The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5340
Hygeia
You can still vote until midnight tonight :yep: instructions in the green titled sticky :smile:

Thanks Hygeia :biggrin:
Alex D
Thanks Hygeia :biggrin:

Erm, Alex, sinse you had ABB in the first sitting, did you do a re-sit? Was it a single module re-sit , like I'm planning to do or the whole year?
And how far were you off the mark first time around? Im sorry to bother you, its just that I need some reassurance right now :cry:
Reply 5342
Urgh :s-smilie:

Beb aback after a long-awwaitedn ap :/
Reply 5343
oh esys excllnent accomdatinnja!!!!!!! in north lndogn (camdbn/hampsfdd)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 5344
Alex D
Sorry to hear that :frown: Although wouldn't your chem results give you at least a C overall? :hmm: At least Soton haven't rejected you outright so that sounds promising as they don't seem to do that for many :smile:

I have a C overall but one of my offer conditions was to get a C in unit 5 specifically, which I haven't done. I've sent off for a priority remark but my teachers and exams officer think it's a long shot, even though they said they would be surprised if i had anything lower than a C in that unit, which i don't really understand. I really do hope that the remarks work but to go from an E to a B just seems so unlikely so i think i may either resit in january or do AS and A2 in one year. Idk - im so confused and distruaght atm - i just cant get my head round how i've missed it.
AutVinceriAutMori
Erm, Alex, sinse you had ABB in the first sitting, did you do a re-sit? Was it a single module re-sit , like I'm planning to do or the whole year?
And how far were you off the mark first time around? Im sorry to bother you, its just that I need some reassurance right now :cry:

No re-sit, he just took a tree branch and beat the admissions tutors at Southampton until they gave him an offer :woo:
Reply 5346
crazyferret
No re-sit, he just took a tree branch and beat the admissions tutors at Southampton until they gave him an offer :woo:

awesome.

hahahaha anyone remember when we were going to set fire to the UKCAT office?

ah those were the days. :p:
crazyferret

I wish I knew that beforehand, I would have pummeled Birmingham admissions dean until they gave me an offer :p:
AutVinceriAutMori
I wish I knew that beforehand, I would have pummeled Birmingham admissions dean until they gave me an offer :p:

Don't worry, the angry mob of parents did that to him after the open day talk :mmm:
crazyferret
Don't worry, the angry mob of parents did that to him after the open day talk :mmm:

:mob: :p: I wonder what his responce was - "Should have done that to your kid when he/she was doing GCSE's" :biggrin:
Im planning to re-sit and get AAA no matter what, but with my GCSE problem re-applying is not an option :cry:
It still hasn't sunk in yet! I feel like I'm on cloud nine! :daydreaming:

:hoppy:
AutVinceriAutMori
:mob: :p: I wonder what his responce was - "Should have done that to your kid when he/she was doing GCSE's" :biggrin:
Im planning to re-sit and get AAA no matter what, but with my GCSE problem re-applying is not an option :cry:

Do more GCSE's in your spare time? The science ones and maths should be a doddle now. You could do something like GCSE stats and some namby pamby ones like general studies to make up the numbers? :stupido: Most medical schools don't seem to care what you do for GCSE's (apart for maths and english and for med the sciences) so knock yourself out on the easy ones.
Reply 5352
i love ferretface.

:hi: how are everyones heads today? only one drunken text from a forum member, standards are slipping!!
Reply 5353
ADREAM
oh esys excllnent accomdatinnja!!!!!!! in north lndogn (camdbn/hampsfdd)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh dear :p:
crazyferret
Do more GCSE's in your spare time? The science ones and maths should be a doddle now. You could do something like GCSE stats and some namby pamby ones like general studies to make up the numbers? :stupido: Most medical schools don't seem to care what you do for GCSE's (apart for maths and english and for med the sciences) so knock yourself out on the easy ones.

No, but with my A-Level re-takes and degree study and voluntary jobs, I might not have any time :banghead:
Besides, even best GCSE grades can't help you if your A levels are crap like mine (ABB), and by the time my retake results come back I will be on a second year of study of Chem, after which Im not going to go anywhere until I get a degree. And if I want to get into postgrad med I need a first, again that takes a lot of time and dedication
I want to re-take A-Levlels for the sake of future employment, not for getting into undergard med :o:
beccy.
i love ferretface.

:hi: how are everyones heads today? only one drunken text from a forum member, standards are slipping!!

Oh yeah, sorry about that :o:
I keep thinking I'm still waiting for my results.
Then I realise I'm not :biggrin:

In other news, I only lost 11 UMS this year in Biology. :hoppy: My best mark. Hopefully my teachers are proud, I couldn't find any of them yesterday.
beccy.
i love ferretface.

Well I don't have your phone number :p:

Booze is best when someone else buys it for you :yep:
Reply 5358
i am so completely knackered. but i think i've celebrated results properly!
crazylemon
Well I don't have your phone number :p:

Booze is best when someone else buys it for you :yep:

I was *this* close last nght to bleating out a drunken rendition down the phone of Lloyd Webber's Joseph masterpiece :flute:

Latest

Trending

Trending