Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    It does have a fair few, but I quite like the array of colours that greets you when you go on the first page :p:
    oh so who is the guy? :teeth:

[I DO NOT STALK PEOPLE ON FACEBOOK]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADREAM)
    I remember just before my first interview, (KCL), I was in a room with about 20 sweaty, panicky teens all reading from that blue interview book feverishly. I remember going in empty-handed and just saying to myself: '**** it. There's no point panicking. I'll do what I can do, even if it's not enough.'

Went into the interview room with that mentality and the 40ish minutes that ensued was just a lovely, natural conversation with the interviewers where we just babbled on about anything, everything tbh.

Be yourself and keep control. :yes:
    I can imagine you walking into the interview room, and at the very end when they ask if you have any questions, you ask;

"Do you have any idea why I let out this uncontrollable scream when I climax? Girls think it's sexy but i hate it!!" :laugh:

And thanks for the rep man, i really apprectiate it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiBear)

I was wondering the same thing :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I remember just before my first interview, (KCL), I was in a room with about 20 sweaty, panicky teens all reading from that blue interview book feverishly. I remember going in empty-handed and just saying to myself: '**** it. There's no point panicking. I'll do what I can do, even if it's not enough.'

Went into the interview room with that mentality and the 40ish minutes that ensued was just a lovely, natural conversation with the interviewers where we just babbled on about anything, everything tbh.

Be yourself and keep control. :yes:
    My UCL interview was quite relaxed actually. I remember the people I was sat in a room with just sat back and chatting with everyone, which I thought was nice. There was one guy sat next to me, as quiet as a mouse, reading from the blue interview books. He didn't say a word even when I tried to talk to him :p: I wonder if he got in...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    UEA is a lovely place :yep: (happy to answer any questions and provide any help you want )
    Don't know whether voluntary at NNUH will help or not :dontknow: Very possible you'll have come across some of the interviewers while you're there though :p:
    Aw, thanks! I'll let you know.. I need to start thinking about where I'm going to apply to this year (didn't let my mind go there until after results). Got my interview for the HCA job on Tuesday :woo:

ReputationRep:

now you've said that, i've gone and stalked. damn you, hibear! :ninja:

ReputationRep:

Christ that was quick :p:

The guy is Tom He's taking me to chicago. I think that was the point we accepted we were more than friends...

ReputationRep:
    Well, not neccessarily the most knowledgable in terms of your medical knowledge, (haven't even started yet :p:)but you ... I dunno ... just seem to be the most calm and collected of all of us, and thus generally seem to point in the direction of intellect....

Now, nugh' of teh butt lickn'... :p:
    Awesome. Well, thanks!

(Original post by Kelly^2)
    I thought it did too.

I was so nervous at my interviews. I was torn between saying what I thought they wanted to hear and saying what I thought. Does anybody know what they want to hear anyway?! I just can't help thinking it's what let me down and I thought this was the best place to ask seeing as some of you had several offers!
    I'll coach you for £294. :beard:

In all seriousness, don't go to it. You can't be coached for interviews in my opinion, and they'll spend the day giving you vague advice and an awful lot of nonsense (such as dress, visual cues, pausing before any answer to make you seem thoughtful) that will only probably make you feel more nervous on the day. I didn't go to any interview courses, and I don't think they would have helped.

My best piece of advice - just relax. Convince yourself it's not a big deal, they'll either like you or they won't. If you are calm and able to build up a rapport, you're already doing better than 90% of the scared neurotic applicants they've seen. You'll also be better at thinking and answering their questions. It's not something you can really be taught to do either, but you could improve it by putting yourself in high pressure situations just to try and accustom yourself for it. For example, go back to your school and try to give a talk to people applying for the next cycle. You might start off nervous but over the course of it it will do wonders for your confidence. And it will be free.

I think the reason I do well at interviews is that I have a weird attitude towards them. I see it not as a hurdle to jump, or something that I have to impress people at, but a chance for me to see if the place is right for me. So this has the double effect of both making me excited and look forward to them, and also taking the pressure off (because I don't have to impress them). Interviews are a chance for the university to see if you're right for them, so if you're rejected it's not necessarily a bad thing - it just means that place isn't right for you.

Finally, just be yourself. What's the point in pretending you're something you're not, getting a place on a course for that persona, and then spending the next 6 years miserable because it's not right for you?

Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    Christ that was quick :p:

The guy is Tom He's taking me to chicago. I think that was the point we accepted we were more than friends...
    haha :p:
    facebook makes me a stalker.. sorry :puppyeyes:

aw im so happy for you :hugs:

chicago eh?

ReputationRep:
    haha :p:
    facebook makes me a stalker.. sorry :puppyeyes:

aw im so happy for you :hugs:

chicago eh?
    It's ok, I'm a stalker too :woo: If it was the other way round, I'd be stalking now :woo:

Yes, chicago :teeth: staying here: http://www.sofitel.com/gb/hotel-2993...er/index.shtml

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    **** yes!!! I just got a job with Oxfam!!

(2 months after I applied/was interviewed, but still :woop: )

Gonna be one of those annoying street fundraisers from Monday, haha with quite incredible pay (£9-12 an hour)

God knows how the charities afford to pay us so much when we're signing people up for £5 monthly donations? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    I can imagine you walking into the interview room, and at the very end when they ask if you have any questions, you ask;

"Do you have any idea why I let out this uncontrollable scream when I climax? Girls think it's sexy but i hate it!!" :laugh:

And thanks for the rep man, i really apprectiate it!
    It tends to either work as an ice-breaker or a 'OMFG, WHO IZ 'TIS RETARDED BIATCH?!' :blush:

And no worries :hat2:

ReputationRep:

Gonna be one of those annoying street fundraisers from Monday, haha with quite incredible pay (£9-12 an hour)

God knows how the charities afford to pay us so much when we're signing people up for £5 monthly donations? :confused:
    Oh great, you're going to be a sexy charity mugger...

Those girls frequently leave me a tenner lighter.

ReputationRep:

Wait, why are you getting paid?

ReputationRep:

I wouldn't like to do that in my town :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    My UCL interview was quite relaxed actually. I remember the people I was sat in a room with just sat back and chatting with everyone, which I thought was nice. There was one guy sat next to me, as quiet as a mouse, reading from the blue interview books. He didn't say a word even when I tried to talk to him :p: I wonder if he got in...
    Mine was like this too- we all had a massive chat beforehand, all asked how everyone did when they came back, and all walked to the tube station together. My nicest interview by far. Stark contrast: at Manchester no-one wanted to talk to anyone, even though that was basically the point of the PBL style interview!!

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, I started speaking to a few people too with replies of only: 'Yes. No. I'm quite busy at the mo.' Everyone was so bloody silent and just reading through that crappy blue book :hmmm:

A funny site to behold, still :o:

Aww @ the guy :p:

ReputationRep:
    It's ok, I'm a stalker too :woo: If it was the other way round, I'd be stalking now :woo:

Yes, chicago :teeth: staying here: http://www.sofitel.com/gb/hotel-2993...er/index.shtml

i am so incredibly jealous of you right now

ReputationRep:

aw :p:

im sure people stalk me
    my friends stalk me a lot.... :sigh:

wow nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Wait, why are you getting paid?
    :confused:

All of us get paid, apparently :dontknow:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.