Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    Apparently, not you :p:
    :laugh:

:eviltongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It could be lupus)
    Fellow PS helpers, have you been contacted by your mentor yet? I still have not, and I have PM'd him a link to a PS I had reviewed, and the review's status has now been changed to Answered? However I told the OP to wait until I had been told my review is OK. Does this mean it is ok so I can say to the OP it is?
    Demon's been packing the last few nights as he's going back to uni today. Once he's there, he'll be online a lot more so should be able to check through your review for you Hold off on saying anything else to the OP for now as Demon may have a couple of additional comments for them.

ReputationRep:
    Morning chickas
    I think I may have had some positive news about the HCA job I went for yesterday. Basically Occu Health rang me and asked me to go through a few things, then the nurse asked "when are you starting?" I said I hadn't heard anything else since my interview and she said "oh right well I'll pass these details on to your manager, as far as we're concerned you're good to go."
    Don't know what to think, but fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelly^2)
    Morning chickas
    I think I may have had some positive news about the HCA job I went for yesterday. Basically Occu Health rang me and asked me to go through a few things, then the nurse asked "when are you starting?" I said I hadn't heard anything else since my interview and she said "oh right well I'll pass these details on to your manager, as far as we're concerned you're good to go."
    Don't know what to think, but fingers crossed!
    definitely sounds promising! good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    Slight problem here - DemonAS is my mentor too and apparently we're meant to send links of the PS reviews we've done to our mentors. Well I've done three PS reviews so far and posted my suggestions on the thread for the applicant to see (which I'm not too sure I should have done now come to think of it). I PMd DemonAS the links to all three anyway but I've heard nothing back. :eek3: Firstly, I don't quite think I was meant to carry on and post them for the applicants to see as I haven't been given some form of go-ahead and secondly, do you think it'd be a smart idea to stop reviewing for a while until he gets back to uni - I don't want to get kicked off the whole thing because I've been giving 'wrong' advice or haven't been reviewing to the required standard :unsure:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    Slight problem here - DemonAS is my mentor too and apparently we're meant to send links of the PS reviews we've done to our mentors. Well I've done three PS reviews so far and posted my suggestions on the thread for the applicant to see (which I'm not too sure I should have done now come to think of it). I PMd DemonAS the links to all three anyway but I've heard nothing back. Firstly, I don't quite think I was meant to carry on and post them for the applicants to see as I haven't been given some form of go-ahead and secondly, do you think it'd be a smart idea to stop reviewing for a while until he gets back to uni - I don't want to get kicked off the whole thing because I've been giving 'wrong' advice or haven't been reviewing to the required standard .
    The normal thing to do is to post your review then PM a link, I just suggest to people if they're not as confident that PMing the review first to get it looked through before posting can help them but you've done nothing wrong. Might be an idea to wait for some feedback on the ones you've done so far before continuing as with 3 done, you'll have technically completed your mentoring stage so not having the feedback may result in you missing a few things in future reviews.

ReputationRep:
    definitely sounds promising! good luck
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    You get to fancy chicks - that's got to be better than lusting after men.
    Um, somehow I doubt we'll agree on this one :p:

(Original post by HiBear)
    method is totally irrelevant, as long as it has the desired effect

lol.
    Maybe, I just don't think it's particularly "natural", but there we go :rolleyes:

(Original post by FFCrusader)

I don't see the point either :p:
    :top:

ReputationRep:
    The normal thing to do is to post your review then PM a link, I just suggest to people if they're not as confident that PMing the review first to get it looked through before posting can help them but you've done nothing wrong. Might be an idea to wait for some feedback on the ones you've done so far before continuing as with 3 done, you'll have technically completed your mentoring stage so not having the feedback may result in you missing a few things in future reviews.
    Ahh thanks a lot for that.

:thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    x
    I am unsure whether I want to send my certificates by post or whether to go up to Barts with the form and such :p:

Also need to fine a photo to send them...effort when one is not photogenic

Also...the pre enrolment verification form doesn't give enough space for all GCSEs and A Levels :lolwut: This shall be fun to squeeze in :p:

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me build up this wiki page a bit?

ReputationRep:
    I had work experience in basingstoke, southampton and Winchester - is that at all useful?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    Maybe, I just don't think it's particularly "natural", but there we go :rolleyes:
    Nor is wearing shoes, but you don't leave the house without them. :p:

ReputationRep:

Heres a volunteer page for Hospitals in East Sussex (South east). Im looking for a work experience number for Eastbourne DGH, but I seem to remember bugging every department by phone before I found someone :p:

http://www.esht.nhs.uk/volunteers/index.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    I am unsure whether I want to send my certificates by post or whether to go up to Barts with the form and such :p:

Also need to fine a photo to send them...effort when one is not photogenic

Also...the pre enrolment verification form doesn't give enough space for all GCSEs and A Levels :lolwut: This shall be fun to squeeze in :p:
    Those are the exact same problems I found as well.

I don't quite think I trust the UK postal service to handle my certificates. I've kept them so neat and unfolded over the last two years and I fear some dodgy post man will bend it or rip it or something stupid like that so i think I'll drop in at some point next week and hand it in if I manage to sort everything out by then.

And the photos - effort or what!?! It really is so much effort to take your own photo and email it to them but atleast we actually get to pick a nice photo for our IDs and not those random ones the uni photogropher decides to use (which, might I add, never turn out great in my case anyway). If the worse goes to worst and I really cba, I'll just crop out a decent fb photo of myself (with just happens to have a white backround - what are the chances eh!?) and will just use that. :p:

And yeah, what up with limited spacing on the forms? Limited spacing for the GCSEs and A Levels are fine for me - I'll only include the good grades or we could use the IB colums too. :ninja: But how on earth are you meant to fill in the name and address of your centre within a line?!?! :lolwut: My school name is long enough! Its probably possible, but it won't be legible in my case. :p:

Random questions:
    - Is the UCAS No the 103... number (what we use to log into track) or the 09...number (our actual aplication number)?
    - I know its not advisable to get all the books on the reading list (though the woman writing ours seems to think otherwise), but with regards to the first book on the list (Human Anatomy and Physiology 8th Edition (2009) book), I get the idea that its a must for us - is it?

I find it so funny how the 'how to edit your photo page' uses a photo of Gordon Brown on the first page! :lol: And I think our Freshers theme this year is ace! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShinyShiny)
    I had work experience in basingstoke, southampton and Winchester - is that at all useful?
    Would be for others in that area :p: I'm just trying to get information from as many areas of the country as possible.

(Original post by Degausser)
    Heres a volunteer page for Hospitals in East Sussex (South east). Im looking for a work experience number for Eastbourne DGH, but I seem to remember bugging every department by phone before I found someone

http://www.esht.nhs.uk/volunteers/index.htm
    Thankyou, will add that in now

I was looking to try and find the contact details of people from when I did my work experience (but I seem to remember my dad probably gave me the details :o:)

ReputationRep:
    Those are the exact same problems I found as well.

I don't quite think I trust the UK postal service to handle my certificates. I've kept them so neat and unfolded over the last two years and I fear some dodgy post man will bend it or rip it or something stupid like that so i think I'll drop in at some point next week and hand it in if I manage to sort everything out by then.

And the photos - effort or what!?! It really is so much effort to take your own photo and email it to them but atleast we actually get to pick a nice photo for our IDs and not those random ones the uni photogropher decides to use (which, might I add, never turn out great in my case anyway). If the worse goes to worst and I really cba, I'll just crop out a decent fb photo of myself (with just happens to have a white backround - what are the chances eh!?) and will just use that. :p:

And yeah, what up with limited spacing on the forms? Limited spacing for the GCSEs and A Levels are fine for me - I'll only include the good grades or we could use the IB colums too. :ninja: But how on earth are you meant to fill in the name and address of your centre within a line?!?! :lolwut: My school name is long enough! Its probably possible, but it won't be legible in my case. :p:

Random questions:
    - Is the UCAS No the 103... number (what we use to log into track) or the 09...number (our actual aplication number)?
    - I know its not advisable to get all the books on the reading list (though the woman writing ours seems to think otherwise), but with regards to the first book on the list (Human Anatomy and Physiology 8th Edition (2009) book), I get the idea that its a must for us - is it?

I find it so funny how the 'how to edit your photo page' uses a photo of Gordon Brown on the first page! :lol: And I think our Freshers theme this year is ace! :yep:
    Yeah I don't trust the Royal Mail either :erm: I believe I'll be going up there sometime this coming week - quite annoying how they restrict it to only Tuesdays and thursdays though...all this would be so much easier to do on enrolment :p: maybe

This is true that we get to pick a somewhat decent photo :p: But it's still quite annoying to achieve said photo that meets their specifications :laugh: I've thought about using a facebook photo but chances are none will have the wanted plain background :ninja:

I think I'll just photocopy the paper and just staple two together :p: That way I can have all my grades on with the most important ones on the front page ie general studies and stuff go on 2nd page :ninja:
    I think I'll just write my school's address over the whole column :laugh: Afterall all of them were taken at said school :p:

I assume the UCAS number is the 103.. one as the 09.. one is our Barts application number

I have the Grey's Anatomy for Students and Kumar and Clark's Clinical Medicine textbooks and think I'll just leave it as that for now :p: I don't have money for more textbooks that I may or may not use :ninja:

Yeah my mother saw the Gordon Brown pic and was like why is HE on there?? :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    Hospital Voluntary Work in Portsmouth: http://www.porthosp.nhs.uk/voluntary.html
    Hospital Work experience in newcastle: http://www.newcastle-hospitals.org.u...xperience.aspx
    Hospital Work experience in Scarborough/NE Yorkishire: http://www.scarborough.nhs.uk/work_experience.php

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Hospital Voluntary Work in Portsmouth: http://www.porthosp.nhs.uk/voluntary.html
    Hospital Work experience in newcastle: http://www.newcastle-hospitals.org.u...xperience.aspx
    Hospital Work experience in Scarborough/NE Yorkishire: http://www.scarborough.nhs.uk/work_experience.php
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watching xfactor?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.