Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostphotobooth)
    Erm, a stab in the dark (no pun intended ho ho ho), but I think you did a post or someone did, on the fact that doing a medicine degree doesn't only pave one path or something like that.
    That was probably me.

There are a couple of people on here with less loudly voiced ideas along those lines.

My current plan is to do F1, possibly F2, and then do a runner to wherever the money is at the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADREAM)
    The grouch speaks. :eek:
    Hello.

(Original post by terpineol)
    That was probably me.

There are a couple of people on here with less loudly voiced ideas along those lines.

My current plan is to do F1, possibly F2, and then do a runner to wherever the money is at the time.
    Yeah, I think you did a long post on the options one could do after a medicine degree that did not involve becoming a doctor :p:

And tbf, can't really fault the plan of yours!

(Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    I am not really at target of yours, rather I'm someone in your position, sinse its Chem I will be doing for the next three years ( Unless a miracle would happen and some medical school would look past my lack of GCSEs) So feel free to confide in me :p:
    Ooh, a possible colleague

ReputationRep:
    I just logged into and it just seemed all bare, my heart racing like crazy!

Bloody hell, this is nerve-wracking stuff! :eek:
    How many offers do you have?

ReputationRep:
    Hello.
    Why, hello. :hi:

My [albeit anonymous :ninja:] trolling escapades have come to a tragic end. Curse the bloody moderators and the H+R ban they so feverishly inflicted on my wee soul! :sad:

How is life?

ReputationRep:
    How many offers do you have?
    I applied to:

Oxford - interview - rej.

Imp - rej.

KCL - interview - offer

SGUL - interview -offer - withdrew [offer same as KCL, AAA]

UCL English - epic fail :p:

So only just the one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostphotobooth)
    Yeah, I think you did a long post on the options one could do after a medicine degree that did not involve becoming a doctor :p:

And tbf, can't really fault the plan of yours!

Ooh, a possible colleague
    I'm startingto think that Chemistry is my destiny :eek: and medicine is only a distraction. If I don't get any offers this year (most likely) I'll definitely hang my shoes and start horrible revenge plan on medics with you :ninja: :p:
    In all fairness, as I already posted on this thread, many discoveries in medicine were presented by chemist and biochemists, so they are no better than us :yep: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Why, hello. :hi:

My [albeit anonymous :ninja:] trolling escapades have come to a tragic end. Curse the bloody moderators and the H+R ban they so feverishly inflicted on my wee soul! :sad:

How is life?
    Hi, I'm currently doing HCA work, ensuring no coworker is left unoffended across the south of england.

I'm desperate for a change of scene going back to uni, but frankly dreading another sodding year of this crap.

I need to find something interesting to focus on.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm currently doing HCA work, ensuring no coworker is left unoffended across the south of england.

I'm desperate for a change of scene going back to uni, but frankly dreading another sodding year of this crap.

how do yo ulike the whole wiping butts scene? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I applied to:

Imp - rej.

KCL - interview - offer

So only just the one
    :console: All the best for KCL
    I am bloody confident of getting my offer for Chem, but I will be dissapointed if I get <AAB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiBear)
    how do yo ulike the whole wiping butts scene? :p:
    I virtually never do it. My current role involves a huge amount of quality control work ensuring the tea is always drinkable, and the garden nice.

Its practically fraud.

ReputationRep:
    I virtually never do it. My current role involves a huge amount of quality control work ensuring the tea is always drinkable, and the garden nice.

Its practically fraud.
    lol.

tsk tsk tsk.

ReputationRep:
    lol.

tsk tsk tsk.
    My greatest hit so far has been 8 hours all you can eat infront of the grand prix while two italian kids with sniffles played chess.

£12.40 an hour.

ReputationRep:
    I applied to:

Imp - rej.

KCL - interview - offer

So only just the one
    We could have gone to SGUL together. :nn:

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    My greatest hit so far has been 8 hours all you can eat infront of the grand prix while two italian kids with sniffles played chess.

£12.40 an hour.
    :mfing:

**** you get paid well.

meh. i wanna work in the UK as HCA part time.

ReputationRep:
    :mfing:

**** you get paid well.

meh. i wanna work in the UK as HCA part time.
    My mother wants me to apply to her job, as careworker to. I thinl I'll try this one :p: I'm not very squeamish, so I guess I will do OK(hopefully)

ReputationRep:

Its practically fraud.
    Well the whole system would collapse without well brewed tea

ReputationRep:

Haha, always in a sorry state of affairs, you are. :p:

Life will get better, I'm sure. :console:

ReputationRep:
    My mother wants me to apply to her job, as careworker to. I thinl I'll try this one :p: I'm not very squeamish, so I guess I will do OK(hopefully)

ooh can i work there ? :teeth:

£12.40 an hour.
    I think my mum gets that much or thereabouts for being a midwife :/

Methinks she must be grossly underpaid...or you must be grossly overpaid? :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.