Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    Ahhh, Otto, what a legend :yy:

I love how he claims credit for everything related to German unification in his memoirs. "Yea, yea, I engineered the Schleswig-Holstein crisis... and the Luxembourg affair... I predicted everything that was going to happen and planned every move. Worship me."
    I can't remember what my own view was - I believe it was somewhere between Bismarck's memoirs and AJP Taylor's view (unusual for me since I tend to agree with one extreme or the other :p: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It could be lupus)
    :rofl: This is the point where you go around checking that nothing is stolen :yep:

Nah my mum got up about an hour after me and she's been about I'm more freaked about passing out on my sofa :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Nah my mum got up about an hour after me and she's been about I'm more freaked about passing out on my sofa :rolleyes:
    Oh right, I thought you were by yourself, which would have been extremelly freaky/scary. Theres nothing wrong with going back to sleep again on the sofa :yep:

ReputationRep:
    and I've just got neg rep "You came across arrogant and rude, I find you offensive"!

Little ol' me?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    and I've just got neg rep "You came across arrogant and rude, I find you offensive"!

Little ol' me?!
    i can see where they are coming from :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    i can see where they are coming from :p:
    AWK :bawling:

They didn't take any gems of me though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    AWK :bawling:

They didn't take any gems of me though
    :console:

I will give you some +rep tomorrow to make it better

ReputationRep:
    I hate my college. I just went there to ask about my re-sits and they told me I can only re-sit written examinations as they can't hold a practical for me alone :cry: And most exam centres in Birmingham do not accept external candidates :cry:
    I feel like I am lost in a long coridor with no escape, and just as the new door opens I run towards it only to find it being slammed into my face :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    I hate my college. I just went there to ask about my re-sits and they told me I can only re-sit written examinations as they can't hold a practical for me alone :cry: And most exam centres in Birmingham do not accept external candidates :cry:
    I feel like I am lost in a long coridor with no escape, and just as the new door opens I run towards it only to find it being slammed into my face :banghead:
    1) Do you REAAALLY need to resit your A-level? I know a lot of graduate places allow graduate entry medics in with very low (way below ABB) A-level grades.

2) How many marks were you off an A? Couldn't you survive with just written exams?

3) If it's really worth that much, contact even more places or beg your college. Contacting more places may mean you have further to go, but in the end it may be worth it.

ReputationRep:
    I just got my freshers pack, it's absolutely massive! :woo: It's made it all seem much more real.

It's a mix of the awesome, the scary and the downright strange. I've found out I've got a room in the prettiest building I've ever seen, and got a letter from my college parents (one doing Med, the other doing English), which is very nice. Then I've got a reading list, which is actually just a letter from the tutors with one book on it. :p: Although it casually makes very scary remarks, like "you should be comfortable with the Nernst Equation in an electrical context" and "Conceptually, the most difficult area in your first year will be the Ionic Basis of Excitability". :s: I've never even heard of the Nernst Equation!

There's also massive booklets on the college, what's happening at Fresher's Week, meals, a scary one about expectations (If you're not always at a 'good academic standing', they will kick you off - they even have a flowchart of punishments for chrissakes!), a CD, and a whole host of forms and whatnot to fill in (including a mildly humourous/worrying one where I have to sign a waiver saying I won't sue the college for any loss of life caused by going near the river).

All in all, awesome stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    Modern world? Medieval??

Assuming you get to select modules.
    The most interesting area of history to me is Renaissance Italy, without a doubt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    I just got my freshers pack, it's absolutely massive! :woo: It's made it all seem much more real.

It's a mix of the awesome, the scary and the downright strange. I've found out I've got a room in the prettiest building I've ever seen, and got a letter from my college parents (one doing Med, the other doing English), which is very nice. Then I've got a reading list, which is actually just a letter from the tutors with one book on it. :p: Although it casually makes very scary remarks, like "you should be comfortable with the Nernst Equation in an electrical context" and "Conceptually, the most difficult area in your first year will be the Ionic Basis of Excitability". :s: I've never even heard of the Nernst Equation!

There's also massive booklets on the college, what's happening at Fresher's Week, meals, a scary one about expectations (If you're not always at a 'good academic standing', they will kick you off - they even have a flowchart of punishments for chrissakes!), a CD, and a whole host of forms and whatnot to fill in (including a mildly humourous/worrying one where I have to sign a waiver saying I won't sue the college for any loss of life caused by going near the river).

I want one!

ReputationRep:

Haven't had anything from Exeter yet :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Student finance have cocked up again. They realised they didn't send me the PFF1 form for my dad (I did think there was something missing for him but presumed he didn't need it) and now I have to send that. At least I have the basic loan to last me for a bit and it seems the means assessed will be sorted at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    1) Do you REAAALLY need to resit your A-level? I know a lot of graduate places allow graduate entry medics in with very low (way below ABB) A-level grades.

2) How many marks were you off an A? Couldn't you survive with just written exams?

3) If it's really worth that much, contact even more places or beg your college. Contacting more places may mean you have further to go, but in the end it may be worth it.
    I am about 26 off in Bio and even more in Chem, so its unlikely I would pull it to an A on the written ones alone, unless I get 100 % in each. I have begged other colleges but I have run out of options, my lats hope is learndirect, failing that I will have to do written ones. And I still want to re-sit to get an A, no matter what it takes me , not even for GEP Med but for future employment too.

ReputationRep:

Which university are you going to? The fact you mentioned college makes me thing Cambridge, Oxford or Durham? Appearantly my college has no reading list, because they give us all the text books for free when we arrive.

ReputationRep:

Sounds awesome!

Getting my accommodation sorted made it seem more real. Oh my god :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I want one!
    From 1st September I also have an IT account there.

Reading through some of the stuff it seems like such an amazing place, everything seems really friendly and supportive. Apparently as soon as I get there my college parents will be taking me for ice-cream! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    :console:

I will give you some +rep tomorrow to make it better
    Thanks I've been brought up to happiness through the wonders of reading about this guy failing his driving test

@Jesaay! I'm almost certain I'll have nothing to live on for my first month of uni, student finance are truely diabolical this year!

ReputationRep:
    From 1st September I also have an IT account there.

Reading through some of the stuff it seems like such an amazing place, everything seems really friendly and supportive. Apparently as soon as I get there my college parents will be taking me for ice-cream! :woo:
    Grrr I will not even know where I will be living by then!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.