Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostphotobooth)
    Erm, a stab in the dark (no pun intended ho ho ho), but I think you did a post or someone did, on the fact that doing a medicine degree doesn't only pave one path or something like that.
    That was probably me.

There are a couple of people on here with less loudly voiced ideas along those lines.

My current plan is to do F1, possibly F2, and then do a runner to wherever the money is at the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADREAM)
    The grouch speaks. :eek:
    Hello.

(Original post by terpineol)
    That was probably me.

There are a couple of people on here with less loudly voiced ideas along those lines.

My current plan is to do F1, possibly F2, and then do a runner to wherever the money is at the time.
    Yeah, I think you did a long post on the options one could do after a medicine degree that did not involve becoming a doctor :p:

And tbf, can't really fault the plan of yours!

(Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    I am not really at target of yours, rather I'm someone in your position, sinse its Chem I will be doing for the next three years ( Unless a miracle would happen and some medical school would look past my lack of GCSEs) So feel free to confide in me :p:
    Ooh, a possible colleague

ReputationRep:
    I just logged into and it just seemed all bare, my heart racing like crazy!

Bloody hell, this is nerve-wracking stuff! :eek:
    How many offers do you have?

ReputationRep:
    Hello.
    Why, hello. :hi:

My [albeit anonymous :ninja:] trolling escapades have come to a tragic end. Curse the bloody moderators and the H+R ban they so feverishly inflicted on my wee soul! :sad:

How is life?

ReputationRep:
    How many offers do you have?
    I applied to:

Oxford - interview - rej.

Imp - rej.

KCL - interview - offer

SGUL - interview -offer - withdrew [offer same as KCL, AAA]

UCL English - epic fail :p:

So only just the one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostphotobooth)
    Yeah, I think you did a long post on the options one could do after a medicine degree that did not involve becoming a doctor :p:

And tbf, can't really fault the plan of yours!

Ooh, a possible colleague
    I'm startingto think that Chemistry is my destiny :eek: and medicine is only a distraction. If I don't get any offers this year (most likely) I'll definitely hang my shoes and start horrible revenge plan on medics with you :ninja: :p:
    In all fairness, as I already posted on this thread, many discoveries in medicine were presented by chemist and biochemists, so they are no better than us :yep: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Why, hello. :hi:

My [albeit anonymous :ninja:] trolling escapades have come to a tragic end. Curse the bloody moderators and the H+R ban they so feverishly inflicted on my wee soul! :sad:

How is life?
    Hi, I'm currently doing HCA work, ensuring no coworker is left unoffended across the south of england.

I'm desperate for a change of scene going back to uni, but frankly dreading another sodding year of this crap.

I need to find something interesting to focus on.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm currently doing HCA work, ensuring no coworker is left unoffended across the south of england.

I'm desperate for a change of scene going back to uni, but frankly dreading another sodding year of this crap.

how do yo ulike the whole wiping butts scene? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I applied to:

Imp - rej.

KCL - interview - offer

So only just the one
    :console: All the best for KCL
    I am bloody confident of getting my offer for Chem, but I will be dissapointed if I get <AAB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiBear)
    how do yo ulike the whole wiping butts scene? :p:
    I virtually never do it. My current role involves a huge amount of quality control work ensuring the tea is always drinkable, and the garden nice.

Its practically fraud.

ReputationRep:
    I virtually never do it. My current role involves a huge amount of quality control work ensuring the tea is always drinkable, and the garden nice.

Its practically fraud.
    lol.

tsk tsk tsk.

ReputationRep:
    lol.

tsk tsk tsk.
    My greatest hit so far has been 8 hours all you can eat infront of the grand prix while two italian kids with sniffles played chess.

£12.40 an hour.

ReputationRep:
    I applied to:

Imp - rej.

KCL - interview - offer

So only just the one
    We could have gone to SGUL together. :nn:

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    My greatest hit so far has been 8 hours all you can eat infront of the grand prix while two italian kids with sniffles played chess.

£12.40 an hour.
    :mfing:

**** you get paid well.

meh. i wanna work in the UK as HCA part time.

ReputationRep:
    :mfing:

**** you get paid well.

meh. i wanna work in the UK as HCA part time.
    My mother wants me to apply to her job, as careworker to. I thinl I'll try this one :p: I'm not very squeamish, so I guess I will do OK(hopefully)

ReputationRep:

Its practically fraud.
    Well the whole system would collapse without well brewed tea

ReputationRep:

Haha, always in a sorry state of affairs, you are. :p:

Life will get better, I'm sure. :console:

ReputationRep:
    My mother wants me to apply to her job, as careworker to. I thinl I'll try this one :p: I'm not very squeamish, so I guess I will do OK(hopefully)

ooh can i work there ? :teeth:

£12.40 an hour.
    I think my mum gets that much or thereabouts for being a midwife :/

Methinks she must be grossly underpaid...or you must be grossly overpaid? :p:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.