Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelly^2)
    :lolwut:
    That's what I did.
    I actually had an argument with her about it, along the lines of me having had 3 hours sleep on average for the last 8 days but not wanting to waste an opportunity when I had it. I mean you only live once, you can sleep at home. Then she said "WE'RE ALL DIFFERENT I NEED 10 HOURS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" :rolleyes: When she got 7 hours one night she complained all the next day about being tired and feeling ill.

Nobody needs 10 hours, 8 hours max.

ReputationRep:
    I hate Sundays! The thought of work tomorrow makes me want to sob.
    What I hate is that when my mother is working I'm free , but when I have voluntary jobs she has her days off :stomp: I need her right now, we didn't have much chance to speak lately and I can't even ask for her advise :cry: because she is either away or tired.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    That's what I did.
    I actually had an argument with her about it, along the lines of me having had 3 hours sleep on average for the last 8 days but not wanting to waste an opportunity when I had it. I mean you only live once, you can sleep at home. Then she said "WE'RE ALL DIFFERENT I NEED 10 HOURS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" :rolleyes: When she got 7 hours one night she complained all the next day about being tired and feeling ill.

I remember reading a study on how any more than 6-8 hours can reduce your lifespan. Very likely ******** but still, the point stands :p:

ReputationRep:
    That's what I did.

Exactly, there is such a thing as oversleeping.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    I remember reading a study on how any more than 6-8 hours can reduce your lifespan. Very likely ******** but still, the point stands :p:
    I thought it was less than 6 hours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    What I hate is that when my mother is working I'm free , but when I have voluntary jobs she has her days off :stomp: I need her right now, we didn't have much chance to speak lately and I can't even ask for her advise :cry: because she is either away or tired.
    Perhaps you could try and reschedule one of your voluntary days so that you and her have a day off together if that's at all possible?

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you could try and reschedule one of your voluntary days so that you and her have a day off together if that's at all possible?
    I only just started them and got the only available shifts . I dont spend much time on them, three hours max, but it breaks my day into inconvenient time slots
    But so far, one of them seems pretty pointless so I might quit soon , and apply somewhere else :p:

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was less than 6 hours?
    I definitely remember it saying more sleep than .... is bad, but it might be less than 6 aswell.

I read it a long time ago but i remember reading a study.

ReputationRep:
    I definitely remember it saying more sleep than .... is bad, but it might be less than 6 aswell.

I read it a long time ago but i remember reading a study.
    They change their minds a lot :p: But the point still stands that nobody needs 10 hours a night.

ReputationRep:
    I've already found that happens sometimes with a couple of my friends. We've always been like chalk and cheese, but sometimes they need to grow up a bit. Like when we went away together a couple of weeks ago, one of them was fine and tried to help organise things, but then two of my oldest friends would just stand there as we were panicking over a map of Edinburgh trying to find where we'd paid to be in 5 minutes time. I also rarely see a couple of them because they're not the going out type, whereas I am, and the conversation is always dry and sometimes quite depressing. The last time I went out with them it was consumed by talks of results day and money. When we were in Edinburgh I lent them £100 in total when I couldn't really afford to either, but still did it. Then when they'd paid me back, despite me having lent them so much money, they made me pay for a potato they bought from tesco which they weren't going to eat anyway :rolleyes: I only ate it because they offered because they wouldn't, and I'd not had chance to bring food to the youth hostel due to the fact I'd literally got back from France at 4pm the previous day. Oh, and also, one of them insists she needs 10 hours sleep a night (bull **** to be honest) and so we had to go back ridiculously early if we went out. :rolleyes: Oh, and they judge me because I've got a boyfriend, along the lines of "people are too quick to rush into relationships".

Anyway, sorry about the rant. In summary, I think sometimes you grow apart from friends, and then the conversation becomes dry and they just irritate you, and I think maybe that's what's happened with you. Seemingly me too, unfortunately.
    You know chalk and cheese don't go together, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Atleast it indirectly makes you laugh :p:
    It kind of makes me cringe ALOT.

I've already found that happens sometimes with a couple of my friends. We've always been like chalk and cheese, but sometimes they need to grow up a bit. Like when we went away together a couple of weeks ago, one of them was fine and tried to help organise things, but then two of my oldest friends would just stand there as we were panicking over a map of Edinburgh trying to find where we'd paid to be in 5 minutes time. I also rarely see a couple of them because they're not the going out type, whereas I am, and the conversation is always dry and sometimes quite depressing. The last time I went out with them it was consumed by talks of results day and money. When we were in Edinburgh I lent them £100 in total when I couldn't really afford to either, but still did it. Then when they'd paid me back, despite me having lent them so much money, they made me pay for a potato they bought from tesco which they weren't going to eat anyway I only ate it because they offered because they wouldn't, and I'd not had chance to bring food to the youth hostel due to the fact I'd literally got back from France at 4pm the previous day. Oh, and also, one of them insists she needs 10 hours sleep a night (bull **** to be honest) and so we had to go back ridiculously early if we went out. Oh, and they judge me because I've got a boyfriend, along the lines of "people are too quick to rush into relationships".

Anyway, sorry about the rant. In summary, I think sometimes you grow apart from friends, and then the conversation becomes dry and they just irritate you, and I think maybe that's what's happened with you. Seemingly me too, unfortunately.
    Literally the guys I hang out with chat about the same things that we chatted about last years. Everytime I talk to my ex he ignores my input into a conversation and talks about himself. Most the guys act like 15 yo's with out any intelligent or even witty conversation, they do like to chorus to random rock songs (the same one) EVERYTIME we meet. They've also got a habit of forgetting to invite me. Act. I gave a present to the bday boy yesterday, he left it at the cinema.:rolleyes: I said to one of them that in the 14 weeks I've been home I've seen them only about 6 times, he insisted it was 24!!?!

AGGGGGGGGH.

Your friends seem pretty selfish in making you pay for a potato!!! Sometimes you have to let the 20p go if the person you are feeding was kind enough to loan you £100. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    It kind of makes me cringe ALOT.
    Literally the guys I hang out with chat about the same things that we chatted about last years. Everytime I talk to my ex he ignores my input into a conversation and talks about himself. Most the guys act like 15 yo's with out any intelligent or even witty conversation, they do like to chorus to random rock songs (the same one) EVERYTIME we meet. They've also got a habit of forgetting to invite me. Act. I gave a present to the bday boy yesterday, he left it at the cinema.:rolleyes: I said to one of them that in the 14 weeks I've been home I've seen them only about 6 times, he insisted it was 24!!?!

AGGGGGGGGH.

Your friends seem pretty selfish in making you pay for a potato!!! Sometimes you have to let the 20p go if the person you are feeding was kind enough to loan you £100. :yep:
    I remember you making a thread about this on H&R and everyone was saying you are jealous :rolleyes: Stupid people- I mean, what's wrong with expecting your friends to be nice to you despite your break up with your ex?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Yes, that's why I said it :p: We're all completely different.

Or am I missing something? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    I remember you making a thread about this on H&R and everyone was saying you are jealous :rolleyes: Stupid people- I mean, what's wrong with expecting your friends to be nice to you despite your break up with your ex?
    Yeh, him and our old mutual friend are being really rude to me all the time and the thing that is getting my goat is that no-one else stands up for me. I can sit in a room with them and no-one with talk to me. Sigh...strange thing is that I really like my ex's new gf, she's really nice! Shame about the self-absorbed ex. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Yeh, him and our old mutual friend are being really rude to me all the time and the thing that is getting my goat is that no-one else stands up for me. I can sit in a room with them and no-one with talk to me. Sigh...strange thing is that I really like my ex's new gf, she's really nice! Shame about the self-absorbed ex. :p:
    Maybe they just want to keep it neutral at all costs :p: Loyalty is a rare thing these days- I once stood up for my best friend, and what do you know, she pretended not to be there when I was arguing with the gilr who was picking on her :rolleyes:
    But seriuosly, your boyfriend and his friend need to grow up- I would even understand if your boyfriend was a bit bitter, but his friend :lolwut:?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, that's why I said it :p: We're all completely different.

Or am I missing something? :confused:
    Oh, it seems I read it in the wrong tone. To paraphrase, originally I thought you were saying, "We always been good friends, but sometimes they need to grow up". However, now I can see you actually intended it as, "We never been close, but occasionally I feel even less close". It was the but that threw me. :p:

My mistake.

ReputationRep:
    Found the study,

http://archpsyc.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/full/59/2/131

Those who sleep more than 8 hours have a significantly high mortality hazard, as do those who sleep less than 6.

ReputationRep:
    That's what I did.

I like getting 10 hours, but I don't need it :p:

I can function on less but I'm just a lazy sod :ninja: I'm guessing at uni I'll get used to having less sleep though :p:

However if you're somewhere you've never been to before/rarely go to/possibly won't go again, you really shouldn't waste time sleeping as it just defeats the point of it... Always rave it up :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Found the study,

http://archpsyc.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/full/59/2/131

Those who sleep more than 8 hours have a significantly high mortality hazard, as do those who sleep less than 6.
    :lolwut:

I should sleep less then :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.