Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    i missed out
    You mean you missed out on AEAs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Big news. You know the smelly pencils, smencils? I have colouring smencils :O
    OH MY GOD.
    I NEED SOME SMENCILS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    OH MY GOD.
    I NEED SOME SMENCILS.
    smencils :teeth:

I used to have some smelly gel pens which were lovely!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    smencils :teeth:

I used to have some smelly gel pens which were lovely!
    I'm going to have to get some smencils and smelly gel pens, I don't yet know whether I'll understand the work, but at least I'll be able to make it smell good.

I keep getting moments of realisation when I remember I'm actually going to be a fresher soon and I'll be able to learn something I'm (hopefully) going to be interested in :woo: :woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelly^2)
    Hey guys! The good news is I got AAAaa, the bad news is I rang Aberdeen and the woman basicall said she couldn't give me any info with regards to places, and that I should email and expect to hear back next week.
    I'm so happy for you, you're sorted for next year hun! :hugs:

(Original post by Jessaay!)
    Speaking of Hep B, I finished my vaccine course yesterday. I now don't have Hep B and unless something is seriously wrong, I can't get it
    I'm having my last dose in about two week's time. The nurse actually loves me.
    I can't wait to tell her that I'm in - she was just as, if not, more worried than me about today ahaha! :shh:

Oh and I'm going to be celebrating my 18th at Reading Festival next week! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Well, I might still have Hep B so your hopes aren't dashed yet... :p:

I might have it too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OriginofSymmetry)
    I might have it too.
    Well that's very unfortunate

ReputationRep:
    Evening all. Congrats and all to you results day people, gotta love that unconditional feeling! Got my accommodation info today at last, Wolfson House - i.e. roll out of bed to get to lectures

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OriginofSymmetry)
    I might have it too.
    Im going to get checked for immunity at my GP's and then, maybe have a booster, sinse my last vaccination was at 13

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    Got my accommodation info today at last, Wolfson House - i.e. roll out of bed to get to lectures
    Cool, not the same but I'll be at Horton Halls - i.e roll out of bed to get stabbed.

TOOTIN' HERE I COME! :borat:

ReputationRep:
    I just want to say, congratulations to all 2009 fresher medics. I feel that we have all been on a journey together and it must be so amazing to know that you are definitely going to medical school in 4 weeks and congratulations for getting through the hell that is UCAS! As for me i will have to wait another 3 weeks until i can hopefully post any news as my chemistry results were shocking to say the least: AAAAEU, thus missing my offer. Therefore my med school place is on hold at the moment until the remarks come through - i really hope edexcell have made a clerical error. I feel quite out of place posting in here now, as i think i may have to do some jan resits so will suspend my (admittedly poor) posting until i know for anythign for definite. Once again, congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    i ******* got accomodation.

IT'S RESULTS DAY. i thought i would be waiting until mid september.

and i saw the sounds. they are awesome live :coma:

overall awesome day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccy.)
    ************* boats!

ReputationRep:
    I've been given a really ****** accomodation. It's single rooms that aren't in flats even though its self catered (as most of the building is catered there). It's so far away from uni and they're not even being helpful about an appeal. I applied four days after I received my offer to study medicine. Four ******* days. Not pleased.

ReputationRep:
    I've been given a really ****** accomodation. It's single rooms that aren't in flats even though its self catered (as most of the building is catered there). It's so far away from uni and they're not even being helpful about an appeal. I applied four days after I received my offer to study medicine. Four ******* days. Not pleased.
    That sounds rubbish :hugs: I don't know how accommodation works at Newcastle but I know when I arrived here the first weekend, loads of people were unhappy with where they were and changed accommodation - maybe that might work :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    That sounds rubbish :hugs: I don't know how accommodation works at Newcastle but I know when I arrived here the first weekend, loads of people were unhappy with where they were and changed accommodation - maybe that might work :dontknow:
    They've said that that could be a possibility but only a few weeks after I've moved in and only if someone else wants to swap. No one wants to live where I've been given, so looks like I'm stuck with it. I was really ecstatic about Newcastle but this is just making me dread it

ReputationRep:
    They've said that that could be a possibility but only a few weeks after I've moved in and only if someone else wants to swap. No one wants to live where I've been given, so looks like I'm stuck with it. I was really ecstatic about Newcastle but this is just making me dread it
    Maybe you could get a doctors note claiming you need to be closer to the uni for mental health reasons :ninja: (the mental health reasons being you'd go insane :p:)

ReputationRep:
    What's happening the the medicine forum awards? It seemed like a good idea and I never got the chance to vote :woo:

And congrats to everyone who got in :party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex D)
    What's happening the the medicine forum awards? It seemed like a good idea and I never got the chance to vote

And congrats to everyone who got in
    You can still vote until midnight tonight :yep: instructions in the green titled sticky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sd91)
    I just want to say, congratulations to all 2009 fresher medics. I feel that we have all been on a journey together and it must be so amazing to know that you are definitely going to medical school in 4 weeks and congratulations for getting through the hell that is UCAS! As for me i will have to wait another 3 weeks until i can hopefully post any news as my chemistry results were shocking to say the least: AAAAEU, thus missing my offer. Therefore my med school place is on hold at the moment until the remarks come through - i really hope edexcell have made a clerical error. I feel quite out of place posting in here now, as i think i may have to do some jan resits so will suspend my (admittedly poor) posting until i know for anythign for definite. Once again, congratulations!
    Sorry to hear that Although wouldn't your chem results give you at least a C overall? :hmm: At least Soton haven't rejected you outright so that sounds promising as they don't seem to do that for many

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.