Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyferret)
    I was *this* close last nght to bleating out a drunken rendition down the phone of Lloyd Webber's Joseph masterpiece :flute:
    :lolwut: to who?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccy.)
    i love ferretface.

:hi: how are everyones heads today? only one drunken text from a forum member, standards are slipping!!
    Well, if you give me your number then I can give you a drunken text, i'm going out tomorrow night :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I won a pen the other day :proud:

But it doesn't write :sad:

ReputationRep:
    You know you had a good night if you wake up the next day still inebriated. :awesome:

I got the highest mark in the year for AS Biology, despite not revising at all because it wasn't in my offer. That year is going to be screwed next year. :s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    You know you had a good night if you wake up the next day still inebriated. :awesome:

I got the highest mark in the year for AS Biology, despite not revising at all because it wasn't in my offer. That year is going to be screwed next year. :s:
    What makes you say that?

ReputationRep:

That IS a good night.
    The only nights I don't like are when you didn't drink amazing amounts, but wake up feeling incredibly dehydrated. That sucks. (I don't get hangovers that often )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    What makes you say that?
    Well if he got the best marks without revision, and they revised but didn't do amazingly well, they're screwed.

ReputationRep:
    Just worked out my best subject was actually maths :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    Well if he got the best marks without revision, and they revised but didn't do amazingly well, they're screwed.
    Not really, he could just be very bright.

I got 99/100 in a module I did next to no work for.

Unless his marks were also bad doesn't necessarily mean they will fail.

ReputationRep:
    What makes you say that?
    Cause it was a pathetic, almost embarrasingly easy course (to the extent where 20% of one piece of coursework's marks were on stating what colour something was), and for a class where the vast majority spent a fortune going on trips and revision guides, and who apparently did a lot of revision in their own time, not to be able to do as well as a student who did none of the above is shocking, and isn't going to bode well for them applying to Uni.

I took Biology last year because I thought it might be interesting and teach me something new. And all it did was make me thank God that I wasn't born a year later and be doing all of the new specs. Sorry for the bit of a rant, but the entire course really pissed me off last year, it had clearly been put together by someone who has no interest in students actually learning anything, or developing any skills of their own.

ReputationRep:

I revised like mad for chem and did crap in it, whereas I only did some work on english during the lessons and got A's in all three modules. The irony is that I would have gladly swapped grades between the two :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    I revised like mad for chem and did crap in it, whereas I only did some work on english during the lessons and got A's in all three modules. The irony is that I would have gladly swapped grades between the two :sad:
    My chemistry teacher gave me a very nice hug :yep:

(just thought i'd share that with you)

ReputationRep:

Intelligence didn't really come into it. There was no independent thoughts, interpretation, or understanding involved. It was just stating rigidly and without creativity certain lines. And that should favour those who revise, not the bright.

(Original post by Jessaay!)
    That IS a good night.
    The only nights I don't like are when you didn't drink amazing amounts, but wake up feeling incredibly dehydrated. That sucks. (I don't get hangovers that often )
    I have a refreshing clear head today. Only problem is I've lost my voice and my co-ordination is a bit off. :p:

One thing I love is that no matter what else I drink, or how much, I always wake up with the taste of an ice-cream shot in my mouth. It's quite pleasant.

ReputationRep:

Who said that?
    Your school was clearly very good at teaching you, however some schools aren't like that. You can't go in just "knowing" things without having known some of it first, so if Jonny knew things despite not revising that the others didn't when they did revise, they don't have a lot of hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    Just worked out my best subject was actually maths :rofl:
    mine was english. ironic, isn't it!

ReputationRep:
    Intelligence didn't really come into it. There was no independent thoughts, interpretation, or understanding involved. It was just stating rigidly and without creativity certain lines. And that should favour those who revise, not the bright.

I have a refreshing clear head today. Only problem is I've lost my voice and my co-ordination is a bit off. :p:

One thing I love is that no matter what else I drink, or how much, I always wake up with the taste of an ice-cream shot in my mouth. It's quite pleasant.
    Oh my co-ordination is off after an evening of drinking, I was a hilarious sight on the way back from france, I walked into the coach instead of stepping on it, luckily though I didn't have a headache.

Ice-cream shots? :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    My chemistry teacher gave me a very nice hug :yep:

(just thought i'd share that with you)
    My Chemistry teacher said "Well done" and I said "its not a "Well done " John, its a bloody failure" I want to blame him for his teaching but I rrealise that I can't - no matter how crappy it was I still should done done better by myself, simply because we are all responsible for ourselves :stupido:
    My Biology teacher was very sweet though, he is my favourite :love:

P.S What was your offer @ Exeter and what grades did you get?

ReputationRep:
    My best subject was biology, it used to be english! AWESOME.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusx)
    mine was english. ironic, isn't it!
    All hail english!

I don't miss it, however.

ReputationRep:
    Cause it was a pathetic, almost embarrasingly easy course (to the extent where 20% of one piece of coursework's marks were on stating what colour something was), and for a class where the vast majority spent a fortune going on trips and revision guides, and who apparently did a lot of revision in their own time, not to be able to do as well as a student who did none of the above is shocking, and isn't going to bode well for them applying to Uni.

I took Biology last year because I thought it might be interesting and teach me something new. And all it did was make me thank God that I wasn't born a year later and be doing all of the new specs. Sorry for the bit of a rant, but the entire course really pissed me off last year, it had clearly been put together by someone who has no interest in students actually learning anything, or developing any skills of their own.

That does sound pretty bad actually. Few at my school were a bit like that.
    The course work thing sound pretty bad, even worse than our chem last year. And apparently exams are not getting easier, kids have been getting smarter year on year for 27 years :rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.