Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Oh, it seems I read it in the wrong tone. To paraphrase, originally I thought you were saying, "We always been good friends, but sometimes they need to grow up". However, now I can see you actually intended it as, "We never been close, but occasionally I feel even less close". It was the but that threw me. :p:

My mistake.
    Aaah, also my bad. Perhaps I phrased it badly. We've been close for a while, perhaps too long, but in personality we're all completely different and now we're becoming, in my eyes, less close and sometimes to the point where it just becomes irritating to be together. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    Found the study,

http://archpsyc.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/full/59/2/131

Those who sleep more than 8 hours have a significantly high mortality hazard, as do those who sleep less than 6.
    Consequence or coincidence though? :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    Aaah, also my bad. Perhaps I phrased it badly. We've been close for a while, perhaps too long, but in personality we're all completely different and now we're becoming, in my eyes, less close and sometimes to the point where it just becomes irritating to be together. :yep:
    It's a crap feeling. It's my birthday on the 2nd and I haven't a single clue what to do. My close girl's don't drink (just one) and the other guys, well they are useless at making it out and tbh I would probably spend the night avoiding them. Maybe I should just get drunk on my own, me and a bottle of so co!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Consequence or coincidence though? :teeth:
    Considering a sample size of 1.1 million, I think we can eliminate coincidence :p:

ReputationRep:
    :lurk: evening all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusx)
    :lurk: evening all.
    Hiya hows things? xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Hiya hows things? xx
    pretty decent aside from the fact that if i move suddenly, i have a jarring headache. which is new. and yourself? problems with the ex?

ReputationRep:
    pretty decent aside from the fact that if i move suddenly, i have a jarring headache. which is new. and yourself? problems with the ex?
    ex and friends had the most excruitiating night last night, literally bored stiff with him and his bessy mate glaring daggers at me. dicks. lol

hmm try a hot bath and a cuppa of tea/hotchoc??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    ex and friends had the most excruitiating night last night, literally bored stiff with him and his bessy mate glaring daggers at me. dicks. lol

hmm try a hot bath and a cuppa of tea/hotchoc??
    eurgh sounds like the best night ever. sod them!
    might do that. maybe it's because i've slept too much-my dad's always saying that i'll get a headache if i do. i just thought he was trying to stop me being so damn lazy hahah.

ReputationRep:
    eurgh sounds like the best night ever. sod them!
    might do that. maybe it's because i've slept too much-my dad's always saying that i'll get a headache if i do. i just thought he was trying to stop me being so damn lazy hahah.
    Sometimes if I sleep too much I feel like crap all day and sometimes going for a run makes me feel class, so maybe go for a jog?? TBH I would stick with the tea cos I'm damn lazy

It was even worse cos I was stone cold sober...

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when people get in moods for no reason, except their own selfish ones :mad:

In other news, post-results day days are boring. :eviltongue:

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when people get in moods for no reason, except their own selfish ones :mad:

Only three weeks to go!

ReputationRep:

They are boring and epressing for me - I dread going back to college for re-takes, I feel sick just by thinking about them
    But for you, Jess, what about pre-university excitement ? And feeling of achievement ?
    If my grades were more acceptable I would have gone mad shopping for new stuff, but as it is I need to limit my budget :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Sometimes if I sleep too much I feel like crap all day and sometimes going for a run makes me feel class, so maybe go for a jog?? TBH I would stick with the tea cos I'm damn lazy

It was even worse cos I was stone cold sober...
    i would if it wasn't RAINING. ahh well, i'm gymming tomorrow. always makes me feel less guilty about downing haagen dazs like there's no tomorrow! damn, at least it's all over now and you know next time that alcohol is the way forward (if there is a next time)
    @Jessaay!: but there's shopping to do! stationery shopping!

ReputationRep:
    i would if it wasn't RAINING. ahh well, i'm gymming tomorrow. always makes me feel less guilty about downing haagen dazs like there's no tomorrow! damn, at least it's all over now and you know next time that alcohol is the way forward (if there is a next time)
    @Jessaay!: but there's shopping to do! stationery shopping!
    There is shopping to do, but I'm going to have to borrow money because for one thing, I have to pay a £525 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) deposit on my accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    They are boring and epressing for me - I dread going back to college for re-takes, I feel sick just by thinking about them
    But for you, Jess, what about pre-university excitement ? And feeling of achievement ?
    If my grades were more acceptable I would have gone mad shopping for new stuff, but as it is I need to limit my budget :sad:
    I wasn't being ungrateful, as a side note, I just mean they're very dull and uneventful because nothing was really planned post-results day.

ReputationRep:
    There is shopping to do, but I'm going to have to borrow money because for one thing, I have to pay a £525 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) deposit on my accommodation.
    :eek: blaaaaaaaaaaddy hell! i thought that the deposits were sort of around £200?! your accommodation sounds pretty good though-and there seems to be a right little medics gang forming!

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't being ungrateful, as a side note, I just mean they're very dull and uneventful because nothing was really planned post-results day.
    Wasn't suggesting that you are ungrateful :nah: I was just surprised, normally, after results day people are in perpetual motion :p: getting wilder and wilder as the time passes

I think I am being ungrateful, sinse people keep saying that Chemistry at Birmingham is respectful enough, and I keep moaning

ReputationRep:
    :eek: blaaaaaaaaaaddy hell! i thought that the deposits were sort of around £200?! your accommodation sounds pretty good though-and there seems to be a right little medics gang forming!
    Yeah I'm actually really pleased with it, I think I made a mistake with College and Connaught. My suspiscions are that they may put people where they think they might be best, but I don't know.

£500 is returnable apparently, it's like an insurance for damages so if you do damage in any way, they deduct it from that. If you do nothing, you get it all back at the end of the year. :woo: then it's £25 on top just for nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Only three weeks to go!
    :nutcase:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.