Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Sadly I was never involved in EMU, more Spirit of Enniskillen :o:

I hated the Academy, they are so cliquey and God Squad....so glad I'm at uni now lol

I know a few people doing med at Cambridge too
    I wasn't involved in either, I was too involved in school matters, being Head Boy, playing rugby and gaelic and having a job in GAME to get involved in Spirit of Enniskillen

God Squad? I call them Bible Bashers :p: Luckily we have none of that in St Mary's

I know 2 medics at Cambride who used to go to my school, and one other boy I know is going to do MML but he's at Homerton which is outside of town

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It could be lupus)
    They could easily see me regularly posting in the Freshers' Thread for Cambridge anyways, so it wouldn't matter if I tried to hide that fact. The first person who PM'd me just wanted advice actually, which I didn't mind

You have not seen spam until you have seen the Freshers' Thread...beleive me :p:
    lol I tend not to care about handing out grades has stopped since I linked a post to them

:sigh: used to be better but most if the other spammers seemed to have vanished. The imperial thread is frankly awful wrt spam I try but one can not spam wholy on your own. Plus getting scary near 10k posts

ReputationRep:
    This prat in alevel thread is devastated at getting crappy AS-levels when she hoped to go to Cambridge mainly because it's a "top uni".

DELUSIONAL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    This prat in alevel thread is devastated at getting crappy AS-levels when she hoped to go to Cambridge mainly because it's a "top uni".

DELUSIONAL.
    :rofl:

linky?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    :rofl:

linky?
    Deluded

One of those people who insist they want to go to a top uni, when they don't have a clue about uni full stop and have the most average grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Deluded

One of those people who insist they want to go to a top uni, when they don't have a clue about uni full stop and have the most average grades.

If you want to see something funny, check this thread out;

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...009458&page=10

Body builders v students :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Deluded

insane :rofl:

'I was a good student...'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    If you want to see something funny, check this thread out;

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...009458&page=10

Body builders v students :rofl:
    I saw that one. Soooo funny :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I saw that one. Soooo funny :rofl:
    Its literally a backwards and forwards flaming war.

"you're just compensation"
    "Noodle arms"
    "gay"
    etc
    etc hahaha

ReputationRep:
    I always feel bad. Its like stupid applicants coming on here and going "I got DDE, can I still do medicine?"

ReputationRep:
    Its literally a backwards and forwards flaming war.

"you're just compensation"
    "Noodle arms"
    "gay"
    etc
    etc hahaha
    Yep

My favourite was the person who said they muscles on his back looked like tumours :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    I always feel bad. Its like stupid applicants coming on here and going "I got DDE, can I still do medicine?"
    If only there was a nice way to say,

"OK ENOUGH, you suck at academia, go start an apprenticeship or something"

Luckily these people are few and far between.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Well widening access maybe.....

ReputationRep:
    Well widening access maybe.....
    Huh?

ARG, I work hard at trying to understand people in other courses, watching them stress out over a 2000 word essay due in in two months or a CC grade requirement! But sometimes I'm like "Holy God you guys have it so so so easy."

x
    Or that some A-levels shouldn't be glorified with a response lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Huh?

ARG, I work hard at trying to understand people in other courses, watching them stress out over a 2000 word essay due in in two months or a CC grade requirement! But sometimes I'm like "Holy God you guys have it so so so easy."
    widening acces scheme need only CCC so possible :p:

But yes some people need to shut it :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex D)
    Anchorman :yep: Because everyone loves some 'yazz' flute :danceboy:
    Not in the mood for a comedy. Plus I don't have it on DVD. :dry:

Plus the best comedy ever created was Airplane! :ninja:

(Original post by Alex D)
    Nah, they're £18 :o: Apparently there's 25% off them atm and I've heard Netter's are really good and I thought they'd be more convenient than the 'physical' cards :p:
    £18? :zomg:

Most I ever spent on an app was for Monopoly. And the best app I ever got was called something like Block Breaker Deluxe 2. It's incredibly good and long, and it only costs 59p. :holmes:

The imperial thread is frankly awful wrt spam I try but one can not spam wholy on your own.
    But the Imperial thread has some awesome people on it like Mithra and Jay. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    cheers for all the replies guys-ended up getting a copy of pocock & richards physiology, seeing as that's on my reading list. was looking for dean & pegington but silly bookshop didn't have it!
    @Alex D: i was looking for the netter's flashcards, but they only had the grey's ones. i was really tempted to get the colouring book :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)

Plus the best comedy ever created was Airplane! :ninja:
    Yes

But the Imperial thread has some awesome people on it like Mithra and Jay. :beard:
    True true

ReputationRep:
    I want an eReader :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusx)
    cheers for all the replies guys-ended up getting a copy of pocock & richards physiology, seeing as that's on my reading list. was looking for dean & pegington but silly bookshop didn't have it!
    @Alex D: i was looking for the netter's flashcards, but they only had the grey's ones. i was really tempted to get the colouring book :teeth:
    I love the colouring book what was it that you were looking advice on? xx

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.