Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Oh I don't do that. If I try something on it means it is bought unless it doesn't fit :p:
    You're acceptable then :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    Speaking of shirts I need more :erm:

I also have a hoodie addiction :emo:
    I don't know how many shirts you have, but you can never have too many. MORE I SAY, MORE! :woo:

I'd have so much fun working a clothes shop for men, "WAIT, WAIT, I HAVE ANOTHER SHIRT FOR YOU, DON'T YOU RUN AWAY FROM ME!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    Hoodies are always good. And nice, good quality jackets :yep:

I'm jealous of guys in the fact they just have to have a couple of shirts, tshirts, some nice jeans and a jacket and they're set for any occassion.

Being a girl is much harder and more expensive :cry:
    don't men's clothes cost more? personally, I like men in jumpers+ shirts + ties :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    Yesss!!!! I have read most of his work, apart from Men at Arms, Moving Pictures and Going Postal
    My absolute fave is the Witches and Watch series-Granny Weatherwax and Sam Vimes rock
    Vimesy rocks :yep:
    Thouhg I like Moist probably more (though he is going postal and making money)

Read Strata? not one of his discworld series but certainly one of my favs

(Original post by HiBear)
    yeah at times, but meh it's better than being the sour lemon who cant make up his mind at the store. . .
    :rofl: maybe

ReputationRep:

I'm jealous of guys in the fact they just have to have a couple of shirts, tshirts, some nice jeans and a jacket and they're set for any occassion.

:sadnod:

except my brother spends more than me on clothes. because he buys the expensive stuff, that "lasts longer"

ReputationRep:
    don't men's clothes cost more? personally, I like men in jumpers+ shirts + ties :coma:
    Oh me too :coma: Black ties for da win.

And it depends where they go, but they tend to need to have less to look good, whereas we have to have an array of dresses, skirts, jeans, tops and shoes to look nice :cry:

ReputationRep:
    :console:
    buy new ones :teeth:

i just really hope my friend does make this reality. he's really hyped about it and all. but meh it might be all talk idk..

i know him ehm.. alright. not really close. im going there to meet a bunch of other friends really lol.
    Yes, but I wanted to wear them to freshers, they match my dress. Now I have to look for a new pair.

ReputationRep:

I need someone like you to come and force me to buy clothes rather than waiting till they wear out :p:

You're acceptable then :p:
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    i know him ehm.. alright. not really close. im going there to meet a bunch of other friends really lol.
    :rofl: Just make sure to wish him a happy birthday and I'm sure he won't care :p:

I don't know how many shirts you have, but you can never have too many. MORE I SAY, MORE! :woo:

I'd have so much fun working a clothes shop for men, "WAIT, WAIT, I HAVE ANOTHER SHIRT FOR YOU, DON'T YOU RUN AWAY FROM ME!"
    I have like 4 maybe...:p: I'm sure you can have too many :laugh:

:rofl2: If you were a sales person and did that I'd probably run away :p:

ReputationRep:
    I need someone like you to come and force me to buy clothes rather than waiting till they wear out :p:

I'm good at doing that. One of the good lessons coming from having an older brother who doesn't like to shop much :woo:

ReputationRep:
    not one of his discworld series but certainly one of my favs
    Ooo just noticed that quote thingy-ma-jig in your sig. Is it from Strata by Pratchett by any chance :wizard:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but I wanted to wear them to freshers, they match my dress. Now I have to look for a new pair.
    i will have so much luggage to take to uni :/

but i have my heels :coma:
    makes me look normal height :awesome:

:rofl: Just make sure to wish him a happy birthday and I'm sure he won't care :p:
    yeah probs :p:

ReputationRep:

I have like 4 maybe...:p: I'm sure you can have too many :laugh:

:rofl2: If you were a sales person and did that I'd probably run away :p:
    No you can't :emo:

I'd run after you. There's no escaping my wrath.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyferret)
    Ooo just noticed that quote thingy-ma-jig in your sig. Is it from Strata by Pratchett by any chance :wizard:

If I tell you the book you don't win the prize

Now I have to take the rep bit out

ReputationRep:
    Oh me too :coma: Black ties for da win.

And it depends where they go, but they tend to need to have less to look good, whereas we have to have an array of dresses, skirts, jeans, tops and shoes to look nice :cry:
    nah, I prefer ties with tasteful patterns, like stripes in a same colour theme
    true about the extensive wardrobe thing, I have a huge wardrobe and still manage to have moments of not having any idea of what to wear.

Vimesy rocks :yep:
    Thouhg I like Moist probably more (though he is going postal and making money)

Read Strata? not one of his discworld series but certainly one of my favs

I like Moist too, he is the type to go postal and make money :teeth:

Vetinari is cool, and sexy IMO. Although Vimes is better, he is damn manly, lucky Sybil
    I did read one of the books in the Strata series, but it didnt tick my boxes. Have you read Tiffany Aching series? For younger readers, yes, but soo cool.

ReputationRep:
    I'm good at doing that. One of the good lessons coming from having an older brother who doesn't like to shop much :woo:
    A useful skill

ReputationRep:
    i will have so much luggage to take to uni :/

but i have my heels :coma:
    makes me look normal height :awesome:

:
    Not a big fan of heels, platforms, etc, maybe because my height's ok by my standards. But the dead ones were awesome- comfortable as slippers.
    Oh, well, more reasons to go shopping

ReputationRep:
    No you can't :emo:

I'd run after you. There's no escaping my wrath.
    :eek3:

I spose I should put up with it as we'll both be in London over the next 6 years :p:

I am interested in what a day of shopping with you would be like :p: Maybe it could be one of our TSR get togethers :awesome:

The day where we make Max buy stuff :teeth:

:p:

On another note, I'm off to work now :sad: Toodlepip :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I have a pair of heels I still need to learn how to walk in :emo:

They're nice though. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Vetinari is cool, and sexy IMO. Altough vimes is better, he is damn manly, lucky Sybil
    I did read one of the books in the Strata series, but it didnt tick my boxes. Have you read Tiffany Aching series? For younger readers, yes, but soo cool.
    I though strata was a single book :confused: 1 of only 2 of his pure scifi

I have read that series They are ok, not my favourite though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.