Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostphotobooth)
    :woo:

The biochemists do not appear to have an equivilant thread, so I will be residing here for the time being

:

They are too busy being bitter that they have a decent lot of things, and preparing to stab unsuspecting medics in the hope they get locked up so they can experience medicine too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by terpineol)
    They are too busy being bitter that they have a decent lot of things, and preparing to stab unsuspecting medics in the hope they get locked up so they can experience medicine too...
    :rofl:

Not all biochem people are medic wannabes.

But those that arnt want to stab medics for being arrogant tossers for assuming they all want to be them so it amounts to the same thing.

(Original post by HiBear)
    perhaps. but IB threads urgh ...

some IB people have superior complexes.
    Personaly I might prefer that to the legions of people that shout that the exams couldn't possibly be getting easier

ReputationRep:

lol you can. i have no powers over this thread :p:
    Nah, as much as I may maintain that being female and disgustingly left wing there is no place for you in medicine (and it would seem the places you applied agree), you have always taken it in such good spirit that I feel harsh being arsey. I prefer to save it for some of the raw meat eaters that appear around the wider parts of the forum these days.

What is your current situation by the way as regards the whole medicine/sensible option debate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    :rofl:

Not all biochem people are medic wannabes.

But those that arnt want to stab medics for being arrogant tossers for assuming they all want to be them so it amounts to the same thing.

Shhhhhh, they'll hear you.

In honesty though most medics are arrogant tossers. I would in fact say that I think of all the people in my year I am probably one of the best at it.

Now, all I need are those pesky grades so I can stab some unsuspecting medic.... but surely, being a biochemist, stabbing would leave too much of a trail?! The plot thickens.

im going to birmingham to do chem engineering instead

haha. i am going this fall :awesome:

lol you can. i have no powers over this thread :p:
    Chem engineering! That's so different from medicine What made you change your mind? Are you going to do grad med after?! So many
    questions! But I've been absent from this forum for aaaages.

ReputationRep:
    Now, all I need are those pesky grades so I can stab some unsuspecting medic.... but surely, being a biochemist, stabbing would leave too much of a trail?! The plot thickens.

I'd give you some ideas, but that would be consorting with the enemy.

Where are you off to, and what do you hope to do with biochem?

ReputationRep:

In honesty though most medics are arrogant tossers. I would in fact say that I think of all the people in my year I am probably one of the best at it.
    I thought so at first, but you are one of the rare breeds- a courteous arrogant tosser :p: I kind of like your cynicism and sense of homour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Personaly I might prefer that to the legions of people that shout that the exams couldn't possibly be getting easier
    perhaps.

Nah, as much as I may maintain that being female and disgustingly left wing there is no place for you in medicine (and it would seem the places you applied agree), you have always taken it in such good spirit that I feel harsh being arsey. I prefer to save it for some of the raw meat eaters that appear around the wider parts of the forum these days.

What is your current situation by the way as regards the whole medicine/sensible option debate?
    lol :p:
    you know me. i'm always open for banter.

i dont know. i'll just go with the flow
    Chem engineering! That's so different from medicine What made you change your mind? Are you going to do grad med after?! So many
    questions! But I've been absent from this forum for aaaages.
    yeah well i dont know. a lot of things i suppose. but i dont know if ill apply for grad med. it depends. all so depends on many many things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    I thought so at first, but you are one of the rare breeds- a courteous arrogant tosser :p: I kind of like your cynicism and sense of homour
    I think a lot of people find it entertaining.

It has been suggested on a few occasions I should be doing stand up rather than medicine.

I'd give you some ideas, but that would be consorting with the enemy.

Where are you off to, and what do you hope to do with biochem?
    Don't worry, being a biochemist* we'd have ideas of our own

Urmm hopefully Imperial, and after? A Masters in business or something, then maybe the Hong Kong Police Force? Don't ask me questions about the future just cos yours is so obvious**

*pending those grades -_-
    **feel free to correct

ReputationRep:
    Now, all I need are those pesky grades so I can stab some unsuspecting medic.... but surely, being a biochemist, stabbing would leave too much of a trail?! The plot thickens..
    Erm, how about some sprinkles in their coffee ( suh as strychnine, arsenic, or somethign more sophisticated :cool: )? :p:
    Or an injection of deadly virus you isolate in your lab :evil:

ReputationRep:

I am probably an arrogant tosser too to some degree :sigh:
    I hope not but lets face it, odds are against me

(Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    Erm, how about some sprinkles in their coffee ( suh as strychnine, arsenic, or somethign more sophisticated :cool: )? :p:
    Or an injection of deadly virus you isolate in your lab :evil:
    That's soooo amateur :p: We definitely have something much more sophisticated, but obviously, we cannot let you in on it as you are of course, the target in it all

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, being a biochemist* we'd have ideas of our own

Urmm hopefully Imperial, and after? A Masters in business or something, then maybe the Hong Kong Police Force? Don't ask me questions about the future just cos yours is so obvious**

*pending those grades -_-
    **feel free to correct
    This is a conundrum... either you have been lurking for a while and know more than I would assume from a new face, or you are grossly misinformed...

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the party.

You will find hardly any discussion of medicine on here.
    The grouch speaks. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I think a lot of people find it entertaining.

It has been suggested on a few occasions I should be doing stand up rather than medicine.
    Can't you do both? So you will always have an extra gig in lean times :p: If they ever set in medicine

This is a conundrum... either you have been lurking for a while and know more than I would assume from a new face, or you are grossly misinformed...
    Erm, a stab in the dark (no pun intended ho ho ho), but I think you did a post or someone did, on the fact that doing a medicine degree doesn't only pave one path or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    Not overly new, was in impy thread so I know from that

ReputationRep:
    That's soooo amateur :p: We definitely have something much more sophisticated, but obviously, we cannot let you in on it as you are of course, the target in it all
    I am not really at target of yours, rather I'm someone in your position, sinse its Chem I will be doing for the next three years ( Unless a miracle would happen and some medical school would look past my lack of GCSEs) So feel free to confide in me :p:

ReputationRep:
    continue here instead? PLEASE. KTHNX
    If we must. :sad:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.