Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Nothing gets blown up.

Simple really
    I'm not sure that was the exact reasoning.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing gets blown up.

Simple really
    hey mate

There are tons of good films where nothing gets blown up

Actually, the only one I can think of is Calender Girls :p:

ReputationRep:
    Alas no, I have been on holiday for 2 weeks = no films.

May have to try and watch it.

Movies should be about blowing things up, if I want something with character development i will read a book. Put it in movies if you want but don't let it get in the way of things getting blown up/melted/vaporised :yep:
    Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

I'm not sure what's worse - that paragraph above or Iso saying G.I. Joe is absolutely class. :indiff:

(Original post by Jessaay!)
    Plus, it had John Travolta. I can't deny he was pretty good in it, but I still can't watch him without expecting him to burst into a shakey rendition of Grease Lightning.
    He's actually a pretty good actor. :p: He was awesome in Pulp Fiction and Face/Off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    lets just say it's your type of film :laugh:

Well, when the guy told me I should watch it he laughed for ages :p:

Then when I said i'd ask his mum if she'd seen it he shouted at me not to :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusx)
    well, the lotus detective agency needs something to go on, please :p:
    He's called Carl and is eeeeven shorter than Lemon (in height that is)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    hey mate

What the hell?

You could name pretty much any comedy or drama you wanted, and the only thing you can come up with is Calendar Girls?

ReputationRep:
    He's called Carl and is eeeeven shorter than Lemon (in height that is)
    as i have never seen lemon, this is not helpful. however, i shall do my best and trawl the streets of bradford shouting 'CARL?!' randomly.
    it's not like i'll stand out or anything.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to you lot later, i'm off for a walk :woo:

ReputationRep:
    hey mate

Erm not a fan of that one bringing the total to: 0

(Original post by Jessaay!)
    I'm not sure that was the exact reasoning.
    It is however and important point :p:

(Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

I'm not sure what's worse - that paragraph above or Iso saying G.I. Joe is absolutely class. :indiff:
    :rofl:

Its just me am generally only happy (probably a few exceptions) whit a film when something either gets blown up or apart, turned into glass/melted or there is a war.
    I believe the last film I watched lacking any of those essential plot items was mama mia at christmas when forced to and that just resulted in a day of ABBA songs stuck permanently in my head.

ReputationRep:
    hey mate

Calendar girls is legendary.

ReputationRep:
    that paragraph above or Iso saying G.I. Joe is absolutely class. :indiff:
    how was it not? the only thing it lacked was a comprehensible storyline :laugh:

but then again who needs that when you have Sienna Miller in a tight leather jumpsuit

ReputationRep:
    What the hell?

You could name pretty much any comedy or drama you wanted, and the only thing you can come up with is Calendar Girls?
    Oh I forgot comedies are allowed in certain situations, though they are awarded bonus points if they can also fit in explosions and make them funny :yep:

ReputationRep:
    What the hell?

ReputationRep:
    i went to pilates today and the guy kept saying stuff like 'your colon is happy. your heart and lungs are thanking you.'
    that's my random anecdote for today

ReputationRep:
    i went to pilates today and the guy kept saying stuff like 'your colon is happy. your heart and lungs are thanking you.'
    that's my random anecdote for today
    I am impressed that you colon has feelings :p:

ReputationRep:

Its just me am generally only happy (probably a few exceptions) whit a film when something either gets blown up or apart, turned into glass/melted or there is a war.
    I believe the last film I watched lacking any of those essential plot items was mama mia at christmas when forced to and that just resulted in a day of ABBA songs stuck permanently in my head.
    So many good films don't have anything like that. :p: The Shawshank Redemption, to pick one at random. Or American Beauty. Or Pulp Fiction. Or Forrest Gump. The list goes on...

how was it not? the only thing it lacked was a comprehensible storyline :laugh:

but then again who needs that when you have Sienna Miller in a tight leather jumpsuit
    Generally I prefer films whose target audience isn't pre-pubescent boys with ADD.

ReputationRep:
    seen the G.I. Joe movie?

there's literally an explosion every minute. it's absolutely class!

Biggest heap of stereotypical racist *****.

ReputationRep:
    I am impressed that you colon has feelings :p:
    you and me both. i wasn't aware that it had the capacity to be happy other than when i've eaten ice cream.

ReputationRep:
    So many good films don't have anything like that. :p: The Shawshank Redemption, to pick one at random. Or American Beauty. Or Pulp Fiction. Or Forrest Gump. The list goes on...

Generally I prefer films whose target audience isn't pre-pubescent boys with ADD.
    never watched, never watched, never watched and boring (even if it does have a war in it sort of) :p:

As for the second point you don't need the be pre-pubescent with ADD to appreciate it though :yep:

ReputationRep:
    you and me both. i wasn't aware that it had the capacity to be happy other than when i've eaten ice cream.
    Exactly!

I was told on holiday I could have a rejuvenating face treatment that would oxygenate all 5 layers of my skin, I wasn't aware I had that many!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.