Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    :yikes: How odd!
    I watched a comedy thing today about "foreign accent syndrome" when after operations patients wake up with a different accent. The gullible side of me can't quite work out whether it's true or not...:o:

EDIT: Slap my thigh and call me Nora, it's true according to Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_accent_syndrome
    was that omid djalili, by any chance? :p: i saw him do something on that, about the geordie woman who woke up with a jamaican accent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    attention grab
    :birthday:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chilledice)
    The one on tv.. :shh: .. I just wanted to have some sort of input

although surgery live was incredibly cool, I really enjoyed it
    I've just seen a tumour extraction from a lung of a newborn today. Was a bit scary, but he made it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    I've just seen a tumour extraction from a lung of a newborn today. Was a bit scary, but he made it
    I've just seen the first episode of Black Orchid, a Doctor Who story - i doubt it was as scary as what you watched, but was probably funnier

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the birthday wishes, dahlllins! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Hope you had a really nice day

And I'd go for the red coat aswell :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    I've just seen the first episode of Black Orchid, a Doctor Who story - i doubt it was as scary as what you watched, but was probably funnier
    You and your Dr Who fetish :hahaha: Plus :smokin:
    Incidently, does your surname start wiht a letter B ?

ReputationRep:
    You and your Dr Who fetish :hahaha: Plus :smokin:
    Incidently, does your surname start wiht a letter B ?
    Doctor Who + cigarette would be heaven, I suppose I could take my laptop out for a walk :ninja:

And yes

ReputationRep:
    Doctor Who + cigarette would be heaven, I suppose I could take my laptop out for a walk :ninja:

And yes
    :ahee: I just worked out your identity on FB group
    And I wouldn't advice going walkies with laptop in this weather, however strong is the lure :p:

ReputationRep:
    :ahee: I just worked out your identity on FB group
    And I wouldn't advice going walkies with laptop in this weather, however strong is the lure :p:
    :top:

And I agree, I shall just have to keep my two hobbies separate for the time being :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Happy Birthday

Hope you've had a great day!

ReputationRep:
    :top:

And I agree, I shall just have to keep my two hobbies separate for the time being :sadnod:
    Hmm, if you have some kind of shelter in the garden, you could try that :p:
    My garden is about to undergo drastic renovation (fingers crossed)

ReputationRep:
    Are we appreciating Scaryhair, the lovely girl who is going to send us all food when we need it?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, if you have some kind of shelter in the garden, you could try that :p:
    My garden is about to undergo drastic renovation (fingers crossed)
    I think my parents may notice me building a shelter in the garden and smoking in it :p:

ReputationRep:
    I think my parents may notice me building a shelter in the garden and smoking in it :p:
    You mean they still have no idea you smoke?
    Just tell them its a gardening project and that gardening is your new hobby :p: Could be expensive, that, on top of the price of cigarettes :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    Are we appreciating Scaryhair, the lovely girl who is going to send us all food when we need it?
    I appreciate Scaryhair , but I will be cooking my own food, thank you very much :p:

ReputationRep:
    You mean they still have no idea you smoke?
    Just tell them its a gardening project and that gardening is your new hobby :p: Could be expensive, that, on top of the price of cigarettes :p:
    They haven't a clue :proud:

Sadly they know gardening isn't my hobby since I had a rant about it only the other day when I got compost on my hands

As for the price of cigarettes, i've spent nearly 50 quid on them in the last month - tis my one motivation for giving up at some point

ReputationRep:

Sadly they know gardening isn't my hobby since I had a rant about it only the other day when I got compost on my hands

As for the price of cigarettes, i've spent nearly 50 quid on them in the last month - tis my one motivation for giving up at some point
    And not the health of your lungs?! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chilledice)
    And not the health of your lungs?! :woo:
    I have thought about that, but it is mainly the price that bothers me

And hello, I don't believe we've spoken before :wavey:

ReputationRep:

Give up, Citrus :p: £50 a month? blimey, I could buy some very nice extras with that
    And nothing wrong with compost on your hands :eyeball: I only hate getting it under my nails, that is total eww, but seeing my plants flourish is so worth it :yep: And I am very fussy about washing my hands afterwards :p:
    I took up gardening when I realised that its one of the few hobbies that doesnt damage your health ( well, normally)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.