Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusx)
    ?! pre-fresher as in pre-applicant? oh, the arrogance is wonderfully appealing :rolleyes:
    Yep, somebody who hasn't even applied yet has decided what speciality they want to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Yep, somebody who hasn't even applied yet has decided what speciality they want to do.
    Link me to the thread!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Link me to the thread!
    exactly what i was about to say. i feel in need of a laugh.
    did you enjoy egypt, !MEna?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Link me to the thread!
    Click me.

The comment I was talking about is like the very last comment on the page, and after that she simply degenerates into spouting sentences that aren't even relevant to the argument.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: Great film. Spike Lee made it so much more than just a heist film, and Jodie Foster rules. :awesome:
    Hmmm, it wasn't so much the acting that I didn't quite like, I guess. Meh, the acting was actually great, come to think of it. I think it was just the overall story line that frustrated me a little - as in I thought it had so much promise, but it just seemed to be somehow cleverer than it actually was, if that means anything to you. I was waiting like a maniac for the 'amazing ending', had this dramatic build-up going see, but it just seemed to end on the same monotonous note it started with.

I'm probably making no sense at all, mind. :p:

ReputationRep:
    You can have a rough idea I guess, but it would take somebody to be decided at this stage.

ReputationRep:
    Click me.

The comment I was talking about is like the very last comment on the page, and after that she simply degenerates into spouting sentences that aren't even relevant to the argument.
    Wow, post #59 is cringe worthy.

You handled it well, I must say. :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusx)
    exactly what i was about to say. i feel in need of a laugh.
    did you enjoy egypt, !MEna?
    Yeah I had a really good time! Some pics are now up on Facebook.

How was your recent trip to the US as well as your 18th?

(By the way, this is completely random but how do you know Wasim?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Yeah I had a really good time! Some pics are now up on Facebook.

How was your recent trip to the US as well as your 18th?

(By the way, this is completely random but how do you know Wasim?)

ooohhh stalkertime

ReputationRep:
    Click me.

Props for the modesty there buddy. You could have anhilated him in one swift blow but you took to the sophisticated approach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    Props for the modesty there buddy. You could have anhilated him in one swift blow but you took to the sophisticated approach.
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Wow, post #59 is cringe worthy.

You handled it well, I must say. :five:
    :top2:

I was highly tempted to just go along, say what I had and then smile sweetly and say your turn.

But then I don't think like that at all, the amount of offers you have is irrelevant to the content of your posts. It was really rather odd to be confronted like that though, and even odder when she realised later on that my points were actually making sense so just tried to insinuate that I was only applying to medicine because of TV shows.

She's one bizarre person, I must say. Still, at least she appreciated my concern.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADREAM)
    Hmmm, it wasn't so much the acting that I didn't quite like, I guess. Meh, the acting was actually great, come to think of it. I think it was just the overall story line that frustrated me a little - as in I thought it had so much promise, but it just seemed to be somehow cleverer than it actually was, if that means anything to you. I was waiting like a maniac for the 'amazing ending', had this dramatic build-up going see, but it just seemed to end on the same monotonous note it started with.

I'm probably making no sense at all, mind. :p:
    I know what you mean. It was very understated, possibly even detrimentally.

Personally, I don't think a big finale would have turned out anywhere near as good as the actual version did. But at the same time, you can't help feeling a little deflated about it. So yeah, I see where you're coming from. :p:

I'd give it 4/5. It was probably a little too clever for it's own good.

ReputationRep:
    JonJon? Really? :indiff:
    :yes:

:ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    August 30th. I think I'm probably the youngest in our year. :o:

I only really think about it when a) I'm on here, b) with friends and they bring it up or c) really late at night when I think about the things that I'm worried about. I should really go to bed and just forget about it but that requires effort. :p:
    You're lucky you weren't born a bit later :p:

ReputationRep:
    Finally chosen my glasses :woo:

ReputationRep:
    It may seem strange, but I always wanted to be an infectionist and a paediatrician, like mother. But I accept the possibility of a) not becoming a doctor and b) changing my mind about specialty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    Finally chosen my glasses :woo:
    You wear glasses? Join the club

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OriginofSymmetry)
    Nah sorry, I don't. Although I did turn down my offer, as did a few other people on here, so it is certainly still possible you could be offered a place. :yes:
    No worries. I know, I'm hopeful but definitely not expectant! What's meant to be will be etc.

ReputationRep:
    :tumble:

Where is everyone these days?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.