Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    I love the colouring book what was it that you were looking advice on? xx
    whether i should bother spending the money on medical books. and i did. i'll get any others once i'm in london...i know everyone says 'don't bother buying books before you go' but seeing as it's not my money i'm spending, thought i might as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusx)
    whether i should bother spending the money on medical books. and i did. i'll get any others once i'm in london...i know everyone says 'don't bother buying books before you go' but seeing as it's not my money i'm spending, thought i might as well
    I've got a hundred pounds or so of book vouchers, and I'm waiting until term starts to buy books :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusx)
    Well then in that case what books have you got already?

I've bought:

Tortora - Principles of Anatomy and Physiology

Kumar and Clarke - Clinical Medicine

Lippincotts Illustrated Biochemistry

To name a few

ReputationRep:
    Why is my computer so ******* slow? :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    Why is my computer so ******* slow? :mad2:
    Martians, they dont like mind control but they love internet games.

ReputationRep:
    For the guys that wanted to see me in the newspaper:

The box on the top right corner reads:

"Scaryhair (main picture) is jumping for joy after getting one step closer to her dream of being a doctor. The X College students celebrated getting straight As in A level Biology, Chemistry, Maths and French.
    But Scaryhair had to endure considerable pain to achieve those grades. 'I had written so many revision notes that I hurt my wrist' said Scaryhair, of A Road, A Town. 'I had to wear a splint during the exams and couldn't write as well as I normally would'.
    She will be going on to study medicine at Newcastle University.
    'I have wanted to do it for a long time' she said. 'There's a video of me from when I was little wearing a stethoscope and going round telling people what was wrong with them'."
    The bits in italics I've edited to protect my identity somewhat :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)

"Scaryhair (main picture) is jumping for joy after getting one step closer to her dream of being a doctor. The X College students celebrated getting straight As in A level Biology, Chemistry, Maths and French.
    But Scaryhair had to endure considerable pain to achieve those grades. 'I had written so many revision notes that I hurt my wrist' said Scaryhair, of A Road, A Town. 'I had to wear a splint during the exams and couldn't write as well as I normally would'.
    'I have wanted to do it for a long time' she said. 'There's a video of me from when I was little wearing a stethoscope and going round telling people what was wrong with them'."

That is ******* awesome :awesome:

ReputationRep:

But Emily had to endure considerable pain to achieve those grades. 'I had written so many revision notes that I hurt my wrist' said Scaryhair, of A Road, A Town. 'I had to wear a splint during the exams and couldn't write as well as I normally would'.
    Awwwwwk thats so so so so corny!!! Although it is somewhat fantastic as well, remind me to pos rep you just for the cool pic! :p:

and if you wrote that many notes you worked about a million times harder than I

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Awwwwwk thats so so so so corny!!! Although it is somewhat fantastic as well, remind me to pos rep you just for the cool pic! :p:
    I know! That's what they wrote after, like, a ten minute interview :p: :rolleyes: And it's true about the stethoscope thing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    That is ******* awesome :awesome:
    :grin: :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    I know! That's what they wrote after, like, a ten minute interview :p: :rolleyes: And it's true about the stethoscope thing!
    I remember talking to the media after being invited to Buckingham Palace, they took a pile of stuff out of context and had the headline,

"FATAL, Town's very on jewel in the crown"

I was mortified.:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    I remember talking to the media after being invited to Buckingham Palace, they took a pile of stuff out of context and had the headline,

"FATAL, Town's very on jewel in the crown"

I was mortified.:eek3:
    :rofl:

Im still waiting for my local to be released :sigh: It's going to be one massive cringe since I was interviewed and photographed :o:

ReputationRep:

But Emily had to endure considerable pain to achieve those grades. 'I had written so many revision notes that I hurt my wrist' said Scaryhair, of A Road, A Town. 'I had to wear a splint during the exams and couldn't write as well as I normally would'.
    Frame it!

ReputationRep:
    Even though you have a fb box in you sig telling us all it :p:

nice pic

I was not interviewed or nuffin about mine :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)

Im still waiting for my local to be released :sigh: It's going to be one massive cringe since I was interviewed and photographed :o:
    My photo had me looking miserable and greasy haired. Horrrrrible. I'm glad that the photos from the visit turned out a lot better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    Evening peeps. Too many early shifts make me very tired.
    I want to get a job as a HCA, but I'm not sure I'll manage :p: I found a nice sounding job ina hospital, so need to finish my application :p: Is it really living hell, working as a HCA?

(Original post by Alex D)
    Absolutely, that's why I haven't jailbroken :yep: I've filled up all the pages on my iphone with apps..:o:
    Oh, Alex, Brighton & Sussex told me they can still consider me :woo: Mind you, they told me its better if I apply once I get re-sit results
    But thanks for a brilliant advise in any case

ReputationRep:

Despite your best efforts to hide your identity, EPIC FAIL. Read through it again and look for itallics. I have your name in itallics which you hadn't changed

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else read the Vodafone flyer that came with the UCAS letter? I'm seriously tempted to go for the sim only option (600 mins, unlimited texts, and free vodafone to vodafone calls, all for £15), it sounds freaking amazing!

Can't see myself ever running out with that. :p:

How the hell do you jump like that? :zomg:

(Original post by crazylemon)
    I was not interviewed or nuffin about mine :p:
    Same. The press only comes to my school when they want to show how crap the yoofs of today are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    I want to get a job as a HCA, but I'm not sure I'll manage :p: I found a nice sounding job ina hospital, so need to finish my application :p: Is it really living hell, working as a HCA?
    I have a job doing medical research for my local university. Doing a drusen study for AMD :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Same. The press only comes to my school when they want to show how crap the yoofs of today are.

Being from a private school they never want to interview us :sad:

Cant be crap and can't give us free advertising about good grades :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.