Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccy.)
    my resit was horrible
    im sure you did awesome :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Yeah, it would start to get on my nerves pretty rapidly. Luckily my college is not in the centre, but not miles away either, and gets very few tourists - best of both worlds.
    I found locals/tourists clogging up the High Street/Cornmarket (especially at weekends) more annoying than inside college & people seem to think my college would be particularly 'bad' for it. :dontknow:

They charge people to get in which limits the numbers, hours were limited & the main accommodation areas/library were out of bounds. So I didn't really find it to be a problem. At times it was probably actually handy in reminding me just how awesome the surroundings are & how lucky I was. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiBear)
    im sure you did awesome :hugs:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    x
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    x
    thankyou all
    i have my fingers mega crossed!
    let the procrastinating and PS helping begin!

ReputationRep:
    thankyou all
    :smug:

I'm sure you did fantastically, silly woman. .

ReputationRep:
    thankyou all
    :five:
    What do you think I better cook- cheese puff pasties or cheese puff tartlets with onions, peppers and tomatoes?

ReputationRep:
    :five:
    What do you think I better cook- cheese puff pasties or cheese puff tartlets with onions, peppers and tomatoes?
    :drool: They both sound amazing! :coma: I'll PM you my address and you can send me some samples :p: Oh, and I'm really glad to hear what BSMS said to you, I'd give Soton a ring too :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex D)
    :drool: They both sound amazing! :coma: I'll PM you me address and send me some samples :p: Oh, and I'm really glad to hear what BSMS said to you, I'd give Soton a ring too :yep:
    We could start a catering business :yep: I'll try my best to upload the photos, so everyone can drool :p:
    BSMS are Ok, and I found East Anglia pre-med programme, which sounds fab, but....
    My college said I cannot re-sit the bloody UC and practical, they don't do practicals for sad souls like me :cry: So unless I get 100% for two written units I am well and trully wasted :sad: I have sent my UC Chem paper for a re-mark so fingers crossed it will be at least few UMs marks better off

ReputationRep:
    We could start a catering business :yep: I'll try my best to upload the photos, so everyone can drool :p:
    BSMS are Ok, and I found East Anglia pre-med programme, which sounds fab, but....
    My college said I cannot re-sit the bloody UC and practical, they don't do practicals for sad souls like me :cry: So unless I get 100% for two written units I am well and trully wasted :sad: I have sent my UC Chem paper for a re-mark so fingers crossed it will be at least few UMs marks better off
    That would bring some nice extra moolah for uni :awesome: Speaking of baking/cooking, I still need to make my Tom & Jerry Strawberry DIY buns

Why are your college not allowing you to re-sit your UC and practical? If you're eligible for UEA's pre-med programme, you might be eligible for Soton's BM6 (the original and best :yep: [but I'm not biased :p:])

ReputationRep:
    That's because you didn't make magical posts like this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...4&postcount=19

:teeth:
    Well we can't all make magical posts as we're not all charming, witty and knowledgeable like you Sir Jonny :p:

:awesome:

I think my only good post was the one trying to make you subconsciously go to Barts :ninja:

Maybe later. :p:
    You know you want to :p:

ReputationRep:
    That would bring some nice extra moolah for uni :awesome: Speaking of baking/cooking, I still need to make my Tom & Jerry Strawberry DIY buns

Why are your college not allowing you to re-sit your UC and practical? If you're eligible for UEA's pre-med programme, you might be eligible for Soton's BM6 (the original and best :yep: [but I'm not biased :p:])
    Yum, strawberry buns :drool: I want to make something very chocolatey, but can't find dark chocolate in the cupboard :p:
    Because they are not going to hold it for me alone- no other old spec person is re-sitting and new spec people don't have practicals :sad:
    I'll have a look a Soton pre-med too, but UEA's requirements are BCC-ABB :confused: Too good to be true :teeth: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yum, strawberry buns :drool: I want to make something very chocolatey, but can't find dark chocolate in the cupboard :p:
    Because they are not going to hold it for me alone- no other old spec person is re-sitting and new spec people don't have practicals :sad:
    I'll have a look a Soton pre-med too, but UEA's requirements are BCC-ABB :confused: Too good to be true :teeth: :p:
    They are good :yep: UEA's course is like Soton's (BM6's entry requirements are CCC), they're widening access courses, so you have to meet the criteria i.e. first in family to go to uni

ReputationRep:
    They are good :yep: UEA's course is like Soton's (BM6's entry requirements are CCC), they're widening access courses, so you have to meet the criteria i.e. first in family to go to uni
    Erm, first in family to go to British uni? They have medical degrees, but not working as docotrs over here. I wonder if I qualify? I am not exactly poor, but nowadays my parents are working class :p: well, lower middle, max , though I wouldn't say we are deprived :o: i guess being an only child helps :p:

ReputationRep:
    Erm, first in family to go to British uni? They have medical degrees, but not working as docotrs over here. I wonder if I qualify? I am not exactly poor, but nowadays my parents are working class :p: well, lower middle, max , though I wouldn't say we are deprived :o: i guess being an only child helps :p:
    To be honest I don't think you'd be eligible then (although I don't know for sure). Do your parents or uncles and aunties have medical degrees? AFAIK, to be eligible for Soton you have to be the first to go to uni from your family (excluding siblings), so that probably wouldn't work out

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I don't think you'd be eligible then (although I don't know for sure). Do your parents or uncles and aunties have medical degrees? AFAIK, to be eligible for Soton you have to be the first to go to uni from your family (excluding siblings), so that probably wouldn't work out
    Yes, and aunties and granny too
    But its ok, I doubt I want to re-apply- not with my re-sits being blighted. I just want my 3 A's :stomp: and then look forward to GEP, alhtugh knowing my luck the fees will be sky-high by the time I finish Chem

ReputationRep:
    If you do qualify, it'd merely be taking advantage of the system

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    If you do qualify, it'd merely be taking advantage of the system
    I didn't say I want to qualify on terms that are not quite fitting to me, I wouldn't want to deprive someone more in need of a place than me. as said in previuos post I would rather do GEP in that case

ReputationRep:
    I didn't say I want to qualify on terms that are not quite fitting to me, I wouldn't want to deprive someone more in need of a place than me. as said in previuos post I would rather do GEP in that case
    Fair enough, just saying, considering your folks are docs :p:

ReputationRep:
    HI guys! Test tomorrow!!! AHHHH!

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, slogging my way through list of med schools looking for ways to eliminate them (or their requirements to eliminate me..) and also at open day dates. Who decides to have open days DURING EXAMS?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelly^2)
    Ugh, slogging my way through list of med schools looking for ways to eliminate them (or their requirements to eliminate me..) and also at open day dates. Who decides to have open days DURING EXAMS?!
    :hugs:

which have you got down atm?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.