Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Sir Jonny has an awesome ring to it. It shall be my new life aim to become a knight and ride around in shining armour on a horse.
    Sounds like a plan :teeth:

That reminds me, someone once told me that if you went to an exam in a full knight's armour and riding on a horse and holding a sword, you would get a pitcher of ale :rofl2:

Look at number 2 here :p:

(Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Definitely. :teeth:

Although there's many possibilities as to what that might be - is my name a humourous one, am I hideously deformed, do I have 17m friends (or none), am I really Tom Cruise?
    I'm gonna go for... you're just dragging it out so our minds wander :p:

I am now picturing you as Tom Cruise in shining armour, on a horse, holding a sword, with a stethoscope around our neck and having a pitcher of ale to your side :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    LOL

I look at them and sometimes they are so badly written I just close the window!
    I did that for 3 of them. One looked more like a philosophy/theology PS, so I ran into my corner :getmecoat: :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    Sounds like a plan :teeth:

That reminds me, someone once told me that if you went to an exam in a full knight's armour and riding on a horse and holding a sword, you would get a pitcher of ale :rofl2:

Look at number 2 here :p:
    Hmmm, I heard a slightly different story. It is thus;

All students have to wear sub fusc (a dark suit, white bow tie, cap, gown) for their examinations. If you wear full fusc, you are automatically granted a first.

Full fusc is a full suit of mediaeval battle armour. :holmes:

I'm gonna go for... you're just dragging it out so our minds wander :p:

I am now picturing you as Tom Cruise in shining armour, on a horse, holding a sword, with a stethoscope around our neck and having a pitcher of ale to your side :awesome:
    I will get it eventually, I can just never be bothered. I'm very good at putting off minor tasks, so that they never get done.

And that is a truly awesome description, perhaps sig-worthy. :teeth: Although when it happens you will have to replace the ale with cider, and use a bosom-rich maiden to carry it at my side. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusx)
    How poetic. jonny, is there anything you can't do? :p:
    I'm not very good at drawing.

ReputationRep:
    Failed my test...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Failed my test...
    :console: What test? All the best in future
    I'm still thinking of my A-Level re-sit choices :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Failed my test...

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Failed my test...

Was this a first attempt? I failed my first attempt I came to a tricky junction, didn't align myself properly causing myself to swing onto the opposite side of the road, panicked, stalled and to top things off, accidently switched my windscreen wipers on (it was a dry, sunny day) :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    Was this a first attempt? I failed my first attempt I came to a tricky junction, didn't align myself properly causing myself to swing onto the opposite side of the road, panicked, stalled and to top things off, accidently switched my windscreen wipers on (it was a dry, sunny day) :facepalm:
    Pulled out in front of a car at the final roundabout going back to the test centre...it sped up. I'm annoyed cos I can't do it again till i come home for christmas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Failed my test...
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Pulled out in front of a car at the final roundabout going back to the test centre...it sped up. I'm annoyed cos I can't do it again till i come home for christmas.
    oh no
    can't you try calling them frequently and see if they have had any last minute cancellations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccy.)
    oh no
    can't you try calling them frequently and see if they have had any last minute cancellations?
    :ditto:
    That's what I plan on doing if I fail.

ReputationRep:
    Well life goes on.

Got my confirmation letter from uni today, I'm officially a second year! I'm spending an entire day in hospital during fresher's week which will be cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It could be lupus)
    Yeah its no problem. I'll PM him the PS that I am going to review before I post it to make sure I do it ok. Don't want to mess up anyones application
    :eek3:

did we have to wait for approval before we posted our thoughts or did we just have to PM a link to the thread once we've postd?

Oh dear. I did the latter. :o:

:gasp:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    Have you seen the freshers line up on the facebook group? :teeth:

Sounds like great fun! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    :eek3:

did we have to wait for approval before we posted our thoughts or did we just have to PM a link to the thread once we've postd?

Oh dear. I did the latter. :o:

:gasp:
    no i think you're supposed to put your comments then send them a PM but we were worrying about giving bad advice!

ReputationRep:
    no i think you're supposed to put your comments then send them a PM but we were worrying about giving bad advice!
    oh thank God. I was worried I'd made a huge mistake on my first go.
    :p:

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    Have you seen the freshers line up on the facebook group? :teeth:

Sounds like great fun! :woo:
    We have a boat party. I'm excited, it means I can finally sing "I'm on a boat... with my flippy floppies" when it's actually true!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    We have a boat party. I'm excited, it means I can finally sing "I'm on a boat... with my flippy floppies" when it's actually true!
    So do we!
    Its a masquerade boat ball on the Thames! :coma:

I'm getting proper excited!

ReputationRep:
    oh no
    Where is the ferret? :o:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2009

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.