ReputationRep:
    :nah:

How's it going everyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisLittlePiggy)
    :nah:

How's it going everyone?
    Pretty well thanks yourself?

Actually I'm wondering, did anyone apply for student finance before they got their offer confirmed? I'm almost certain I did, but I'm talking to a student who has just sent theirs off...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)

Actually I'm wondering, did anyone apply for student finance before they got their offer confirmed? I'm almost certain I did, but I'm talking to a student who has just sent theirs off...
    Cool, I'm doing very well today. Had lunch down at ketchup :coma:

I applied for student finance,as Scotland = SAAS, after I'd received my offer. That's how my brothers and sisters did it as well.

The way I understood these things is that they only asses you for a student loan when you have received an offer and as student finance laise with the University whose offer you had firmed and accepted, it would not be possible to apply without one.

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    I have an A for GCSE Maths!!!! :party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)

I applied at the beginning of July, I still don't have anything though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    I have an A for GCSE Maths!!!! :party:
    Well done

On another point, I might murder the egotistic med applicants who obviously have a strong application (short of actually being born a doctor) yet still insist of listing it for the world and adding, "I just not sure if I'll get an interview... "

ReputationRep:
    I have an A for GCSE Maths!!!!
    congrats

(Original post by fatal)
    Well done

On another point, I might murder the egotistic med applicants who obviously have a strong application (short of actually being born a doctor) yet still insist of listing it for the world and adding, "I just not sure if I'll get an interview... "
    I know the ones you mean :console: What annoys me is that quite a lot of these seemingly intelligent prospective medicine applicants are incapable of reading!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    congrats

I know the ones you mean :console: What annoys me is that quite a lot of these seemingly intelligent prospective medicine applicants are incapable of reading!
    Or googling.

Like honestly some of them are like "I've got 14 A*'s. Own a hospital, and have created four pioneering surgeries."

ARG.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Well done

Thanks! It might not be a lot compared to grades of the people you describe but its more than I hoped for
    The people who post threads like "I have 9 A* or more, will any medical school take me :rolleyes: " irritate me to death- read bloody resource page for god's sake
    On an even more irritating note, some little **** has racially abused my mother when we were shopping in Northfield "It's my ****ing country, not yours!" :mad2: :rant: I hate people like that!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    congrats

Thanks a lot!!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! It might not be a lot compared to grades of the people you describe but its more than I hoped for
    The people who post threads like "I have 9 A* or more, will any medical school take me :rolleyes: " irritate me to death- read bloody resource page for god's sake
    On an even more irritating note, some little **** has racially abused my mother when we were shopping in Northfield "It's my ****ing country, not yours!" :mad2: :rant: I hate people like that!!
    I hate racism. A guy who I used to be friends with prides himself on being vocally racist and inflammatory in company. Especially to Muslims The **** thing is that none of his (from last week I'm having nothing to do with them, as you may know through old posts or my blogs lol) friends pull him up on his beaviour, they laugh it off. It makes me sick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    I hate racism. A guy who I used to be friends with prides himself on being vocally racist and inflammatory in company. Especially to Muslims The **** thing is that none of his (from last week I'm having nothing to do with them, as you may know through old posts or my blogs lol) friends pull him up on his beaviour, they laugh it off. It makes me sick.
    Your friends seem like a nice bunch :rofl: Honestly, how come they always choose his side? :console:
    I fell out with my friend for a long time after a guy she knew boasted that he hates muslims, and she refused to stop being friends with him :rolleyes: I said "either me or him" and she chose him, but I was glad I didn't have to hang out with her anyomre. We made up later, but still...
    I hate racism too, even if its not directed at me :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    Your friends seem like a nice bunch :rofl: Honestly, how come they always choose his side? :console:
    I fell out with my friend for a long time after a guy she knew boasted that he hates muslims, and she refused to stop being friends with him :rolleyes: I said "either me or him" and she chose him, but I was glad I didn't have to hang out with her anyomre. We made up later, but still...
    I hate racism too, even if its not directed at me :mad2:
    They are idiots, and they've apparently forgotten who I am this summer. But enough of that.

Ignore people who are racist. be happy that in the grand scheme of things all they are doing is hurting themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Well done

They are fishing for compliments so as to stroke their egos.

ReputationRep:
    They are fishing for compliments so as to stroke there egos.
    I refuse to participate and would love the rest of the medics just to let them stew in their own brilliance. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    I refuse to participate and would love the rest of the medics just to let them stew in their own brilliance. :mad:
    I'd permaban them for not believing in themselves. Nothing instills faith and confidence like a ban hammer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    They are idiots, and they've apparently forgotten who I am this summer. But enough of that.

Ignore people who are racist. be happy that in the grand scheme of things all they are doing is hurting themselves.
    I'll try to ignore people like that next time It was virtually first time we experienced racism anyway, on that scale. Most of the time people are pleasant
    I never commented on the 9 A*-type of threads , because I feel I might be a bit bitter and jealous :p: But they really irritate me :o:
    What about creating a new thread for sUch people? As well as numerous other threads and resources? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'd permaban them for not believing in themselves. Nothing instills faith and confidence like a ban hammer.
    I just want to strangle them. I KNOW THEY KNOW they can get in.

Someone out there is listening, please make me a MOD!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)

The problem is that some of them will peak at GCSE and wont be able to achieve the same level at a-level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)

How do you become a mod, I wonder?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.