Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    I want to get a job as a HCA, but I'm not sure I'll manage :p: I found a nice sounding job ina hospital, so need to finish my application :p: Is it really living hell, working as a HCA?
    Go for it, it's really not that bad. I mean, the novelty of dealing with patients does where rather thin with basic care work, but I'd rather do it than many other jobs. It's physically tiring for sure though, and I ain't no early bird so getting up for half 7 starts beats the hell outta me. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShinyShiny)
    I tell them I am on day release.
    I refused to give household income so they ran away :sad:

Also connextions keep trying to work out I am doing :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    Sorry, should have said that plan + the £5 unlimited internet bolt on option.

Its a brilliant plan. I have friends paying 25/30 for less.
    It does seem rather awesome. Although the phone I really want isn't available on PAYG, which makes me sad. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    It does seem rather awesome. Although the phone I really want isn't available on PAYG, which makes me sad. :sad:
    Which phone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    Go for it, it's really not that bad. I mean, the novelty of dealing with patients does where rather thin with basic care work, but I'd rather do it than many other jobs. It's physically tiring for sure though, and I ain't no early bird so getting up for half 7 starts beats the hell outta me. :p:
    Thanks! I can be an early bird, at a stretch, if I absolutely must get up early :p: And I don't mind physically tiring, I iz a strong girl I don't look forward to dealing with, ahem, human waste, but whatever earns money :p:

ReputationRep:
    Which phone?
    Samsung Tocco Ultra. :coma:

It's a glorious thing - 8 megapixel camera, touchscreen (with a keypad as well so you don't have the difficulties with texts), supports just about every format conceived as far as media is concerned (with up to 16GB of memory), has GPS with google maps and looks incredible.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I can be an early bird, at a stretch, if I absolutely must get up early :p: And I don't mind physically tiring, I iz a strong girl I don't look forward to dealing with, ahem, human waste, but whatever earns money :p:
    Good stuff then, you may as well give it a shot. A very valuable experience if you ask me. The human waste is pretty wrong, you soon become an expert on different types of excrement, and honestly you do get used to it very quickly. I'm personally just a bit bored of it now, after a while it does become routine work, and my brain can just sleep and I can still do the job well.

ReputationRep:
    How did you get such job? Impressive :yep:
    I got offered it on work experience after a consultant seen my CV and said she was extremelly impressed. She offered me the job last year, so I worked last year doing a genetic study with Macular Degeneration to find the gene/allelle responsible for it. I was reading off the base peaks and working out LOD scores to look for the gene/allellee. I was then offered to do it again this summer. The job means I now know a ridiculous amount about ophthalmology, much of which I wont need to know at all as a medical student.

I should have made around £4,000 for working this summer doing it :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I'm a PS Helper! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Samsung Tocco Ultra. :coma:

It's a glorious thing - 8 megapixel camera, touchscreen (with a keypad as well so you don't have the difficulties with texts), supports just about every format conceived as far as media is concerned (with up to 16GB of memory), has GPS with google maps and looks incredible.
    :coma:

It would cost a fortune on pay as you go anyway. Like the iPhone 3Gs, thats like 500 quid :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Already! How? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Can you become one if you are only going to be a fresher from september/october? Otherwise I would

ReputationRep:
    @scaryhair: that picture is freakin awesome!
    we got a guy at our school who wanted to take pictures. there was 5 of us in the corridor just talking, and he came up to us, looked us up and down and then pointed to three of the others and went 'you'll do.' me & my other friend were just like...FINE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It could be lupus)
    Can you become one if you are only going to be a fresher from september/october? Otherwise I would
    Mena starts this year also so it seems you can. I might become one actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Tell us the secret to becoming one :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    :coma:

It would cost a fortune on pay as you go anyway. Like the iPhone 3Gs, thats like 500 quid :eek:
    Yeah. Just had a look on eBay and they're like £250. My current contract ends in September though, so I'm tempted to ring up, ask to quit my contract, and then try and haggle with them for the phone and a decent contract. I did it last time, to wonderful effect.

ReputationRep:
    ahh, it's so annoying; i switch from vodafone to O2 because vodafone's so crap, and THEN they bring out the good deals!

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing you just scan in your unconditional letter and they'll accept you as a PS helper guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Tell us the secret to becoming one :puppyeyes:
    Ask in the "ask an assistant" forum.

ReputationRep:
    to become ps helper, give them your uni email :p:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.