The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

reems23
:sad: Atleast I will my memories :moon:.

And wisdom too :p: You will be a wise old sage, that helps young knights in their quests (for a price :p: )
jonnyofengland

That's alright, I can understand why somebody from an inferior institution would feel it necessary to give evil stares to his betters. :p:

If you play sports at all, there's probably a chance I'll end up seeing you at Doxbridge sometime. :beard:

:lol: Inferior institution... :lol: *knowingly and smiles to himself*

I certainly do. I play rugby and Gaelic :yep:

Its nice to know I am going to a University that is reputed to be the top in the world for medicine :p:
It could be lupus
:frown: I thought Trinity was the best when I was over, and it has such a nice court etc

Yes, but you failed to consider the tourists.
It could be lupus
:lol: Inferior institution... :lol: *knowingly and smiles to himself*

I certainly do. I play rugby and Gaelic :yep:

Its nice to know I am going to a University that is reputed to be the top in the world for medicine :p:

Maybe that knowledge will compensate for having to life with the fact that it was just some bored Oxford scholars who went and set up your university. :teeth:

In all seriousness, when I was in London I saw no end of stupid yanks sporting "University of Oxford" hoodies, and looking like tits, yet I saw almost no Cambridge ones. I would have thought this would be the other way round, if anything. Why isn't it?
Toiletpaper8

Trinity is effectively the Christ Church of Cambridge, right? Man, that place will be heaving in the summer when everyone's getting stressed out and trying to revise.
Toiletpaper8

I certainly did. Still, the benefits of Trinity, free text books! and a fantastic college, will make up for it :yep:
jonnyofengland
Maybe that knowledge will compensate for having to life with the fact that it was just some bored Oxford scholars who went and set up your university. :teeth:

In all seriousness, when I was in London I saw no end of stupid yanks sporting "University of Oxford" hoodies, and looking like tits, yet I saw almost no Cambridge ones. I would have thought this would be the other way round, if anything. Why isn't it?

:lol: Still, top in the world :p:

When Americans here Cambridge, they think of the town Harvard and MIT are in :yep: There is no major Oxford's in America. All the same, I would prefer that Americans are not running around in Cambridge hoodies

Trinity is the largest college in Cambridge, and the richest of all the Oxbridge Colleges. It usually is heaving with tourists, along with Kings College
It could be lupus
I certainly did. Still, the benefits of Trinity, free text books! and a fantastic college, will make up for it :yep:

I don't like Trinity personally - though this is judging by the arrogance of the admissions tutors and the fact the place is constantly swarming with tourists and doesn't look like nice anyway, IMO.

I would have gone for one of the colleges that are a bit "out" of the tourist path. Obviously not Girton or Wolfson or the like... but like Selwyn... or even Peterhouse, that's nicely tucked away somewhere :p:

The fact you have to work harder over the year learning somewhat pointless stuff alongside the useful stuff, would probably be the biggest deterrent for me. Although if you enjoy it, then fair enough.
It could be lupus
:lol: Still, top in the world :p:

When Americans here Cambridge, they think of the town Harvard and MIT are in :yep: There is no major Oxford's in America. All the same, I would prefer that Americans are not running around in Cambridge hoodies

Trinity is the largest college in Cambridge, and the richest of all the Oxbridge Colleges. It usually is heaving with tourists, along with Kings College

Best is a highly subjective thing. :p:

Was your college named after the character form the Matrix? :unsure:
Toiletpaper8
I don't like Trinity personally - though this is judging by the arrogance of the admissions tutors and the fact the place is constantly swarming with tourists and doesn't look like nice anyway, IMO.

I would have gone for one of the colleges that are a bit "out" of the tourist path. Obviously not Girton or Wolfson or the like... but like Selwyn... or even Peterhouse, that's nicely tucked away somewhere :p:

The fact you have to work harder over the year learning somewhat pointless stuff alongside the useful stuff, would probably be the biggest deterrent for me. Although if you enjoy it, then fair enough.

I wouldn't be too aware of anyones arrogance but from what I seen, I really thought Trinity was fantastic.

I will like doing all the science first, as it means I will full understand everything behind the clinical practice when it comes to it. It suits me anyways :yep:
jonnyofengland
Trinity is effectively the Christ Church of Cambridge, right? Man, that place will be heaving in the summer when everyone's getting stressed out and trying to revise.

Well, imagine stepping outside to go shopping for food or something... and having to walk past literally dozens of posses of tourists with their cameras and foreign languages...

I wouldn't want to work there.

Presumably you mean Christ Church, Oxford as well.
It could be lupus
I wouldn't be too aware of anyones arrogance but from what I seen, I really thought Trinity was fantastic.

I will like doing all the science first, as it means I will full understand everything behind the clinical practice when it comes to it. It suits me anyways :yep:

I wasn't on about doing all the sciences or the preclin/clin divide - that's fine by me. I meant learning tons of completely pointless pieces of information/facts which bear no relevance whatsoever to medicine/medical practice, but are taught purely because they're interesting to know :p:
Toiletpaper8
I wasn't on about doing all the sciences or the preclin/clin divide - that's fine by me. I meant learning tons of completely pointless pieces of information/facts which bear no relevance whatsoever to medicine/medical practice, but are taught purely because they're interesting to know :p:

Oh right, if they are interesting then I am all for it :lol:
jonnyofengland
:colondollar:

I only have so much because I am such a charming, witty and knowledgeable fellow. :holmes: I got rather lucky and got like 1000 points within my first week on the site (I made a rather brilliant comment where I smoothly and relevantly quoted Dumbledore in H&R, which a lot of people seemed to like).

:p:

I don't know how long it took for me to get 1000 points...probably quite a long time as I hardly ever posted when I joined :p:

jonnyofengland

It's massive, and it follows this set of old latin rules. :s: And it ends in termination, which has in brackets "sending down" next to it.

:rofl2:

I think you should scan it in and show it to us :teeth:
Toiletpaper8
Well, imagine stepping outside to go shopping for food or something... and having to walk past literally dozens of posses of tourists with their cameras and foreign languages...

I wouldn't want to work there.

Presumably you mean Christ Church, Oxford as well.

Yeah, it would start to get on my nerves pretty rapidly. Luckily my college is not in the centre, but not miles away either, and gets very few tourists - best of both worlds. :biggrin:

FFCrusader
:p:

I don't know how long it took for me to get 1000 points...probably quite a long time as I hardly ever posted when I joined :p:

That's because you didn't make magical posts like this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=11886344&postcount=19

:teeth:

:rofl2:

I think you should scan it in and show it to us :teeth:

Maybe later. :p:
Reply 6515
my resit was horrible :frown:
beccy.

:frown: I bet it went better than you thought it did :hugs:
Reply 6517
Degausser
:frown: I bet it went better than you thought it did :hugs:

thank you for the vote of confidence :hugs: i seriously hope it did!
Reply 6518
beccy.

:console: I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :hugs:
beccy.
:jumphug: Everything will be fine, Beccy! All the best in any case
My day was quite horrid too :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending