Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    I just got my freshers pack, it's absolutely massive! :woo: It's made it all seem much more real.

It's a mix of the awesome, the scary and the downright strange. I've found out I've got a room in the prettiest building I've ever seen, and got a letter from my college parents (one doing Med, the other doing English), which is very nice. Then I've got a reading list, which is actually just a letter from the tutors with one book on it. :p: Although it casually makes very scary remarks, like "you should be comfortable with the Nernst Equation in an electrical context" and "Conceptually, the most difficult area in your first year will be the Ionic Basis of Excitability". :s: I've never even heard of the Nernst Equation!

There's also massive booklets on the college, what's happening at Fresher's Week, meals, a scary one about expectations (If you're not always at a 'good academic standing', they will kick you off - they even have a flowchart of punishments for chrissakes!), a CD, and a whole host of forms and whatnot to fill in (including a mildly humourous/worrying one where I have to sign a waiver saying I won't sue the college for any loss of life caused by going near the river).

All in all, awesome stuff.
    I want my freshers pack :sad: Maybe I'll get it in the next few days :p:

:rofl: What's the flowchart of punishments like? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    We have a party where we find our medic mums/dads.

I'm just gonna look for the wealthy ones :teeth:
    you and me both. ahh, it's so weird-we move in in exactly one month! craaaazy. although i'm not exactly sure what i'll be doing on saturday night. haha.

ReputationRep:
    This is true, I could do this anyway. Drinking money, right?
    Touché :p:

I shall now try to stay away from you as I need my drinking money :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusx)
    you and me both. ahh, it's so weird-we move in in exactly one month! craaaazy. although i'm not exactly sure what i'll be doing on saturday night. haha.
    Oh my days I didn't notice :woo: :woo:. One month :eek:

I think one of the people off facebook was looking at something on at the ministry of sound on on the Saturday last time I looked, so it'll either be that or a quiet night :p:

ReputationRep:
    We have a party where we find our medic mums/dads.

I'm just gonna look for the wealthy ones :teeth:
    What are medic mums/dads?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShinyShiny)
    What are medic mums/dads?
    Apparently we're assigned older medical students to be our parents, which I think means they just show you the ropes and are there for moral support and shizzle. Not entirely sure but a lot of them have perks, such as buying their children drinks :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Apparently we're assigned older medical students to be our parents, which I think means they just show you the ropes and are there for moral support and shizzle. Not entirely sure but a lot of them have perks, such as buying their children drinks :teeth:
    does that make their parents our grandparents?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShinyShiny)
    does that make their parents our grandparents?
    Good question.

Unless their parents have already graduated, I wonder if that makes our parents orphans?

ReputationRep:
    Hello :smug:

Jessi jess jess jess jess

Facebook tells me you're taken. Heart breaker :backstab:

[Long time no speak, what is up loser?]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    Hello :smug:

Jessi jess jess jess jess

Facebook tells me you're taken. Heart breaker :backstab:

[Long time no speak, what is up loser?]
    Facebook speaks the truth, I am sorry, I should have informed you previously. I didn't mean for you to find out like this! :cool:

Well I'm quite content, I have most things sorted for uni except financial things and most of the essentials to buy so now I'm just excited. :woo: Whassup wiv you gansta?

ReputationRep:
    Facebook speaks the truth, I am sorry, I should have informed you previously. I didn't mean for you to find out like this! :cool:

Well I'm quite content, I have most things sorted for uni except financial things and most of the essentials to buy so now I'm just excited. :woo: Whassup wiv you gansta?
    Devastated :backstab:

Uni is going to be awesome UCL right? :nothing: eurgh, I'm going to have to start hating you now. :smug:.

Student Finance is a right pain in the bum. Get it sorted quick. They want form after form after form after form. *******.

Whatup with me? I have also acquired a life partner. She [notice the bold, proving all you doubters wrong, me no gay. ] is quite awesome. Just waiting for resit results which were rather marvelous, the resits. Now I'm kind off bricking myself. Never mind, I will survive I think. I'm quite desperate to get back to uni.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my days I didn't notice :woo: :woo:. One month :eek:

I think one of the people off facebook was looking at something on at the ministry of sound on on the Saturday last time I looked, so it'll either be that or a quiet night :p:
    ooooh ministry of sound, eh? interesting. if not, i'll try and catch up on the sleep that i won't be getting that week. how are you today?

ReputationRep:
    Ministry of Sound is ****. :smug:.

ReputationRep:
    Devastated :backstab:

Uni is going to be awesome UCL right? :nothing: eurgh, I'm going to have to start hating you now. :smug:.

Student Finance is a right pain in the bum. Get it sorted quick. They want form after form after form after form. *******.

Whatup with me? I have also acquired a life partner. She [notice the bold, proving all you doubters wrong, me no gay. ] is quite awesome. Just waiting for resit results which were rather marvelous, the resits. Now I'm kind off bricking myself. Never mind, I will survive I think. I'm quite desperate to get back to uni.
    You'll get through it, I'm hard to get over

UCL yep. Don't hate me just cus ya jealous innit :teeth:

Congrats on the life partner and all the best with the resit results. I have all that to come in a year's time, wahoo (maybe/maybe not with the resits, but the results thing)

ReputationRep:
    Ministry of Sound is ****. :smug:.
    sleep it is, then. or just wandering around looking lost. cheers for the heads up

ReputationRep:
    ooooh ministry of sound, eh? interesting. if not, i'll try and catch up on the sleep that i won't be getting that week. how are you today?
    Indeed! No idea how good it'll be (especially considering Reems' previous comment) but I guess it's something to do. Though I may just resort to sitting in the halls and attempting to build friendships with people, the majority of whom aren't medics and could, god forbid, be from kings.

ReputationRep:
    sleep it is, then. or just wandering around looking lost. cheers for the heads up
    Don't go because I said not to. I dislike most clubbing these days, I have become old and grumpy :ashamed:

ReputationRep:
    Indeed! No idea how good it'll be (especially considering Reems' previous comment) but I guess it's something to do. Though I may just resort to sitting in the halls and attempting to build friendships with people who most likely aren't medics and could, god forbid, be from kings.
    kings :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    You'll get through it, I'm hard to get over

UCL yep. Don't hate me just cus ya jealous innit :teeth:

Congrats on the life partner and all the best with the resit results. I have all that to come in a year's time, wahoo (maybe/maybe not with the resits, but the results thing)
    Don't do resits :o: By that I mean do a little bit of work over the year, saves you sooo much hassle. Not standard advice, but it's quite true.

ReputationRep:
    Why are imperial so slow with halls stuff

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.