ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccy.)
    Haha you don't have to rep me don't be silly
    I will though, not as a bribe :p: but as a token of our friendship

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    I will though, not as a bribe :p: but as a token of our friendship
    Ooo. I like it :five:
    i think i tried to rep you the other day and it hadnt been long enough :confused: i shall investigate

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna vote now :teeth: How's everyone doing anyways? I had a beast of a coach journey from Brighton to London, then London to Yorkshire; 7 hours! If we cut ******* london out, it'd only be about 5....:p:

EDIT: oh, and congrats again to all my fellow 2009 medics :party: :cheers: Don't become poorly in, around or near Southampton for the next few years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    I'm actually working on my sainthood atm, medicine is only a side project that I happen to enjoy

I'm suprisingly interested to see how these awards turn out,
    me too :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    Same here! I actually rush to the door as soon as I hear the post has come through! :teeth:
    Me too :teeth:

Actually, the mail for me was good today AND yesterday. Today I got a top and a skirt, yesterday I got the UCAS confirmation letter. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    You could see it that way.. orrr.. you could perhaps see it as you were the last poster in the thread when i remembered i was trying to do it?
    Your choice
    :rofl:

The rep is the same anyway :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex D)
    I'm gonna vote now :teeth: How's everyone doing anyways? I had a beast of a coach journey from Brighton to London, then London to Yorkshire; 7 hours! If we cut ******* london out, it'd only be about 5....:p:

EDIT: oh, and congrats again to all my fellow 2009 medics :party: :cheers: Don't become poorly in, around or near Southampton for the next few years
    :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    Me too :teeth:

Actually, the mail for me was good today AND yesterday. Today I got a top and a skirt, yesterday I got the UCAS confirmation letter. :woo:
    I got nothing yesterday, but i got the UCAS confirmation letter today. Hopefully something tomorrow - i'll listen out for a loud thud in the morning! :p:

ReputationRep:

For some reason I love travelling in buses or trains, honestly if I had a 7 hour train journey I'd be so so so happy! lol

Congrats to yourself too! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Ooo. I like it :five:
    i think i tried to rep you the other day and it hadnt been long enough :confused: i shall investigate
    You cna rep anyone once a month and I think you repped me once already :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Erm, Alex, sinse you had ABB in the first sitting, did you do a re-sit? Was it a single module re-sit , like I'm planning to do or the whole year?
    And how far were you off the mark first time around? Im sorry to bother you, its just that I need some reassurance right now :cry:
    You rang :hubba:? Hey, sorry to hear about that, although it probably doesn't feel like it, you have done really well :console:

Ok, here comes the essay...;

Last year when I got my results, I evaluated my options and (obviously ) decided to go for a reapplication. I decided that I could reapply to Soton BM5 (don't care about that though :hand: :p:) and BM6 (:borat:) and BSMS. It was an AS module in chemistry that brought me down from an A to a B, so like you're going to do, I decided to resit just that module. However, to cut a long story short, I was rejected by Soton BM5 and BSMS, got an interview for BM6, then got an offer. So, as I was unconditional for BM6, I didn't end up re-sitting that module (although that was due to circumstance with me meeting the criteria for BM6 rather than anything else).

So I'm sorry you didn't get what you were hoping for but it's great you're going to re-apply (Just out of interest, did you get offers this time round?).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    :rofl:

The rep is the same anyway :yep:
    its the thought that counts, eh?

ReputationRep:
    its the thought that counts, eh?
    definitely :five:

ReputationRep:
    You rang :hubba:? Hey, sorry to hear about that, although it probably doesn't feel like it, you have done really well :console:

Ok, here comes the essay...;

Last year when I got my results, I evaluated my options and (obviously ) decided to go for a reapplication. I decided that I could reapply to Soton BM5 (don't care about that though :hand: :p:) and BM6 (:borat:) and BSMS. It was an AS module in chemistry that brought me down from an A to a B, so like you're going to do, I decided to resit just that module. However, to cut a long story short, I was rejected by Soton BM5 and BSMS, got an interview for BM6, then got an offer. So, as I was unconditional for BM6, I didn't end up re-sitting that module (although that was due to circumstance with me meeting the criteria for BM6 rather than anything else).

So I'm sorry you didn't get what you were hoping for but it's great you're going to re-apply (Just out of interest, did you get offers this time round?).
    I have got ABB which is seriuosly crap, considering that I was predicted and was expecting and was working towards AAA
    But because my synoptics in Bio and Chem sucked- C and D respectively :cry: my world came crashing down, earth shuddered, there was a bolt of ligtning and it rained rats all the way home
    The reason its so bad is that my GCSE's are crap too BCC for English, Maths and Citizenship respectively, but I have serious extenuating circumstances for that. however, re-application is pointless, because even if they let me in with my crap GCSE's they would definitely draw a line at A-Level re-takes
    Lack of GCSE's is also a reason why I never got any offers this year
    Thanks for replying/listening/consoling :love:

ReputationRep:
    I have got ABB which is seriuosly crap, considering that I was predicted and was expecting and was working towards AAA
    But because my synoptics in Bio and Chem sucked- C and D respectively :cry: my world came crashing down, earth shuddered, there was a bolt of ligtning and it rained rats all the way home
    The reason its so bad is that my GCSE's are crap too BCC for English, Maths and Citizenship respectively, but I have serious extenuating circumstances for that. however, re-application is pointless, because even if they let me in with my crap GCSE's they would definitely draw a line at A-Level re-takes
    Lack of GCSE's is also a reason why I never got any offers this year
    Thanks for replying/listening/consoling :love:
    Well, BSMS allow A-level retakes without penalty, Southampton let you retake a single A-level (not just a module, i.e. you can retake as many chem modules or bio modules as you need to) without penalty

ReputationRep:
    Well, BSMS allow A-level retakes without penalty, Southampton let you retake a single A-level (not just a module, i.e. you can retake as many chem modules or bio modules as you need to) without penalty
    But GCSE's? Im sure that will be one step too far :p: Besides, by the time my retake results come back, it will be April, so I will have re-apply 2011, and by then I would be doing second year in Chem, and I wouldn't leave a degree just before finishing it
    I'll try to ask those MS's though, maybe its worth a try Thanks again, will rep you on Sunday :p:

ReputationRep:
    Some universities are complete *****. I have a friend who received a suspiciously low mark in one of his modules, and consequently missed his offer. And now the Uni have said they won't take him, even if his grade goes up after a remark.

(Original post by Degausser)
    Yeah a few, I call them dicks.
    I call them family. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    But GCSE's? Im sure that will be one step too far :p: Besides, by the time my retake results come back, it will be April, so I will have re-apply 2011, and by then I would be doing second year in Chem, and I wouldn't leave a degree just before finishing it
    I'll try to ask those MS's though, maybe its worth a try Thanks again, will rep you on Sunday :p:
    You could email the uni's who accept A-level retakes and ask about their policy on your GCSE's and your extenuating circumstances, could be worth a try :dontknow: You'd be able to apply this year to start next year even though you're re-sitting one A-level; have your referee mention it. I think you should be able to do that anyway, could be worth looking into And thanks :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Some universities are complete *****. I have a friend who received a suspiciously low mark in one of his modules, and consequently missed his offer. And now the Uni have said they won't take him, even if his grade goes up after a remark.
    What the ****? That's completely unfair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    What the ****? That's completely unfair.
    If it does improve I'm tempted to tell him to go to a newspaper with the story.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.