Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Some universities are complete *****. I have a friend who received a suspiciously low mark in one of his modules, and consequently missed his offer. And now the Uni have said they won't take him, even if his grade goes up after a remark.

I call them family. :teeth:
    Your poor friend, he must feel terrible I saw unclassified next to my friends name on results sheet at my teachers, I hope there was mistake. She has mitigating circumstances (an illness) but who knows if they will count it
    (Original post by Alex D)
    You could email the uni's who accept A-level retakes and ask about their policy on your GCSE's and your extenuating circumstances, could be worth a try :dontknow: You'd be able to apply this year to start next year even though you're re-sitting one A-level; have your referee mention it. I think you should be able to do that anyway, could be worth looking into And thanks :p:
    No, its thanks to you :yep:
    Your plan sounds quite legitimate, I'll try that as you say But I have to be careful not to get my hopes up- I had so many ups and downs

ReputationRep:
    If it does improve I'm tempted to tell him to go to a newspaper with the story.

Which university?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    Which university?
    Luffbra.

Although it's by no means unique - I've heard of other universities with similar policies.

ReputationRep:
    Luffbra.

Although it's by no means unique - I've heard of other universities with similar policies.
    Luffbra? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    Luffbra? :confused:
    The University of Loughborough.

Or Luffbra, as it is more colloquially known. :p:

ReputationRep:
    The University of Loughborough.

Or Luffbra, as it is more colloquially known. :p:
    aaaah, thats better :p: Why so picky though? It would be understandable if it was Oxbridge or Imperial but Loughborough?
    Or was it Loughborough medical school ?

ReputationRep:
    aaaah, thats better :p: Why so picky though? It would be understandable if it was Oxbridge or Imperial but Loughborough?
    Loughborough's actually a really good Uni. It certainly wouldn't have been struggling to get people to fill up it's courses, hence I guess why it was so strict to the point of unfair.

ReputationRep:
    Loughborough's actually a really good Uni. It certainly wouldn't have been struggling to get people to fill up it's courses, hence I guess why it was so strict to the point of unfair.
    unrivalled in the sports department I hear (or close to it).

And buddy, dont think we haven't all forgotten about you getting a facebook account eh :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Loughborough is very good. As good (if not better) as places such as Birmingham, Newcastle, Lancaster, Manchester, Leeds...

ReputationRep:
    unrivalled in the sports department I hear (or close to it).

And buddy, dont think we haven't all forgotten about you getting a facebook account eh :hmmm:
    have you got one?!
    i wonder if i perhaps have seen it and have no idea..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccy.)
    have you got one?!
    i wonder if i perhaps have seen it and have no idea..
    :facepalm: I am your friend already...

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm: I am your friend already...
    ... see thats what i thought as soon as i posted it.
    i know who you are then thats ok
    worrying that its taken this long to realise.
    sorrry

ReputationRep:
    :flute:

I will get it soon. Honest.

(Original post by Jessaay!)
    Loughborough is very good. As good (if not better) as places such as Birmingham, Newcastle, Lancaster, Manchester, Leeds...
    All of those places are far superior to Lancaster, tbf. At least they don't have to bully students into faking their student satisfaction surveys.

ReputationRep:

All of those places are far superior to Lancaster, tbf. At least they don't have to bully students into faking their student satisfaction surveys.
    i know loads of lancaster students who love it, love their courses etc. i went to visit and i loved it!!
    its not that baddd

ReputationRep:
    ... see thats what i thought as soon as i posted it.
    i know who you are then thats ok
    worrying that its taken this long to realise.
    sorrry
    I'm feeling very undervalued right now

:flute:

I will get it soon. Honest.

I seem to remember you saying that about 4 months ago :p:

ReputationRep:
    oo also has anyone gone/is anyone going to v?
    i ammmm

ReputationRep:
    I heard it was good for sport, thats for sure, can't say anything else. It also depends on the subject- in Chemistry they struggle to fill places in most universites, hence relastively easy to get in, they accepted me almost immediiately in Brum.
    And yes, Aston is quite popular despite not being redbrick and it has a good employment rate for graduates. I could have chosen Aston, but Birmingham campus was more to my liking and straight Chem is more preferable to me :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling very undervalued right now
    i always assumed that you were just someone who had stopped posting, i think :confused:
    im not sure how it happened to be honest i like both you's if it helps? and if it helps (more) im having a right stalk of you now :p:
    and also the matter was made worse by my lack of geography skills - not a clue where sussex is.
    although BSMS should have given me the vital clue that its near brighton..

ReputationRep:
    i always assumed that you were just someone who had stopped posting, i think :confused:
    im not sure how it happened to be honest i like both you's if it helps? and if it helps (more) im having a right stalk of you now :p:
    and also the matter was made worse by my lack of geography skills - not a clue where sussex is.
    I have TP, Bear and Mena as my friends on facebook, yet you are still to add me as a friend :eyeball: :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: Considering you liked both me's ill let you off the hook :p: Though that is some shocking geography knowledge! (I cant talk though, I've confused the atlantic and pacific oceans on many occasions)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.