Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    More worried about the lack of a life after graduation tbh, but we'll see how it goes.
    That one is another worry but not quite as immediate! Sometimes I think that I'll turn up at medical school and be way out my league

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    I'm having a girly moment, shuuup! I'll go be cool and watch more suturing videos later but for now I like princesses!
    I know someone who knows all the words to beauty and the beast, it is a little scary. Her tape of it has finally broken though :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    That one is another worry but not quite as immediate! Sometimes I think that I'll turn up at medical school and be way out my league
    You wont be :no: Though Im sure many snotty private school kids will try to make people think so.

Disclaimer: I understand these people are in the minority yadda yadda yadda

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone worry about the content of a medicine course? Sometimes I worry about not being able to keep up with everyone else or that I won't understand the material
    Yes more about wth it is going to be like after graduation and what state training will be in (assuming getting that far)

ReputationRep:
    You wont be :no: Though Im sure many snotty private school kids will try to make people think so.

Disclaimer: I understand these people are in the minority yadda yadda yadda
    You hadn't said that I would of shouted at you

Be are not all snobbish. Though I am becoming aware of the fact I may come across as posh at times >.<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    You hadn't said that I would of shouted at you

Be are not all snobbish. Though I am becoming aware of the fact I may come across as posh at times >.<
    Of course not. I've met some cracking people from Private schools. But the those I described, do exist unfortunately.

Also, Posh is totally different. I come across as posh.

ReputationRep:
    Of course not. I've met some cracking people from Private schools. But the those I described, do exist unfortunately.

Also, Posh is totally different. I come across as posh.
    I know but the independent sector does not have total monopoly on the arrogant *******.

ReputationRep:
    I'm worried about not being able to do it, or failing, or anything like that. But cue sera, we're in and we can't control what will happen now, but we can do our best to do well in medicine and enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    <3 sleeping beauty!
    I prefer little mermaid :p: But I know its a bit embarrasing, watching Disney movies at my age :o:

ReputationRep:
    I know but the independent sector does not have total monopoly on the arrogant *******.
    Not at all, however, sometimes it has a good share. Nobody thinks they're all like that though so no worries. Well, actually, some people do but that's reverse snobbery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    I prefer little mermaid :p: But I know its a bit embarrasing, watching Disney movies at my age :o:
    Don't worry I was made to watch that with aformentioned person last week :p:

I think many girls are obsessed with disney :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm yeah
    Don't worry Somehow you'll get through!

I'm planning to emigrate to New Zealand and get a citizenship (my father is NZ'er). The idea of the NHS depresses me ALOT.

I'm a little nervous that I'm only getting through by the skin of my teeth and someday it will be brought the light that I'm not as intelligent as other medical student and will struggle in comparison.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    Not at all, however, sometimes it has a good share. Nobody thinks they're all like that though so no worries. Well, actually, some people do but that's reverse snobbery.
    Those people make me giggle.

Theres some corkers who feel as working class they're disrespected, then to back themselves up they go and have a go at the middle class for this and that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    Ah reverse snobbery, one of the few things that tempts me towards snobbery :p:

Independently educated and a medical student? I am ****** in that respect :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Don't worry Somehow you'll get through!

I'm planning to emigrate to New Zealand and get a citizenship (my father is NZ'er). The idea of the NHS depresses me ALOT.

I'm a little nervous that I'm only getting through by the skin of my teeth and someday it will be brought the light that I'm not as intelligent as other medical student and will struggle in comparison.
    Intelligence: 90% hard work, 5% natural ability, 5% Luck.

In my books anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Those people make me giggle.

Theres some corkers who feel as working class they're disrespected, then to back themselves up they go and have a go at the middle class for this and that.
    Then you point out they're hypocritical, and they say ":eek: You're one of... THEM!"

Tut :p:

My friend is like that a lot and I enjoy pointing out the hypocrisy but she gets angry :p:

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry I was made to watch that with aformentioned person last week :p:

I think many girls are obsessed with disney :p:
    I also love Swan Princess :love:
    My little cousin has borrowed my "Little Mermaid" and it was hard letting it go :rofl: :o: I might buy a new video/DVD
    On the other hand, why did Disney stop making movies about princesses? :stomp: :mad2: It seems like the current vogue is for toys/animals/insects/.monsters :p:

ReputationRep:
    Intelligence: 90% hard work, 5% natural ability, 5% Luck.

In my books anyway.

Shame that I only work at 40% capacity at all times

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Shame that I only work at 40% capacity at all times
    40% capacity, 40% pass mark. Coincidence? I THINK NOT :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else looking at PSs simply because they've got nothing else to do?

Just me? ok.. :getmecoat:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.