC.
    Ah, yes, remember him. Miranda is my favourite female character from Shakespeare girls, apart from Beatrice

Constructive criticism So if you stated clear,reasonable arguemnts as to why he was an ****-hole the examiner might rate you

ReputationRep:
    I loved Othello. I was actually considering dumping Medicine for English Lit. because of that play.
    Really? Why would anyone..... :sigh:

It's just alright, I'd say. Othello himself is a bit of a ****** retard though. But Twelfth Night? With Derek Jacobi as Malvolio that was ******* brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    Constructive criticism So if you stated clear,reasonable arguemnts as to why he was an ****-hole the examiner might rate you
    I really hope I don't have an elderly, sensitive feminist reading it though - she'll probably be weeping wildly for humanity as we know it at this very moment ... out there ... in the dainty Edexcel wilderness.

ReputationRep:
    I really hope I don't have an elderly, sensitive feminist reading it though - she'll probably be weeping wildly for humanity as we know it at this very moment ... out there ... in the dainty Edexcel wilderness.
    My teacher told me they select stable, un-emotional people to mark papers, so lets hope you are OK
    I wrote a slightly feministic piece in my exam. Luckily "Doll's House" came up and I did it ages ago :awesome: Oh God, I hope I do get an A in English

ReputationRep:
    My teacher told me they select stable, un-emotional people to mark papers, so lets hope you are OK
    I wrote a slightly feministic piece in my exam. Luckily "Doll's House" came up and I did it ages ago :awesome: Oh God, I hope I do get an A in English
    Wo-hoop, I really hope your teacher's not a scheming liar. :devil:

I'm sure you've done well. :console: There were actually a couple of identical (poetry) essay questions in our mock (that came up in the papers) that we did a few weeks previously though. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Wo-hoop, I really hope your teacher's not a scheming liar. :devil:

I'm sure you've done well. :console: There were actually a couple of identical (poetry) essay questions in our mock (that came up in the papers) that we did a few weeks previously though. :woo:
    Nah, he is a nice bloke, one of the nicest teachers I came accross :angel:
    Thanks, I hope we both rocked
    I had similar sort of luck last year- read an essay on Emily Bronte and the poem of hers came up on the exam Plus my other favourite from anthology, Whoso List To Hunt :love:

ReputationRep:
    you guys dont sleep do you?

:p:

i wish my sleep cycle was that normal :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    I don't want to jinx anything. I'm quite superstitious about these things. I am ******** myself about results day though.
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Fingers crossed indeed. I just want to get it over and done with now. It feels like such a burden. I hope I can enjoy what's left of the summer and the whole of September once results day is out of the way. I haven't even thought about my 18th birthday. :woo:
    I couldn't agree more with both of these! Just want to know whats happening now, so I can sort stuff for Newcastle/BSMS/gap year.
    Hopefully you'll have a lovely birthday celebrating the fact that you're 18 and about to become a med student

ReputationRep:
    Sorry just wanted to mention that I got my unconditional offer today!!! So happy. No they are not A Level results if you all are wondering. I see that results day are coming up for you guys so I wish you all good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magichearts)
    Sorry just wanted to mention that I got my unconditional offer today!!! So happy. No they are not A Level results if you all are wondering. I see that results day are coming up for you guys so I wish you all good luck!
    Congratulations, that's great news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    I couldn't agree more with both of these! Just want to know whats happening now, so I can sort stuff for Newcastle/BSMS/gap year.
    Hopefully you'll have a lovely birthday celebrating the fact that you're 18 and about to become a med student
    I'm sure it won't come to that! Not long to go now though. :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    I saw that film a few days ago in London. Travolta can't act any other type of role to be honest, but he was good in this film anyway. Great action all the way through.

As for results, seriously, good luck man! You've come this far already, I'm sure you'll make it
    Personally I think Travolta has two very different types of role - after all, Saturday Night Fever and Face/Off were hardly the same, were they? :p: (And then Kill Bill was like some gloriously weird mix of the two roles for him)

Anyone here seen Inside Man? Saw it on DVD the other day and felt so disappointed by it. :yes:
    :lolwut: Great film. Spike Lee made it so much more than just a heist film, and Jodie Foster rules. :awesome:

Or simply a shrewd academic. :p:
    Let's make a compromise - shrewd freeloader. :p:

Especially you, JonJon.
    JonJon? Really? :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    I just got told to 'come back in a few months and we'll compare our offers' by a pre-fresher. :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    I just got told to 'come back in a few months and we'll compare our offers' by a pre-fresher. :indiff:
    ?! pre-fresher as in pre-applicant? oh, the arrogance is wonderfully appealing :rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.