Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Hmmm, I heard a slightly different story. It is thus;

All students have to wear sub fusc (a dark suit, white bow tie, cap, gown) for their examinations. If you wear full fusc, you are automatically granted a first.

Full fusc is a full suit of mediaeval battle armour. :holmes:
    I knew you had to do something like that for a first but couldn't remember what :laugh: I kind of want you to do this :p:

(Original post by jonnyofengland)
    I will get it eventually, I can just never be bothered. I'm very good at putting off minor tasks, so that they never get done.

And that is a truly awesome description, perhaps sig-worthy. :teeth: Although when it happens you will have to replace the ale with cider, and use a bosom-rich maiden to carry it at my side. :p:
    Sure, we believe you :p:

:awesome: yay

I still have your description of me but it has been moved to my profile :p: That and quotes that suggest Jess is in fact a lesbian

(Original post by fatal)
    Failed my test...
    Driving test I assume? Don't worry about it, I failed a few times :ninja:

(Original post by Medicine Man)
    Have you seen the freshers line up on the facebook group? :teeth:

Sounds like great fun! :woo:
    Hell yeah! Seems we still get a fortnight :teeth:

Now to find out how to make a toga for the toga eve :erm:

Psst I think you should find me on facebook :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)

Use a simple, white sheet? You can also opt for laurel wreath :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    Use a simple, white sheet? You can also opt for laurel wreath :p:
    This is true :p:

And also need to learn how to wear said white sheet :p: and not look like a fool :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    This is true :p:

And also need to learn how to wear said white sheet :p: and not look like a fool :ninja:
    Drape it in an artful way, but for god's sake consider the risk of it slipping and exposing you :p: No, seriously, creating toga is the easiest option in terms of fancy dress, imagine if you had to dress as a pirate :pirate: On the other hand try a fancy dress shop?

I am seriously jealous- eveyone is partying right, left and centre and I didn't even receive my welcome pack :stomp: I had a letter form Brum though, for local students

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    Drape it in an artful way, but for god's sake consider the risk of it slipping and exposing you :p: No, seriously, creating toga is the easiest option in terms of fancy dress, imagine if you had to dress as a pirate :pirate: On the other hand try a fancy dress shop?

I am seriously jealous- eveyone is partying right, left and centre and I didn't even receive my welcome pack :stomp: I had a letter form Brum though, for local students
    I spose :p:

:rofl2: I have considered the possibility of exposure, therefore clothing will definitely be worn underneath :p: Pirates are more fun though :teeth:

I have yet to receive my freshers pack :p:

ReputationRep:
    This post took forever to do

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&postcount=134

ReputationRep:
    This post took forever to do

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&postcount=134
    I would actually go insane from all their "Are my 9A*s good enough!?!?!!!" questions. I really wish people would realise that GCSEs are only the stepping stone to further grades :o:

ARG.

Although I would have said Baka-chan will struggle, they would be best off getting high AS-levels as well to counter balance weak GCSE's. Nearly everyone from my school had 9A/A*s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    Where is the ferret? :o:
    he's away for a vitalise week thingy.
    him and 8 as age girl volunteers. lucky boy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    x
    :hugs: sorry to hear about the driving test :console: what's interesting is that when I did my test, I stalled at a roundabout and then pulled out in front of someone and still managed to pass! (I'm much better at driving now though, luckily!)

ReputationRep:

Haha - I don't know how to make one either! :confused:

Bedsheet shopping it is! :p:

And I've added someone from the group - it better be you or well thats just gonna be well embarrassing! :o:

ReputationRep:

Can somebody please stop me,
    From falling for this girl
    I don't want to have to go through love again
    Cuz it always hurts

:emo: :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I'm fairly sleepy...just been out for a drive with a friend, going 60mph round country roads terrifies me!

Went to exbf's house (the guy who was driving is a good friend) and as usually his favorite subject is himself. His mother also thrust my teddy which I'd left behind at me, always knew she hated me, cow.

ReputationRep:
    Haha - I don't know how to make one either! :confused:

Bedsheet shopping it is! :p:

And I've added someone from the group - it better be you or well thats just gonna be well embarrassing! :o:
    Indeed :p:

haha well I assume I was added by you as I got a friend request :p:

ReputationRep:
    Indeed :p:

haha well I assume I was added by you as I got a friend request :p:
    Yeah.

C'était moi! :woo:

So glad i got the right person though our mutual friends (thanks Jessay! and HiBear) kinda gave it away. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.

C'était moi! :woo:

So glad i got the right person though our mutual friends (thanks Jessay! and HiBear) kinda gave it away. :p:
    :woo:

I think I'm gone crazy with the multi-quoting in the GCSE thread :p:

ReputationRep:
    Erm..I know you guys probably have had like lots of GCSE students bombarding you whether their eligible for medicine, but can I just ask, how much significance do GCSEs have to get into medicine?

Also, for my GCSEs, I just got 9As, 1A*, 1B, do I still have a chance for getting into medicine in a top uni?

I'm just quite worried now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gagannn_)
    Erm..I know you guys probably have had like lots of GCSE students bombarding you whether their eligible for medicine, but can I just ask, how much significance do GCSEs have to get into medicine?

Also, for my GCSEs, I just got 9As, 1A*, 1B, do I still have a chance for getting into medicine in a top uni?

just dont apply to the real obvious birmingham and those places where you dont meet the grade requirements. otherwise you should be more htan fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gagannn_)

:facepalm: Ok...

1. Place your GCSE's highest to lowest ie A*s first
    2. What are you classing as a top uni for medicine? The likes of Cambridge care about your UMS marks for AS level so start worrying when you get them results in
    3. Yes, they are good grades and should be sufficient for many universities

ReputationRep:
    Okay, thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It could be lupus)
    :facepalm: Ok...

1. Place your GCSE's highest to lowest ie A*s first
    2. What are you classing as a top uni for medicine? The likes of Cambridge care about your UMS marks for AS level so start worrying when you get them results in
    3. Yes, they are good grades and should be sufficient for many universities
    hello. havent seen you around i dont think.

nice to meet you :hat2:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.