The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

crazylemon
:sigh:

I epitomise the failure of A Levels :king1:

I ended up taking bloody C2 about 4 times :woo: I always thought it's easy, I'll get 95+ this time then I didn't revise for it and kept getting 80 something :p:
I don't see resits are a problem. :dontknow:
Jessaay!
I did 2 resits overall.
It's quite fair usually, you can have an off day and just want a safety net. I didn't even need the resits, in the end, but it's safer and I don't think it made it easier, you still have to sit the exams.

Oh I can see why its useful to be able to resit a modules once due to ex. circumstances.

I did one, didnt need it.

And it does make it easier as you have more chances to suceed, 2 papers to have a go at.
crazylemon
Have you already resat most of the modules already?

No :nah: I only re-sat one Chem module once, and never done resits in any other modules or subjects. My teacher remarked that its not entirely fair that I never done any re-sits in Biology and got a B, whereas someone else could re-sit few times and scratch up to an A and not many people would kniw the difference
I will re-sit the synoptic modules only, because they were the ones that tripped me up - why I don't understand, sinse I worked hard on those, asked plenty of questions to my teachers, done wider reading, and generally understood the content. The only thing that could have played a part I think was my short attention span
crazyferret
I epitomise the failure of A Levels :king1:

I ended up taking bloody C2 about 4 times :woo:

:facepalm2:

You do
I ate two different fruits yesterday :woo:

And my first apple of the year! It was quite nice :yep:
AutVinceriAutMori
No :nah: I only re-sat one Chem module once, and never done resits in any other modules or subjects. My teacher remarked that its not entirely fair that I never done any re-sits in Biology and got a B, whereas someone else could re-sit few times and scratch up to an A and not many people would kniw the difference
I will re-sit the synoptic modules only, because they were the ones that tripped me up - why I don't understand, sinse I worked hard on those, asked plenty of questions to my teachers, done wider reading, and generally understood the content. The only thing that could have played a part I think was my short attention span

Exactly, I know many that have done that.
crazyferret
Also AVAM if you want to resit anything and you were on the old spec I think only the A2 modules are available for the final time in January. :dontknow:

Yes, I know, and its the synoptics I lost my marks on, and they are the ones I will have to re-sit. I shudder to think about new practicals and courseworks but meh, the ends justify the means
normalothercitrusfruit
I ate two different fruits yesterday :woo:

And my first apple of the year! It was quite nice :yep:

Love apples, they rock. I also like Citrus fruit :teeth: I tried growing an orange from a pip, but it wilted :frown: Pomegranate and a fig are still doing well though :p:
AutVinceriAutMori
Love apples, they rock. I also like Citrus fruit :teeth: I tried growing an orange from a pip, but it wilted :frown: Pomegranate and a fig are still doing well though :p:

Actually I ate a citrus fruit yesterday, it felt like cannibalism :sad:

Does a glass of orange juice count as one of your five a day?
normalothercitrusfruit
Actually I ate a citrus fruit yesterday, it felt like cannibalism :sad:

Does a glass of orange juice count as one of your five a day?

I think it does ! i always get my 5 a day :yep:
crazylemon
Exactly, I know many that have done that.

I wish I did that back then, but because I only missed my a's by few marks I assumed Ill make up to that later on :frown:
AutVinceriAutMori
I think it does ! i always get my 5 a day :yep:

I often have more than five a day, but they're not as healthy as fruit :p:
normalothercitrusfruit
I often have more than five a day, but they're not as healthy as fruit :p:

:laugh: Five shots you mean, you naughty cannibal citrus :p:
AutVinceriAutMori
:laugh: Five shots you mean, you naughty cannibal citrus :p:

Um, yeah, maybe

And by the law of the fruit bowl, if the fruit has been picked it may be eaten
normalothercitrusfruit
Um, yeah, maybe

And by the law of the fruit bowl, if the fruit has been picked it may be eaten

the law of the fruit bowl in my house is that the fruit which is easiest to eat is eaten first- so citruses, mangoes, and passionfruit languish at the bottom until all the apples, pears, bananas and stone fruit are consumed
AutVinceriAutMori
the law of the fruit bowl in my house is that the fruit which is easiest to eat is eaten first- so citruses, mangoes, and passionfruit languish at the bottom until all the apples, pears, bananas and stone fruit are consumed

i've heard of some of those fruit :proud:
Reply 5417
nothing wrong with resits, last summer i did 2 chem resits and they really helped with the chem 4 paper i was supposed to be doing and one of the resits went up from 78ums marks to 118 it was fantastic :biggrin:
I dislike resits. Mainly because I never took one, and yet if I had cocked up one of my exams in June so I ended up with a B, I wouldn't be allowed to resit it and reapply to some Unis (as they have policies that qualifications must be obtained within two years), yet someone who had come a cropper earlier and resat would have been accepted. It just smacks of double standards.

Also, I know somebody who started off on an E and just solidly kept sitting down and resitting until he managed to drag his mark up to an A, simply by virtue of the papers being pretty much the same. Should that A be worth the same as one obtained first time?

Personally, I think that any resits should have to be declared along with grades. So you can get a direct comparison rather than them all seeming the same. And also it would mean you could explain your situation if you had mitigating circumstances, so it wouldn't discriminate against you.
jonnyofengland
I dislike resits. Mainly because I never took one, and yet if I had cocked up one of my exams in June so I ended up with a B, I wouldn't be allowed to resit it and reapply to some Unis (as they have policies that qualifications must be obtained within two years), yet someone who had come a cropper earlier and resat would have been accepted. It just smacks of double standards.

Also, I know somebody who started off on an E and just solidly kept sitting down and resitting until he managed to drag his mark up to an A, simply by virtue of the papers being pretty much the same. Should that A be worth the same as one obtained first time?

Personally, I think that any resits should have to be declared along with grades. So you can get a direct comparison rather than them all seeming the same. And also it would mean you could explain your situation if you had mitigating circumstances, so it wouldn't discriminate against you.

I agree

Latest

Trending

Trending