You have balls posting here :smartass:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyferret)
    You have balls posting here :smartass:
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    :confused:
    She (Charl, one of the resident chat peeps) posted in here (and thus appeared in the "who quoted me" box) then deleted. I was intrigued at the time :dunce:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyferret)
    She (Charl, one of the resident chat peeps) posted in here (and thus appeared in the "who quoted me" box) then deleted. I was intrigued at the time :dunce:
    Makes sense.

Maybe I should venture into chat again....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    Slight problem here - DemonAS is my mentor too and apparently we're meant to send links of the PS reviews we've done to our mentors. Well I've done three PS reviews so far and posted my suggestions on the thread for the applicant to see (which I'm not too sure I should have done now come to think of it). I PMd DemonAS the links to all three anyway but I've heard nothing back. :eek3: Firstly, I don't quite think I was meant to carry on and post them for the applicants to see as I haven't been given some form of go-ahead and secondly, do you think it'd be a smart idea to stop reviewing for a while until he gets back to uni - I don't want to get kicked off the whole thing because I've been giving 'wrong' advice or haven't been reviewing to the required standard :unsure:.
    Yeah, sorry about the delay, man. Restarting uni is always a busy time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    Yeah, sorry about the delay, man. Restarting uni is always a busy time!
    Oh no worries at all
    :grin:

ReputationRep:
    :top:

Third year is fun... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I am so bored. Someone start something here. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    :hubba:
    Have you ever re-marked your results, Mena?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Download the new arctic monkeys album :proud: I'm orff to watch some green wing/scrubs/batman begins :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Im too bored to think of something interesting to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    :hubba:
    Have you ever re-marked your results, Mena?
    Yup, I remarked a Chemistry module (U4) last January and it went up from 70/90 (b) to 72/90 (a). It was quite pointless in retrospect since I would have still got an A overall without getting it remarked. I didn't even get a refund since it only happens if the overall grade changes.

I also sent off remarks for GCSE English Literature. I was 3 marks off an A* and it went up by 2 marks leaving me 1 UMS off at 179/200.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex D)
    Download the new arctic monkeys album :proud: I'm orff to watch some green wing/scrubs/batman begins :hubba:
    I'm still not feeling their new album to be perfectly honest. Their set at Reading Festival was ******* awesome though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Yup, I remarked a Chemistry module (U4) last January and it went up from 70/90 (b) to 72/90 (a). It was quite pointless in retrospect since I would have still got an A overall without getting it remarked. I didn't even get a refund since it only happens if the overall grade changes.

I also sent off remarks for GCSE English Literature. I was 3 marks off an A* and it went up by 2 marks leaving me 1 UMS off at 179/200.
    I am 26 marks off Bio and 35 marks off Chem, and sent UC module of Chem to re-mark. The logic is that even if the grade doesn't change, which it obviously won't, I might get few more UMS marks and this will make re-sits easier ( have I explained it already on this thread :confused: ?) But now I wonder if I should have let the sleeping dogs lie and not waste £40, as apparently OCR hardly ever change their marking
    Lats year I was 1 mark off A in Bio and idn't send for a re-mark, just got the script back, and what do you think, they cheated me off about 6 marks in total, and these were only in planning :mad2: I hate OCR :rant:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    I am 26 marks off Bio and 35 marks off Chem, and sent UC module of Chem to re-mark. The logic is that even if the grade doesn't change, which it obviously won't, I might get few more UMS marks and this will make re-sits easier ( have I explained it already on this thread :confused: ?) But now I wonder if I should have let the sleeping dogs lie and not waste £40, as apparently OCR hardly ever change their marking
    Lats year I was 1 mark off A in Bio and idn't send for a re-mark, just got the script back, and what do you think, they cheated me off about 6 marks in total, and these were only in planning :mad2: I hate OCR :rant:
    Sorry, how many papers did you send off? I suppose it's worth a shot. Good luck - you should be getting them back soon I'm guessing?

I was 1 mark into an A in Chemistry last year, which was very lucky. I somehow managed to do better in my A2 modules though:

Unit 1 - (a) - 72/90
    Unit 2 - (b) - 90/120
    Unit 3 - (a) - 79/90
    Unit 4 - (a) - 72/90
    Unit 5 - (a) - 81/90
    Unit 6 - (a) - 102/120

I still can't believe I got an A in the synoptic, especially after hearing so many anecdotes by teachers of students who were averaging 95% in all their other units yet ended up getting like an E in the synoptic. I suppose it did well to scare me into revising like a ***** for it. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Sorry, how many papers did you send off? I suppose it's worth a shot. Good luck - you should be getting them back soon I'm guessing?

I was 1 mark into an A in Chemistry last year, which was very lucky. I somehow managed to do better in my A2 modules though:

Unit 1 - (a) - 72/90
    Unit 2 - (b) - 90/120
    Unit 3 - (a) - 79/90
    Unit 4 - (a) - 72/90
    Unit 5 - (a) - 81/90
    Unit 6 - (a) - 102/120

I still can't believe I got an A in the synoptic, especially after hearing so many anecdotes by teachers of students who were averaging 95% in all their other units yet ended up getting like an E in the synoptic. I suppose it did well to scare me into revising like a ***** for it. :yy:
    One module only, Unifying Concepts, although if it wasnt for money issues I would have sent Options too UC was like 66/120, which is a D. In all fairness, I doubt my synoptic/practical were brilliant, but a **** ing D? And I did revise like a ***** for it, because I was scared of synoptic.
    I'm not sure when I get it back, hopefully soon, although I begin to think that ignorance is bliss in this case :p: Thanks for wishing me luck, I need as much of it as possible, though I don't hold much hope :cry:
    Goodnight, in any case :moon:

ReputationRep:
    I Am Actually Fuming.

ReputationRep:
    im now more fuming because i cant even post in ******* capitals

**** you tsr.

AND IM SOBER.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccy.)
    I Am Actually Fuming.
    :console:

what's up?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.