Turn on thread page Beta

Medics (and applicants) general chat thread Mk IV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone get this joke? Cos I don't:

How do you catch a monkey?

Climb a tree and act like a banana

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    Does anyone get this joke? Cos I don't:

How do you catch a monkey?

Climb a tree and act like a banana
    :lolwut:

There isn't really much to get tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    :lolwut:

There isn't really much to get tbh.
    It's confuzzled me, and it's in a joke book so should be funny :hmmm:

What about this one:

Q)Why are there no aspirins in the jungle?

Because the parrots eat 'em all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    I like Forza. :yy:

They still haven't reached a decision with me.
    How do you put in screen dumps into a post? I am trying to verify that I am unconditional?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It could be lupus)
    How do you put in screen dumps into a post? I am trying to verify that I am unconditional?
    upload to image shack and link? what I did

ReputationRep:
    I got offered it on work experience after a consultant seen my CV and said she was extremelly impressed. She offered me the job last year, so I worked last year doing a genetic study with Macular Degeneration to find the gene/allelle responsible for it. I was reading off the base peaks and working out LOD scores to look for the gene/allellee. I was then offered to do it again this summer. The job means I now know a ridiculous amount about ophthalmology, much of which I wont need to know at all as a medical student.

I should have made around £4,000 for working this summer doing it :woo:
    Are you a post-graduate or just a school leaver with such impressive CV? Well done in any case
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    Good stuff then, you may as well give it a shot. A very valuable experience if you ask me. The human waste is pretty wrong, you soon become an expert on different types of excrement, and honestly you do get used to it very quickly. I'm personally just a bit bored of it now, after a while it does become routine work, and my brain can just sleep and I can still do the job well.
    I'm not very squeamish, that should help :p:

ReputationRep:
    Take a print screen, copy and paste it into paint, save the image and then upload it here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Take a print screen, copy and paste it into paint, save the image and then upload it here.
    Imageshack works too :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    Are you a post-graduate or just a school leaver with such impressive CV? Well done in any case
    I am just a school leaver. It was just that I had a lot going for me on my CV, and that job is only helping with me being involved in research now. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I am just a school leaver. It was just that I had a lot going for me on my CV, and that job is only helping with me being involved in research now. Thanks
    Gosh, talk about being clever! I remember a man coming from an investigating lab to tell us about his field of work, need to ask my teacher his contacts and try to get a job there :p: And I hope I get to have work placement in Birmingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Imageshack works too :p:
    True; it takes longer to type out though. :shh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    True; it takes longer to type out though. :shh:
    :huff:

:p:

ReputationRep:
    Gosh, talk about being clever! I remember a man coming from an investigating lab to tell us about his field of work, need to ask my teacher his contacts and try to get a job there :p: And I hope I get to have work placement in Birmingham
    :o: You are embarrasing me. It was more than just my grades though. It was the fact that I was head boy, worked during the week and weekends, was vice captain for school rugby and played gaelic as well.

ReputationRep:
    :o: You are embarrasing me. It was more than just my grades though. It was the fact that I was head boy, worked during the week and weekends, was vice captain for school rugby and played gaelic as well.
    Ok, I'll stop now :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I'll stop now :p:
    :lol: Thanks all the same. The compliments are nice

ReputationRep:
    :lol: Thanks all the same. The compliments are nice
    It wasn't for your benefit, it was just to show what a nice, friendly person I am :littleangel: :angel: :p:

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't for your benefit, it was just to show what a nice, friendly person I am :littleangel: :angel: :p:
    The devil smiley :p:

I will be a PS helper soon :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Awkkk :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I've just worked out that i've already spent about 450 quid on Doctor Who dvds :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    The devil smiley :p:

I will be a PS helper soon :woo:
    I haven't heard back yet

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2009
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.