Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    i've heard of some of those fruit :proud:
    Passionfuit is the best :drool: the only fruit I dislike are coconuts(taste like soap) and avocadoes (bland and oily)
    My family has a thing about trying new stuff :p:

ReputationRep:
    Avocadoes, however, are fantastic as guacamole and in avocado and chicken salad with vinegar on them. They're also very good for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    Avocadoes, however, are fantastic as guacamole and in avocado and chicken salad with vinegar on them. They're also very good for you.
    They are a healthy choice, but I never liked them even in guacamole :p: But apparently mangoes are great too- for vitamin D intake that is. Actually, most fruit are good for you apart from bananas :evilbanana:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    They are a healthy choice, but I never liked them even in guacamole :p: But apparently mangoes are great too- for vitamin D intake that is. Actually, most fruit are good for you apart from bananas :evilbanana:
    Bananas ARE good for you. Vitamin B6, Fibre, Potassium, Vitamin C (I think) etc etc. They're especially good in a morning though for a wake up

ReputationRep:
    Avocadoes are fruit? I didn't know that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    What did you think they were?
    I assume you thought vegetable would be slightly worried if you thouhg they were meat :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    they're vegetables..
    nope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    What did you think they were?
    I assume you thought vegetable would be slightly worried if you thouhg they were meat :p:
    Yeah, I guess I always just thought they were vegetables. Although to be honest I've never really given it that much thought.

(Original post by Isometrix)
    What did you write? It always makes me more curious when people delete their messages.

ReputationRep:
    seems like you lot had a very good yesterday

im going to have a very good tonight :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, they are and watermelons and melons are not fruit :yep:

(Original post by Jessaay!)
    Bananas ARE good for you. Vitamin B6, Fibre, Potassium, Vitamin C (I think) etc etc. They're especially good in a morning though for a wake up
    Yes, but starch content :p: I didnt know they contain Vit C although who knows :p: I love bananas that are still a bit green and firm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiBear)
    seems like you lot had a very good yesterday

im going to have a very good tonight :awesome:
    Housewarming party congrats on accom, its a good place!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I guess I always just thought they were vegetables. Although to be honest I've never really given it that much thought.

What did you write? It always makes me more curious when people delete their messages.
    I quoted it before delete, posted above

ReputationRep:
    Housewarming party congrats on accom, its a good place!
    haha? nah it's a friend's bf's party.
    he's hungarian, so langos for snacks lol!

but thanks
    yeah it seems great =] im satisfied :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, they are and watermelons and melons are not fruit :yep:
    That can't be true... can it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiBear)
    haha? nah it's a friend's bf's party.
    he's hungarian, so langos for snacks lol!
    Oh great,have nice time :party:

The only hungarian dish i know is goulash and its one of my favourites :p: My mum does it well, and she said Hungarian food is great ( she visited it few times) I like Swedish cooking too, as far as cakes and buns go.
    But italian and russian are my favourite :drool:

ReputationRep:
    That can't be true... can it?
    Well, I've read somewhere that because they contain lots of seeds(pips) in their flesh, similarly to proper berries they are classed as large berries:
    Yeah, yeah. Anti-oxidants. Great. But what about this berry thing? How can a watermelon be a berry?

Here's how. A berry is " a simple fleshy fruit that usually has many seeds". Now there are three kinds of "true berries": (1) Smooth-skinned berries with entirely edible pericarps, such as blueberries, currants, gooseberries, cranberries, grapes, tomatoes, and dates. (2) Round, leathery rinded berries, such as oranges, lemons, limes, and grapefruits; they are the citrus fruits, referred to as hesperidia. (3) Elongated, many-seeded berries with a tough rind such as bananas, cucumbers, watermelons, and other members of the gourd family; they are referred to botanically as pepos.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I've read somewhere that because they contain lots of seeds(pips) in their flesh, similarly to proper berries they are classed as large berries:
    Yeah, yeah. Anti-oxidants. Great. But what about this berry thing? How can a watermelon be a berry?

Here's how. A berry is " a simple fleshy fruit that usually has many seeds". Now there are three kinds of "true berries": (1) Smooth-skinned berries with entirely edible pericarps, such as blueberries, currants, gooseberries, cranberries, grapes, tomatoes, and dates. (2) Round, leathery rinded berries, such as oranges, lemons, limes, and grapefruits; they are the citrus fruits, referred to as hesperidia. (3) Elongated, many-seeded berries with a tough rind such as bananas, cucumbers, watermelons, and other members of the gourd family; they are referred to botanically as pepos.

read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccy.)
    read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melon
    Pseudo berry but still berry :p:

ReputationRep:

i thought they were vegetables too...wikipedia proved me wrong...as always :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    It seems we've finally run out of things to talk about! Fruit and veg eh? :p:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 9, 2009

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.